KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a question about a specific model or modification, you might find the answer here.
Hi,
I'm working on my 1st mod, new to this forum and I would appreciate some advice if anyone is familiar with installing an ESC 24v 500w controller with the use of a hall effect pedal on the Dodge Charger.
I watched a very informative Youtube video posted by WesleyB82. He sells an awesome kit with everything needed for upgrading to 24v with a hall effect pedal. I unfortunately didn't know that there was a complete kit available and wound up purchasing all the parts needed elsewhere. In the future, it would be convenient to purchase from EastCoastPowerUps.com rather than part by part.
Soooo, now I have the ESC; 0-5v hall effect pedal, two JQX-30F 2Z DC 12V Coils 30A 250V AC Power 8 Pin DPDT relays for the brake & reverse, 10 gauge wire, 1 ohm & 100 ohm resistors, potentiometer, DC-DC step down converter, 30 amp resettable circuit breaker, audible back-up indicator, 2 & 3 pin white plastic wire disconnect/connectors, ignition switch....+ more.

Now, I just need one last thing...information on how to use the parts listed above to upgrade my daughters Kidd Traxx police car to 24v without losing the factory siren/ignition/radio sound board or frying it. After seeing the job that 12vWiz did on the fire engine, it's obvious that he is the master modder of the Kid Traxx vehicles. If 12vWiz or anyone else can steer me in the right direction (okay, spoon feed) , my kids and I would really appreciate your help.

I'm using an additional 12v battery to power the accessories such as the dvd radio and other features. I've added a ton of extra unseen features that I would love to share, I'd like to finish this project before Christmas and post the video if possible.
Here are some of my roadblocks:
1) I installed a 6 (5+1 ground) wire ignition switch with 3 positions (off-acc-on) to the 5 wires from the police cruiser, but the ESC only has 2 wires. How do I connect these 2 wires from the ESC to my 5 wire ignition?

2) BTW, I replaced the thin factory wires that are connected to the motors, I used 10 gauge instead. My question is regarding the brake pedal (it was originally the factory throttle pedal, with luck...hopefully it'll be the brake). The pedal has 5 wires connected to the 3 terminals, I guess that I'll have to remove the 2 thin wires that controls the sound board and connect them directly to the battery as 12vWiz suggested in the schematic above, but will the ignition still sound when the key is turned? If not, I can live without this feature if I must.

3) 2 wires from the ESC will connect to the 2 of the 6 terminals on the shifter, but which 2 terminal ?
I'm sure to have more questions, but that's all for now.
Thank you for this forum and any and all help!
Hi,
Will the schematic posted below help me? I don't think that it will unless I use a step down or resistors because the circuit board probably can't handle 24v, right? I'm using a separate 12v battery (2x 12v to power the car + 1 12v for accessories) to power the accessories. What if I run the circuit board off of the accessory battery, will this work & solve my problem? Will the ignition and other sounds work when the key is turned?

Of course the image below doesn't show the ESC & hall effect pedal in this particular schematic, but if it did, would this be the solution that I'm looking for?

Thanks!
Rob

download/file.php?id=7574&mode=vi
Last edited by RobSkydiver on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't tried it myself but it would seem that could work. I have a similar batmobile I've been meaning to upgrade to 24v buy haven't gotten around to it

This should help. The relay now looks like it's r[…]

I believe I have the same power wheels role play m[…]

HELLO!

Welcome. That's exactly why this site exists. Spen[…]

Increasing voltage question

I have power wheels f250 12 volt, I am an HVAC tec[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course