M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By wired
Yes,
You can run them in series but it's not recommended. The lesser AH 6v battery will obviously run down faster and put a strain on the larger 18 AH 12v battery. The only harm it will do is lessen the life of the 12v battery if you allow the 6v to run down completely and continue to use the ride. When you notice the ride start to slow during use I would stop and recharge to prevent harming the batteries.
By Jkaz870
wired wrote:Yes,
You can run them in series but it's not recommended. The lesser AH 6v battery will obviously run down faster and put a strain on the larger 18 AH 12v battery. The only harm it will do is lessen the life of the 12v battery if you allow the 6v to run down completely and continue to use the ride. When you notice the ride start to slow during use I would stop and recharge to prevent harming the batteries.

thank you
By MFusick
I have a few 6 volt batteries from older smaller ride on toys my kids out grow. They now have a Gator and a Polaris RZR 12volts, the Gator has a car battery in the back (12v). I saw this and I am wondering the same thing. I do realize the smaller 6V batteries will die easier and faster. What if I tried to run multiple 6volts in parallel to increase the total capacity ? Could I still run series to the 12V and get 18V that way ? how would I wire it if I had one or two 12V batteries and one or two or three 6 volt batteries? What is my best options ?
By Jkaz870
MFusick wrote:I have a few 6 volt batteries from older smaller ride on toys my kids out grow. They now have a Gator and a Polaris RZR 12volts, the Gator has a car battery in the back (12v). I saw this and I am wondering the same thing. I do realize the smaller 6V batteries will die easier and faster. What if I tried to run multiple 6volts in parallel to increase the total capacity ? Could I still run series to the 12V and get 18V that way ? how would I wire it if I had one or two 12V batteries and one or two or three 6 volt batteries? What is my best options ?

It depends on the AH/MAH just because it is 6v doesnt mean it will die quicker. The stock ones are usually 9.5ah. The concern is that the one wit the lower amp hours dies faster and I'm not sure but I'm assuming would damage the batteries if you continued to run.

If i had it to do again I'd probably start with 18v and do either 3x 6v 12mah or a 12v and 6v 12 mah. If you want to replace your stock motors quicker you can do 24v (my stock motors lasted 1 day at 24v) Ebay has 3 mightmax 6v 12 mah for like $43. I bought 2 12v 18ah expert power bats from amazon for $37 each.

As for the wiring it doesnt matter if you do a 12v and a 6v or 3x 6v. I have my 2 12v's with the positive lead from the closest battery going to the + PW connector. The negative on the PW connector goes to the negative on the battery furthest away. Then connect the Negative on the close battery to the positive on the furthest batter. The 6v x 3 setup I have not done but its the same principal.

So many options for the 775. I want to leave the […]

Battery questions

Just got 2 free power wheels. 1. Jeep has origina[…]

Looks like I got into this whole modded PW thing s[…]

Hi all, New to the forums and I searched for this[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course