HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By Bob8719
I have read several options for 18 Volt upgrades. It seems like the 3 6v 12amp batteries is the best option as long as they are wired positive to negative back and forth and not positive to positive all the way across. Is that correct?
Like this = true 18v
+ \ + \ + -- / -- / --

Like this = 6v but longer charge

+----+----+
~ ---- ~ ---- ~

I just want speed and power for use in mud play. Any other advice or modification ideas will be appreciated.
Last edited by Bob8719 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
By h-bomb
Wiring three 6v in series will give you 18v

Wiring three 6v in parallel still gives you 6v, but with longer runtime

I always used a 12v and a 6v wired in series for 18v. It's easier to find room for two batteries instead of three.

Hope that helps.
H.
By Bob8719
Thank you very much. That helps a tremendous amount. Any suggestions on what I need to do to make it stronger and faster for going through mud? I want to put my little guy in the powerwheel mud bogs lol..
By ImaDoit
I second the thoughts in this thread. Most 12v will fit where the stock 12v goes. Or, if you still have the stock battery, you could wire a 6v in series for your 18v. I recommend replacing the stock (sell it) and making sure your 12 and 6v have matching amp hours (ah).

If you are on a pinch and need grip, you could always run screws or bolts in the plastic wheels. It'll be a digger. I've done this with motorcycle tires before.

Most people just stretch a bike tire over the plastic wheels. This helps with road traction. But for mud use, it probably wouldn't help much.

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course