HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
Background Info:
So, I tried to convert my son's RollPlay 12v Silverado to 18v by wiring in series the 12v12ah stock battery and an aftermarket 6v12ah. I'm guessing something immediately fried because it won't move now. I tested both motors and they're fine. After reading many forum posts and not having a multimeter, I went ahead and replaced the circuit board (which came with a new wiring harness for the entire truck). After installing that, still nothing. I tested the pedal by connecting the red and yellow wires, and nothing happened. As such, my guess is that the forward/reverse high/low switch is bad. After taking it apart, it seems this shifter is unlike PW shifters in that it doesn't simply use 2 separate rocker switches (it's all rolled into one complete unit). And conveniently, RollPlay doesn't have any shifters in stocks, and hasn't had any for some time now. So, with an eager 4 year old following up with me daily on this, I need to figure out another way to tackle this on a very limited budget. I would fine with sticking to 12v, but would love to solve the problem in a way that would allow me to run 18v without fear of immediately frying something again.

Questions:
So I'm reaching out to the pros for help on these three questions:

1. Is there any way to bypass or fix this shifter?

2. Are there any shifters made for another ride-on I could use in its place?

3. Is there any way I could take either of the above routes in a way that would allow for 18v?

Many Thanks! Here's a link to the stock wiring diagram (scroll to 2nd to last page): http://assets.rollplay.net/12v-chevrole ... _guide.pdf

Volts/ current regulator

A PWM ( pulse with modulator) will do the trick it[…]

Trailers

Sounds awesome! I just ordered everything to male[…]

Peg Perego axle diameter

The axle rod is 7/16. I just replaced one with a t[…]

Just converted a Peg Perego Gator and tractor to u[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course