KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a question about a specific model or modification, you might find the answer here.
By VinDog
EDIT: THIS POST WAS ORIGINALLY ASKING ABOUT DURABILITY ON XMs/ELIMINATORS WITH 21Ts and/or 18V and/or HPI GT 550s. As I have acquired a couple more BPROs and parts, my options are opening up and I would like some feedback on what the experts think I should mod.

See post from Jan 8 for specific inventory and options
Last edited by VinDog on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you worry this much all the time or just when you are working on a repairable, replaceable, only slightly mechanical, childs toy?. :lol:
1-I can tell you two things, if you break it, I have a "like New" one sitting in the garage.
2-If you can come up with a combination that he cant break/dismantle or cause you to have to work on and spend money on, then you are just gonna go right out and find another project to tinker with while he's riding that one. :P
ms1120 wrote:Do you worry this much all the time or just when you are working on a repairable, replaceable, only slightly mechanical, childs toy?. :lol:
1-I can tell you two things, if you break it, I have a "like New" one sitting in the garage.
2-If you can come up with a combination that he cant break/dismantle or cause you to have to work on and spend money on, then you are just gonna go right out and find another project to tinker with while he's riding that one. :P

Since I'm not the kind of guy to learn from my own mistakes, I thought I'd take a stab at learning from the mistakes of others. I was hoping for more responses to my questions by now, but I guess this gives me more time to order up some new reverse switches for the Ducati Monster, some OEM batteries, and misc. over-priced used parts off ebay.

#2 is my goal - keep the XM running long enough to complete another project, then repair/paint the XM.
The camber issue with the tires appearing to lean in at the top is not all bad. We set up R/C cars to do that on purpose so that they turn better.
IMO, 21t's in grass with those tall tires will smoke the motors.
The eliminator/XM does gain some of its structural integrity from the roll bars.
Autozone has some LED lights that are pretty cool in different shapes and colors but Im still looking for a set of LED fog lights. YOu may wanna look at the MR16 lights in LED that Im putting in the Rhino if I dont sell the one I just built. Ive seen them on ebay but I havent found them over the counter yet.
By VinDog
I will be hopefully finishing up my first BPRO paint job soon and moving onto another BRPO project, but I don't really have direction and focus right now, nor much disposable $. Looking for guidance on what I can do with what I have.

I have plenty of 12 AWG wire, angle grinder, wire feed welder, drill press, recip, etc, but no bench vise.
I also haven't gotten too deep into the wiring on these, so I don't forsee hall effect throttles, ESC controllers, and relays on my upcoming build, but I would consider pulling my harley harness to easily wire 18v NOS. I am certainly willing to pull GB from anything on the list to swap with anything else, and perhaps exchange or purchase different pinions for the HPIs.

HERE IS MY INVENTORY OF PW BPROs and PARTS
Arctic Cat - 17T
Dale Jr 12/18v - 19T
XM 12/18v - 21T
Classic Chrome Harley (2x) - 21T

Spare Tires
13" diameter, 5" wide pneumatic tires (4x)
PP Polaris 700 tires (set)
15" diameter, 5" wide in front, 8" wide in rear, or something like that...

Spare GBs
16T GB (2x)
19T GB (2X)
21T GB (2x)

Motors
HPI GT 550 (4x)
HPI Pinion 21T (2x)
HPI Pinion 17T (2x)
Heat Sinks with fans (2x)

My son rides almost exclusively in very short grass, mostly level, with a hill to get back from the track to the house. A bit more incline in the backyard, but he seldom rides there. He's almost 3, a little over 30#, and can steer a BPRO at 24V with the best of them.

Original plan was to put HPIs in XM with 21T, but with risk of burning up motors, I think I want to dial down to 17T with HPIs and 18V.
Considering Arctic Cat 4wd with 19T and pneumatic tires.

At this point, I'm planning to swap the Dale Jr 19T GB with the XM 21T GB and throw the HPIs in Dale Jr.

On Arctic Cat with monster traction, would bumping from 17T to 19T cause it to spin the tires too much and lose traction? I assume I can get that traction back with 4wd, but do I need 4wd with monster traction tires? Do I even need the pneumatic tires? I assume 4wd with 19Ts and pneumatic tires would be to much for HPIs, but would consider the whole package. Would 21T and 4wd just be crazy?

Do I just need to buy some 700 motors for the 21T XM for the torque to turn 14" tires?

The bodies are in very good shape on everything, except for Dale Jr, so no paint is planned at this point. Perhaps later, after I finish painting the gaucho.

Any suggestionswelcome!
Aftershock motor

Looking for an aftershock motor. Doesn't have to […]

Hey guys, to start off, first-time poster and modd[…]

3a motors and gearbox

I'm looking to turn a lil jeep into 2wd and need a[…]

Can't access FAQ's

He's NOT alone! Surfing through, I've had a horrib[…]

HobbyMasters