M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By tonikins
Hi All,

I'm new to PW modifications and have found allot of great info on this site. I purchased a PW Dune Racer for my kids this Christmas and want to get a bit more power out of it. I've read the 12v to 18v conversion thread with a 12v and 6v battery however the batteries that I have are different ah ratings. The 12v battery has a 9.5 ah rating and the 6v battery has a 12 ah rating. Will this cause any problems if I wire it up using the information supplied on this site below? Also, I have 2 6v batteries (both are 12 ah). Am I able to wire both of them up as well as the 12 volt battery and still get 18 volts safely?

Thanks in advance for your help.

"Now for the schematics:
This is actually very simple, if you are using one 12 volt battery and one 6 volt, simply connect the positive lead from the car to the POSITIVE terminal on the FIRST battery. Connect the NEGATIVE terminal of the FIRST battery to the POSITIVE terminal on the SECOND battery. Finally connect the NEGATIVE terminal of the SECOND battery to the NEGATIVE lead coming from the car. This is called wiring in SERIES and will produce 18volts."

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course