HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By J0SH44
I just brought home a 'new to me' Powerwheels Kawasaki KFX w/ Monster Traction. No battery, so I would like to wire in three 6v12ah (possibly bigger ah--looks like there is a bit of room in there). Can I just cut off the stock connector and wire in the three 6v batteries in series (with a 40amp fuse) or does the extra voltage need to go in a certain place to avoid burning out any boards/relays? I have read a few different threads and I am still confused. I would like to avoid burning anything up--at least right away. This thread seems to imply that wiring the batteries together where the old 12 volt battery was wired in works fine: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=6083. But there is no long term report (at least a month out) to verify no extra damage to the boards or relays. Like Sea Stork says in the post I would want to keep the high/low button to help with the gears. Do I need to upgrade all the wiring as well to something heavier?

At some point I would love to go to 24 volts. If anyone has any information on what I would need to purchase to make that move I would be very appreciative as well. Would there be any advantage (speed or torque) to purchasing new motors while at 18volts?

Thanks in advance for the information

In that case then I can retire the long wire conne[…]

well the wires got hot at the switches to the moto[…]

Increasing voltage question

The motor's "nominal voltage rating" is […]

Thanks for the update!

HobbyMasters Udemy Course