HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By cwbman
Hi, I'm new to forum and its awesome. Do you see any fatal flaws with this diagram? (attached) I'm converting my kid's 12V 9.5ah F150 to 18V (three 6V 12ah) in series. I'm using a 7 pin trailer quick connect to allow charging in parallel at 6V.
Attachments
F150 battery mod to 18V.jpg
7 pin trailer connector facilitates 18V to power wheels and 6V parallel charging
By bruces_eviltwin
I think it looks good, NICE concept :!:
By ToXIc
cwbman wrote:Hi, I'm new to forum and its awesome. Do you see any fatal flaws with this diagram? (attached) I'm converting my kid's 12V 9.5ah F150 to 18V (three 6V 12ah) in series. I'm using a 7 pin trailer quick connect to allow charging in parallel at 6V.

how is this setup working for you?

its exactly what i'm looking for thanks for posting this up..

also what size fuses would each battery need?
By skoks21
Do all three 6v batteries need to be the same ah? I have a smaller 6 bolt out of a four wheeler but I don't know if I can wire it up in a series with the 2 6v 9.6ah batteries I have now
By Doublebase
Looks good. I will prob go this route.

When you connect the batteries all in parallel to charge do the aH add up? For example, if you have 3 7aH batteries do they now add up to 21aH and therefore a 1Amp charger would take 21 hours to charge all 3 batteries? Or does it stay at 7aH and take 7 hours to charge all 3? Again this is with using a 1Amp charger.
Last edited by Doublebase on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dreamkreationz
That is awesome, what I was looking for, now is there a way to connect a High/low switch in there? For maybe 6v to 18v? And say if I wanted to make headlights, where could I connect them?
Last edited by Dreamkreationz on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By brodieb666
Why would this setup require fuses on each battery, as opposed to any other 3- 6v setup?
The batteries are in series, with a total of 18 volts, and as far as I understand with a 3- 6v battery setup usually a fuse is put after the last battery. Why would connecting them through the connector change the need for fuses on each battery?
By Csalemka
Very nice setup. Hoping to get this thread going. First time I've really seen a good charging port setup. Going along with the headlight/accessory question. Could an additional circuit be setup to put 2 of the batteries in series and then run those to accessory lighting?

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course