Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
High-RPM motors
sub-note: take care of these motors, they are extreeeeeemly hard to find, so if you blow it up or let out the magic smoke fixing it aint gonna be easy. :-(
By bruces_eviltwin
Im sure I saw it somewhere. Can someonehelpmeout please?
By sea_stork
I don't know where it is either, but if the vehicle originally came with one red 6V battery. It's a super 6.
Last edited by sea_stork on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bruces_eviltwin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated list of Super 6 vehicles. All have 3B gearboxes unless otherwise noted.

-6V Lamborghinis (With 3A Gearboxes)
-6V Corvettes
-Wild Thing
-Big Jake/Caterpillar Dump truck
-Any of the larger (non Lil Quads) 6V quads like the Barbie Trail Rider, the current Batman quad in the stores, etc.
-The 6V Lightning McQueen (this one comes with a 19T #7 GB too)
-Any of the larger (non Lil Jeeps) 6V Single Seater Jeeps with 2 drive wheels like the FireRock.
-The Lil F150
-The 6V F150 Off Road/Big Foot/Blue Thunder
-6 volt barbie quad
The Cat Tough Loader(skid steer)
If you come across others, feel free to post/edit the list.
Last edited by bruces_eviltwin on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By wam533
i see a lot of talk about super 6 PWs but i haven't read the reason people look for them. Are they good for bumping up to 12v? why do they seem to be in demand. I'm talking to a guy that has a 93 lambo for sale thats a super 6. Should i buy it? Seems like they'd be slower than the daughters 12v rides? any help guys...thx
By bruces_eviltwin
actually a super 6 boosted to 12volts is an easy upgrade to 7mph with no exspense other than the battery
By Whitepup
Bruce is right Wam, A super 6 ride on with a 12V battery DOUBLES the speed. That 93 lambo will do circles around your daughters 12V ride with a 12V super-6 ride on. :)
By h-bomb
The old PW "My First Roadster" was also a Super 6, I believe.

Last edited by h-bomb on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pkupmn98
I just picked up a skid steer, dump truck and ninja 4 wheeler, $20 total. The skid steer and dump truck are super 6s. I dropped a Gruber 12v 18ah in them and they FLY!
By stormace
I have a lightning McQueen 6v. I ordered the battery from gruber 12v 12. I havent received it. Do I need to find a 12v charger? As well as a battery side connector along with a vehicle side connector?
By bruces_eviltwin
stormace wrote:I have a lightning McQueen 6v. I ordered the battery from gruber 12v 12. I havent received it. Do I need to find a 12v charger? As well as a battery side connector along with a vehicle side connector?

yes you need a 12 voltcharger, walmart has the schumacher one we all like for $20
By rush-is-right
should the super 6 just be used on flatter surfaces/grass, or do they handle or have the torque to do hills, or be in bigger vehicles, assuming the gbs are kept at 16t. and will they bolt right up, as far as pinion pitch, oh, and what is their teeth count or does the pinion need to be changed for the other than "3A" gbs?
By x-tremeOCK
These are three of the little guys rides. I picked up the F150 super 6 for $10 at a garage sale and it is ugly. Previous owner sprayed it flat black and silver. Paint is coming off everywhere. We dropped in a 12v battery and added some cheap LEDs. Man, this thing flys, it's faster then the 18v Hummer and 18v Hurricane. HAD to add a remote kill! I put these big honkin' red and blue strobe LEDs(44 lights each :shock: )on the back. At night it looks like the cops are "visiting" the neighbors when he's roaring down the block! :lol: He beats this thing up everytime he rides it and it just won't die. Great fun!

DSC00607.JPG

X
Last edited by x-tremeOCK on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By toycrusher
x-tremeOCK wrote:These are three of the little guys rides. I picked up the F150 super 6 for $10 at a garage sale and it is ugly. Previous owner sprayed it flat black and silver. Paint is coming off everywhere. We dropped in a 12v battery and added some cheap LEDs. Man, this thing flys, it's faster then the 18v Hummer and 18v Hurricane. HAD to add a remote kill! I put these big honkin' red and blue strobe LEDs(44 lights each :shock: )on the back. At night it looks like the cops are "visiting" the neighbors when he's roaring down the block! :lol: He beats this thing up everytime he rides it and it just won't die. Great fun!

