HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By misterG
Have Barbie 12V 9.5 A/h PW and want to use Ryobi VS switch(rated 9-20 amps) for accelerator.

Question: How does one determine what switch load rating is required for a given battery voltage/amperage?

If if converted the barbie to an 18v system what switch rating would I need?

Brand new to posting to forums so let me know if I posted in the appropriate forum/section.

Mike G
By misterG
Answer: Use OHM's law to determine load.

Temporarily hook up Ryobi VS drill switch to PW and do an actual test to measure heat in motors, wires, and switch heat sink. Run drill switch for several minutes with zero wheel load. RESULTS: No heat.

Conclusion: Probably ok to use Ryobi 20 amp VS drill switch to controll speed of a Barbie 12 Volt PW.

THANK YOU GOOGLE.

COMMENTS APPRECIATED.
I just fried two ryobi drill switches attempting this mod on an otherwise stock 12v Barbie Jeep :x . Does anyone have a proper wiring diagram that worked for them when making this mod? I am just trying to give my kids some fine low speed control but now I am out $26 for the replacement switch. (The first switch was harvested from the donor drill so that was a freebie). Is there some issue using this drill switch with the two wheel motors in low speed that makes the internal chip (transistor?) burn up before the wheels even turn? I had not tried it in high -- just reverse. I cut the black negative wire on the jeep, and connected the battery white and black to positive and negative on the drill switch. Then I connected the black wire going to the jeep to the black wire on the motor end of the switch. And the red wire from the jeep to the red wire on the motor terminal on the switch. Just like in the ryobi drill, from what I could see. I can't figure out what went wrong, and it is driving me nuts because these things are so darn simple.

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course