Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles Without circuit a board controlling the motors
Someone tried to mod my Dora lil quad 6v power wheel and now when I hook up the battery, it runs automatically on it's own without pressing the accelerator button. Here is what it looks like now. My little guy really wants to ride, please help. Thanks.
PS if I can return it to 'normal' I will be modding it to 12v, but first I need it to run ok
Attachments
pw5.jpg
Its hard to tell from that pic but it sounds like your push button switch is bad. Unplug the white connector. If it stops running the push button is bad.
when the push button is pressed, the motor actually slows down. Would you be able to direct me to the orignal wiring diagram, if possible? I would love to get this going for my son, it has to be something simple. Thank you so much for your reply!
The stock 6v battery for those little quads has the connector attached and it plugs into the black connector (at the left side of your picture).
Are you connecting your battery to the black connector (like a stock battery) or are you connecting an aftermarket battery to the white wires (with the stripped ends) ?
It looks like the white wire at the bottom of the picture is wired directly to the little red positive wire from the motor. The other white wire (with the stripped end kinda laying near the black connector - but not actually attached to it ??? I can't tell) is connected directly to the black negative wire from the motor. Therefore if you are attaching a battery to the two white wires then the motor will always run. There is no switch wired into the circuit.
I'm guessing your switch is fine just not wired into the circuit anymore.
If you still want to use the small stock 6v battery with stock black connector then you will need to find a way to wire the connector back in (but it looks like someone cut the wires so short it will be tough).

Are you connecting your battery to the black connector (like a stock battery) or are you connecting an aftermarket battery to the white wires (with the stripped ends) ?

simple motor wiring.png
Add description
simple motor wiring.png (4.37 KiB) Viewed 425 times

I'd call this a roller if it was a car, it was in […]

I'm already using two 120mm fans, one to push fres[…]

In that case then I can retire the long wire conne[…]

well the wires got hot at the switches to the moto[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course