Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
High-RPM motors
sub-note: take care of these motors, they are extreeeeeemly hard to find, so if you blow it up or let out the magic smoke fixing it aint gonna be easy. :-(
By jpopper
Is it possible to add a 2 speed shifter to a super 6 F150 that has the push button forward and reverse when changing to 12 volts?
By jparthum
Yes, and that's a good idea because it will slow Reverse back down to the original 6V speed. But I've never worked on a F150, so I don't know how difficult it would be to physically mount the shifter :? . Here's how it would need to be wired...

Click to animate.

If you only want LOW speed in REVERSE, and don't mind if FORWARD is always in HIGH, then this may be a little easier...

http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3249
By jpopper
Thanks jp, I am thinking along the lines of a Mustang shifter mounted where the old switch is now. Might have to cut some bigger holes to mount it.
By jparthum
I pondered installing a shifter (two actually) into a Cozy Coupe, but the potential problems I saw were attaching the shifter assembly securely, and the amount of room needed behind/underneath for the switches and harness - about the size of a small PWs battery :shock: . You may also want to see if it will fit under the seat, like in a PWs Jeep...? :?
By dew-e
Hi all, have started modding my daughters supersix lighting mcqueen after a year or two of driving it around stock. She's starting driving real karts, and the lack of speed, and the automatic braking really causes confusion on a kart with left foot brake.

I just upgraded to a 12volt APC replacement UPS battery, with a 30amp fuse and find that she has popped several fuses in the first day of driving it. I plan to go through all of the switches, clean all of the contacts and bump up to a 35 or 40amp fuse temporarily to see if that solves the fuse issue.

However, in reading around, I see that upgrading the wiring is the real fix. So to my question, and the reason I posted in this thread.

I also bought a three position shifter that drops right into the spot of her two position shifter. Not sure which car it is from, but it has the two forward speeds, and one reverse speed. I also bought a second pedal assembly, and will be installing it as a left foot brake with no braking activity any more on the gas pedal.

So in this post, the wiring diagram above gives me a good idea about how to wire up the shifter, but I'm not sure how to integrate the pedal brake into the wiring. Also, since I'm thinking about upgrading the wiring, is there a stock wiring harness from a 12volt powerwheel that has a thicker gauge wire, brake pedal and two forward speed built into the harness? If i could just make this plug and play, that would be great, but I'm not afraid of wiring, or building my own wiring harness using crimp-on quick disconnect plugs like I did for the battery.

I've found several other wiring harness schematics, but not sure which one fits the best for adding the dual speed shifter and brake pedal. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
By jparthum
It sounds like your best bet would be to purchase a [used] 12V PWs wiring harness and throttle pedal. I'm not aware of any models pre-wired with a separate brake pedal, but I could be wrong. :?

To add a separate brake pedal to factory 12V harness; (Using the diagram above) You would just need to:
  1. Move the wire from the top terminal of the Throttle Pedal (Normally Open) to the bottom terminal of the Brake Pedal (Normally Closed).
  2. Move the wire from the bottom terminal of the Throttle Pedal (Normally Closed) to the top terminal of the Brake Pedal (Normally Open).
  3. Add a new wire from the top terminal of the Throttle Pedal (Normally Open) to the middle terminal of the Brake Pedal (Common).
:)
By jparthum
Naw - not yet. :(

I think I'm gonna end up going with Micro-Switches and Relays, but still not sure how to spring load (whatever I use for) the handles. :?
By jpopper
I have not gotten around to any other PW stuff since it has gotten colder out. I will probably get back to it in the spring. I may end up selling the truck too since I found a red F150 monster truck that looks like the black and yellow Bigfoot truck.Right now I have 4 and my wife says I need to get rid of some before getting more. I really want to get a Gator or 2 for my kids since they love daddy's tractors.
Why wont anyone help me??

That's the standard 12v PW wiring diagram From htt[…]

Which battery for you choose

This is not a forum about RC cars. With a few exc[…]

Where to find batteries

Ebay. Depending on what battery you are replacing […]

@toycrushers Is there a way to put a break reduc[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course