HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By akallenberg
I upgraded my 18 volt power wheels Mustang to new 23 pinion 550 racing motors. My Mustang now stalls often, it did not stall before the upgrade. It runs great with no load in it, however when I run it with my daughter in it at 18 volts, it will stall within about 2 minutes. It does better at 12 volts, but it will stall in about 5 minutes, instead 2. The Mustang runs on two power wheel batteries, the 12 volt grey battery and the 6 volt red battery (i also have a 40 amp inline fuse). These batteries both have about the same ah (9.5/9.6ah). The stall is only happening for a few seconds, then I can get the car running again almost immediately if I pull my daughter out of the car. My first thought is that the reason for the stall is that the fuse in one or both of the batteries is being tripped. However, the strange thing is that I can run the car almost immediately after the stall. In the past when I tripped the battery fuses by going up a hill, it generally took at least 30 seconds before I can run the car again. These Power Wheel batteries are new and I had them checked by a power wheels service center. Do you think this is a battery fuse issue and I need to replace the PW batteries with after market batteries or do you think I have another problem?
By toycrusher
Almost certainly the built in circuit breakers. You are going to want a pair of aftermarket batteries with that inline fuse you already bought.
By akallenberg
I sucked it up and bought 2 after market batteries. A 12 volt and 6 volt, both 12 ah. The car was super fast with my new motors and no more stalls! The kids only had one ride so I can't say for sure, but it looks like the problem was resolved. Charging is slow with the charger I have. I have one charger that charges at 1.5 amp hours. It takes forever to charge 2 batteries after my kids take a ride. My next investment is going to be another charger. If I'm not mistaking I think these batteries can be charged quicker. I am going to look for something that can charge at 3 amp hours. I think 3 is probably the max without messing up these batteries. Any comments or suggestions on chargers and charging speed are appreciated. Thank you!
By toycrusher
Most of us have gone with a second set of batteries to keep the fun going while the first set charges. My kids rarely ride over an hour so the overnight recharge time is not an issue

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course