HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By SoGaGiles
Newbie here, been reading through these forums for a week but can't find what I'd like to do so maybe not possible. I have one of the "high quality" best choice products, 12v SKY 20**? Its the FJ style truck. I'd like to increase voltage to only the motors a s bypass the accessories ie: radio, lights and circuit board that everyone seams to fry on this model. I'm planning to cut vents in the compartment and put fans to each motor. I feel like I should be able to use voltage regulator, diods and fuses to protect everything except motors with the increase. I'm open to any comments or suggestions. Thanks
Last edited by SoGaGiles on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What kinda car is this? (12v or 24v vehicle?) Seem like a step down converter would be used for accessories. If 12v car, better change to 775 motor. These are all my guess since I don't know what kinda car you got.
The car is 12v with high/low speed and controller. I remembered i didn't put that in initial post so i updated it earlier. I'll check on 775 motors but I guess I should figure out exactly what shaft length and pinion size I have? Or is that universal for most current cars? My wiring dilemma is bypassing the small box that battery feeds to then feeds out to motors, shifter, pedal, accs.
Fall Fun..

The boys have cooled a bit on the power wheels, bu[…]

Very cool! How far do the side rails (mounted to[…]

Peg Perego Gator

First time posting, so I hope I'm doing this right[…]

Help. 6 volt not enough.

Ebay has them. HF3FF/012-1ZST, I bought 2. Will […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course