Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
High-RPM motors
sub-note: take care of these motors, they are extreeeeeemly hard to find, so if you blow it up or let out the magic smoke fixing it aint gonna be easy. :-(
By 3JsWJ
I'm working on a Firerock Jeep and I would like to run it on 12V but only temporarily with a Turbo button. I already have a 12V battery that I would like to use on this. Is it possible to wire this turbo button for only full 12V when it is pressed?
I've seen the diagrams with two 6V batteries but can it be done with one 12V?
By taz11
That is actually a good Idea. I have a KFX harness that works the same way $5 plus shipping. Or(depending on your ability level)....you can use the turbo button to operate a DPDT relay (or two SPDT relays) that switch the motors from series to parallel when the button is pushed. Make up your own harness.
By 3JsWJ
Taz, if you have a harness that will work with what I want to do, I'll take it. Can you PM me your paypal info and I'll send payment today? I'm trying to get this finished for my son's Christmas present. I still have to sand and paint the whole thing! I just wanted to figure out if I have to cut it up first.
By taz11
Now that I think of it, I may also have a steering wheel with a turbo button installed. I'll dig it all out tonight and figure out shipping. What is your zip code? What kind of battery are you using? I'm cleaning out so if there are any little things that can help you out I can put them in too.

I'll post pics tonight and you can let me know what you want.
By 3JsWJ
Thanks Taz. Zip is 15108.
I'm using a 12V 12ah battery from International Importers.
I'm interested in anything that can help me finish this quick. My next step is maybe cb mic, soundbox, lights?
By coulter's
I just finished wiring my first mod. Lil F150 bumped up to 12v and then i used two relays to to switch the motors from parallel to series. I wish I knew about the wire kfx wire harness. That would have saved some money.
I have learned a lot and it was fun figuring this all out.

It is kind of funny, I thought my idea of using relays with a turbo button to switch the motors from series to parallel was original. I knew that was too good of an idea for me to be the first person to do it.
Last edited by coulter's on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ms1120
coulter's wrote:I just finished wiring my first mod. Lil F150 bumped up to 12v and then i used two relays to to switch the motors from parallel to series. I wish I knew about the wire kfx wire harness. That would have saved some money.
I have learned a lot and it was fun figuring this all out.

It is kind of funny, I thought my the idea of using relays with a turbo button to switch the motors from series to parallel was original. I knew that was too good of an idea for me to be the first person to do it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah Im afraid PW thought of it already. If you can find Harleys with a red square button on the handle bar, thats a wiring harness to snag in its entirety
By taz11
The first steering wheel from the 4x4 project.
parts 002.jpg

parts 003.jpg

And a KFX harness
parts 001.jpg

The plugs should be self explanitory. 2 motors, fwd/rev switch, pedal switch. The one with the yellow tag connects to the steering wheel switch (you will need 2 crimp connectors for this). The black and white wires go to the battery. (white is +) You may need to add some wire here along with a fuse.

I placed this on top of a Jazzy Jeep (same as yours) and it appears that all the wires are long enough to fit without altering it.

Are you comfortable making basic wire connections with solder or crimp connectors?

I'll grab a box from work and get you a shipped price tomorrow morning. If it all sounds good I should be able to get it in the mail tomorrow.

EDIT...found a connector to fit the boost plug :D
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By taz11
Total: $15 shipped Priority Mail.

I'll Pm paypal info
By taz11
Need your address, It did not come through with the payment. Send me a PM

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Awesome. Dude, you're a machine! I thought I was[…]

Does it do this with the batteries fully charged?

Sounds normal to me. Since it's a series circuit […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course