HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By Spielmannsfluch
Now that the Little Girl has figured out how to drive, I want to add a Turbo button for more speed. I checked the forum, but I didn't see this question.

I'll be using an original grey 12v and an Aftermarket 6v 12 ah with in line fuses and an intermittent on the steering wheel. 6v in the front, 12 in the original back.

But, here's how I was going to go it. I've done a little DC wiring before, so this should work, but I wanted to check.

I'll keep the original 12v wiring, and splice in the 12v ground to the 6v hot, and the 6v ground to the intermittent switch and back to the 12v ground. This way, when the turbo is pushed, it jumps up to 18v serial, and when released, it's just back to 12v. Everything will be 30 amp fuses, of course.

Will this work? It seems too easy.

Second gear can be a little fast for a four year old giving her two year old brother a ride, so I want to make the 18v turbo temporary...

Thanks, and please advise.
By Bigmac41288b
You are going to need a relay to accomplish this because the small switches that are easy to mount on the steering wheel are not rated for the amperage that the motors pull. Also it sounds like you are about to make a dead short across that 6v battery as soon as you push the switch.
I can't find the wiring diagram for a turbo button at the moment but someone else might chime in to help out.
NEED HELP LOADING PICTURES

I’m new on this site and need help loading picture[…]

Hey everyone I thought I'd have a crack at getting[…]

Hi All, Grandpa just got our 2 year old a Power W[…]

Shooting a TV commercial and need two mod power wh[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course