DSC00607.JPG

X

I just picked up two of those "bigfoot" F-150's. Are they ALL super-6?
By x-tremeOCK
toycrusher wrote:
x-tremeOCK wrote:These are three of the little guys rides. I picked up the F150 super 6 for $10 at a garage sale and it is ugly. Previous owner sprayed it flat black and silver. Paint is coming off everywhere. We dropped in a 12v battery and added some cheap LEDs. Man, this thing flys, it's faster then the 18v Hummer and 18v Hurricane. HAD to add a remote kill! I put these big honkin' red and blue strobe LEDs(44 lights each :shock: )on the back. At night it looks like the cops are "visiting" the neighbors when he's roaring down the block! :lol: He beats this thing up everytime he rides it and it just won't die. Great fun!

DSC00607.JPG

X

I just picked up two of those "bigfoot" F-150's. Are they ALL super-6?

Don't know what Bigfoot models you have but this post from the archived forums should clear things up for you. Good luck!

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... C_ID=15093

X
By x-tremeOCK
rush-is-right wrote:that is a mean looking fleet...

Sorry for the delay Rush, didn't know you responded('cause I didn't check :oops:). Ya, those Dodge minivans and Ford Taraus' are real tough guy vehicles...uh.. oh!...you mean my grandsons rides. He has 7 of them now and I'm running out of room! :lol:

X
By rush-is-right
living in Chicago, you probably need to start looking into getting them bullet proofed. and if you need room, just let me know, me and my boys would be more than happy to "store" them for you
By toycrusher
That was an awesome link. Thanks!
Here is what I picked up and based on that thread, it looks like they should both be super six.
Attachments
20130723_065930.jpg
By x-tremeOCK
rush-is-right wrote:living in Chicago, you probably need to start looking into getting them bullet proofed. and if you need room, just let me know, me and my boys would be more than happy to "store" them for you

I thought about that. Use resin for fiberglass with Kevlar cloth then top with carbon fiber. All that goes on the sides of the vehicle. Add 1/4" steel to the floor to act as a blast plate. Then mount the 50 cal above the windshield :twisted: ....I know he's only 4 but he has to learn to protect himself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

x

NOTE TO YOU GOV SNOOPS: I'M JUST KIDDING!
By x-tremeOCK
toycrusher wrote:That was an awesome link. Thanks!
Here is what I picked up and based on that thread, it looks like they should both be super six.

Glad to help. :D

Man, that pic looks like rush hour traffic around here! :lol:

X
By rush-is-right
do the super 6 motors have the same dia shaft as the standard motors? so if i put super 6 in a #7 gb i would just have to change the pinion right?
By toycrusher
That Archived bigfoot thread was great. Unfortunately, there are apparently always exceptions to the rules. The two bigfoots I picked up looked identical but one was super-6 and the other was regular 12v. Oh well :-(
By rush-is-right
i would guess that it is a assumption. i think if it has a red battery it is a 6 volt. beyond that im not sure about the motor.
By rush-is-right
i know super 6's are faster than stock, how do they handle weight? should they be kept in a smaller vehicle, or one that only has one rider at a time? if i find them i dont want to wreck them on a dumb mistake
By toycrusher
Super-6 motors are built for speed, not torque. They are best kept for pavement only single-seater rides. I have a lil-jeep with a pair of super-6's on 12v and bigger wheels, it runs about 7mph on pavement but bogs badly in grass and stalls on a hill.
By rush-is-right
great! thanks. i have been wondering this for a while. should they "bolt right in" to an existing #7 gb, or are their pinions different?
By toycrusher
No, Super-6 uses an 8 tooth pinion. If your REALLY good, I hear you can remove the pinion from the #7 motor and press it onto the super-6 motor, but I haven't tried. Besides that, the #3 gearbox is roughly the same ratio as a 21t #7, so you wouldn't gain any speed. The only thing you would get would be some extra strength, but the super-6 isn't really strong enough to do much damage anyway. I would just stick with #3 boxes in my opinion.
By rush-is-right
here is an idea. what if i put the super 6 on some 16's and make a single seater ( f-150 i think) and make it 4x4, that should make it easier on the gbs, and the motors right?
By toycrusher
You can do that, but if you already have 16T #7's, just boost it to 18v and you will be faster than super 6 motors in a 16t #7 box at 12v. Though I haven't personally tried it, going beyond 12v is rumored to burn out super 6 motors.
By rush-is-right
one of my drivers i dont trust in 18 volt. the other one had a taste of it and loved it, but i told him he has to teach his younger brother to shift right or we cant bump up.......slow progress

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response and confusion. So aft[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course