HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By dka56
I have tried the Titan 550 and while they work, we have too many hills to use them on the stock controls. So without going with a scooter pedal and controller, can I go with 18V on the stock setup including stock motors? I have the newer shifter but the rest of the electrical is pretty much stock.

Also, I have some 7AH 6V batteries I want to use with my 15 AH 12V battery. Can I parallel the two 6V 7AH batts then safely connect them to the 12V battery in series while having 1 less total AH rating? I would end up with a single 12V 15 AH battery connected to a pair of 6V batteries totaling 14 AH.

My son is good about starting off in first but would a blast of 18V fry the stock gearboxes in 2nd?

I may just end up with a scooter controller, which scooter pedal and controller can I use with 18V up to 24V?

Thanks!
dka56 wrote:I have tried the Titan 550 and while they work, we have too many hills to use them on the stock controls. So without going with a scooter pedal and controller, can I go with 18V on the stock setup including stock motors? I have the newer shifter but the rest of the electrical is pretty much stock.

Also, I have some 7AH 6V batteries I want to use with my 15 AH 12V battery. Can I parallel the two 6V 7AH batts then safely connect them to the 12V battery in series while having 1 less total AH rating? I would end up with a single 12V 15 AH battery connected to a pair of 6V batteries totaling 14 AH.

My son is good about starting off in first but would a blast of 18V fry the stock gearboxes in 2nd?

I may just end up with a scooter controller, which scooter pedal and controller can I use with 18V up to 24V?

Thanks!

Most people have had good success with stock rides on 18v. About your series/parallel question, It's not ideal, but I've personally mix-matched battery AH ratings slightly and nothing exploded on me ;)

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course