Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
Hello all! New to this...upgraded to lithium 4s (16v roughly) (yes I know this isnt recommended for typical installs) and the traxxas titan 775 provide massive torque. Problem is ..sometimes the vehicle "quits" working. It did this on stock batteries too. Checked and the foot switch is providing 15v to the shifter...motors are brand new. Do these have a thermal fuse somewhere? I cant find one. Thinking of switching to ALL relays (I already found a 12v throttle switch alternative relay diagram). Just wondering do ALL the switches just get full power to them? I mean..this setup is doomed to fail. Wherever the contact is made to apply power...yikes! I have a pile of 30/40a car relays sitting around...
Ok...found the answer. 5 relays needed in total. 2 relays for a "polarity reverse" "switch". (one physical dash mount switch for reverse, default will be forward) 2 relays for series/parallel switch which is the high/low. (default condition (87a) is low, switch will be for high). Planning on retaining foot pedal for on/off but adding 5th relay to take on that heavy load. Still unsure where the resistor goes in this plan for the brake attenuation.
Keep the updates rollilng!

In that case then I can retire the long wire conne[…]

well the wires got hot at the switches to the moto[…]

Increasing voltage question

The motor's "nominal voltage rating" is […]

Thanks for the update!

HobbyMasters Udemy Course