KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a question about a specific model or modification, you might find the answer here.
By mrhffco1
A friend of mine recently gave my 2.5old son a 6v Hot Wheels Jeep with a solid rear axle. The traction in grass was horrible, spun on level ground constantly. I bought a mountain bike tire and cut to wrap around both rear tire for added traction. Problem solved, yes and no. The battery that was in it did not have enough power to climb the slight incline in the back yard, 12v battery purchased and installed. He was lifting the front wheels off the ground, climbing hills and having fun. When the battery got to weak to climb hills he stayed in the gas and fried the motor. I am working a 24hr shift today and do not have access to the PW. I plan on going to hobby town and getting a new motor, I see HPI 550 is a good popular one. If they don't have that in stock, what is the next best? Which spur gear should I get?
More interested in a torque motor so that it will climb the slight incline. I will have to add tires to the front wheels as well to minimize the plowing from the 12v power and solid axle. Please help with any ideas, comments, or suggestions!
By h-bomb
You'd be wise to add a second motor and gearbox to the other side and make it two-wheel-drive. Otherwise, you'll just be frying 550 after 550.

Do a search -- the 2WD conversion has been covered several times. And on 12v they're a blast!

darn photobucket!! Anyone have a link to the GT[…]

Basically, I have a 12v Power wheel, stock, F-150 […]

I'll try switching out the motor with the first on[…]

Sent you a PM. Across the country but in search[…]

HobbyMasters