HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
By Aversin
I've got a stock Jeep Wrangles and it's only getting ~7v at the motors. I've checked and it's getting 12v to the switches in the gear selector. The switches all have 0 ohm resistance in the appropriate positions... Any thoughts? Think the switches are going bad or what?!?!?

Thanks for the assist!

By Szwaba67
Is this a dual motor with high and low speed settings? If you have it in low speed it puts the motors in series in the circuit so they will split the voltage. I haven’t checked myself, but that could be close to 7v on a full charge. If you do have high/low, check the voltage in high speed to see if you get the full 12v.
By Aversin
Yep, dual motor with high and low speed... And yes, the low speed gets about 3.5 volts. So I guess that answers my overall question... The motors don't seem to be powerful enough any more to push the kiddo around even in high speed, but at least I know the voltage is right. Guess i need to up the voltage and get new motors, kiddo is getting too big I guess.
By wired
Check battery voltage ( at the battery itself) while running motors in high/low speed. See if the battery voltage is dropping off with accelerator pedal switch depressed. The battery may be faulty. It's common to show full voltage but drop off while under load if the battery is starting to go. Full charge on battery should be over 12.5v (12.8 to 13.2 nominal). If voltage drops down to 7v under load I would suspect the battery is either going bad or isn't getting a full charge.
By CJB
Wired has a very valid point. I used a big halogen headlight to load test batteries. One of the old big self contained ones with regular and high beam all in one. With both bulbs on I think it pulled close to 10A. Watch voltage with a meter and it'll be pretty obvious if your battery is at end of life.

When I used to go buy power wheels that the seller said, "new battery" I'd always bring that with me and prove them wrong.
Body fastener/hold down

Hello. I recently found a gaucho rockin. Looking f[…]

Thanks for the reply! I ended up pulling the ye[…]

More torque

A Stage IV motor/gearbox kit has no durability iss[…]

Maybe a pore connection just enough to read voltag[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course