Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles Without circuit a board controlling the motors
So I bought a huffy lightning mcqueen v6 and it only had one motor and drive wheel. So I bought another motor and drive wheel. A 12v 10ahr battery is on the way. What is the best way to wire the two motors together. Branch the power to each motor or run them inline with one another.

Thanks!

It depends on what you want to accomplish. You have a single motor/gearbox, 6v car. You are going to be installing a 12v battery and another motor/gearbox. If you want more speed you would wire them in parallel (both motors receive 12v). If you want the same speed as stock you would wire them in series (both motors share 12v). If you want a little of both you could wire in two batteries in series to provide 18v and then wire the motors in series (both motors share 18v). Run times will vary depending on which setup you go with. Don't forget to install an in-line fuse (or some form of over-current protection).
Wired hit the main points. A few minor things: if you wire the motors in series you'll have the "open-differential" behavior -- where a wheel with low or no traction will spin 2x as fast as normal and the other tire (which has all the grip) will do nothing. Beyond being annoying, this can be potentially destructive if you're doing this on a 6V motor running at 18V, as the freewheeling motor will be spinning far above its intended RPM (3x original speed).

Wiring them parallel @ 12V would give you full drive on both wheels. It would be 2x the speed of the original as well as 3-4x the total torque, since it's now two motors driving. If you want to preserve a "slow" capability but still have the drive option, you may also want to consider getting the switch/wiring from one of the 12V power wheels and installing it, since that effectively provides a parallel vs. series switching capability (reverse/1st gear run motors in series, 2nd runs the motors in parallel).
Krylon Confusion

I like it. Very sharp. ;)

I think the 2.8x increase in speed (and correspond[…]

My son, who finally got interested in riding the j[…]

Thanks BigMac, I think she's holding the pedal do[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course