KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Reviews of powerwheels for Girls! I originally started this site for my daughter and want to make sure we have an area that is dedicated to power wheels for girls. Power wheels modifications for girls or just reviews are all welcome. Dad can post reviews, but it has to be about/for a girly subject.
By flipper
scored this for Free on the C/L "free" section.

got it home. Seems the PO didn't provide the battery that "didn't work" or the charger. No matter, I picked up a 6V Eveready from the store today. It isn't ideal for driving it around and idk if really is enough enough power for a minute of run time, but it was $6 and will be enough to tell me the wiring is messed up. I picked up the connector and it is the same 2 Pin connector as a trailer hitch power/ground which I had spares of in my tool box. Will give me proper ends to touch to the battery to test if everything works well enough.

used a Trailer hitch 2Pin connector to the factory harness that I had cut in half to provide bare ends. Applied the 6V power and pressed the go button, the little engine ran right away. Seems the engine is good, Power needs to be addressed so will be modifying for 12V (have lots of automotive lighting in 12V so it makes life easier to go that route).

So now on to the fun stuff, Paint is going to start this weekend once I strip all the old worn stickers off and clean it up. I have some ideas, but I do not want to keep the cars theme at all. Has anyone done any cutting to the body, I'm curious what is behind the the "wind shield face" and if it is hollow or solid plastic.

Have some time to tinker with it, my daughter turned 15months on Monday and I don't feel she is quiet ready to ride this. She is currently enjoying her Calsonic R34 skyline ride on car which is non power and her R34 GTR skyline pedal car which has working lights and a few noise makers, but she isn't really big enough to use either of those as intended either as her legs are still growing into both of those.

Any advise on what 12V battery to purchase for this? I checked out that gruber site and that seems like a great choice, but was wondering how people charged the battery then? I don't see a charger port on this car, but I could potentially use my test leads and automotive battery charger if need be to get it charged up or add a port in the rear to charge the battery.

Anyways, I'm getting way too into this. I really need to slow myself before it becomes another blown out build like all of my auto projects are.

keep trying to convince myself that this car is too rare and neat to modify too much. Much like the full size one in the garage, replacement parts are not always easy to source. I did however want to get her some harnesses to hold her into the seat, as nothing of the sort comes with it from factory (guess Japanese kids sit still better? this supposed to be a stroller too). Made contact with Precision stitching who has used Bride fabric in the past for my wife's purse and the lady was super excited to be able to help out. She did an amazing job and after a few measurements and her helping me work out some kinks in the design, it came out awesome.

I had contacted Recaro (who I have a Car seat and stroller from mind you) and asked if they would just sell me the harness pieces so I could fit them to the pedal car. After nearly 2 weeks of them saying "I will get back to you", they said they couldn't sell me the parts because I wasn't using them on a recaro product.... I guess they assumed that there was a liability should there be a roll over crash in the pedal car or something? Idk, just very odd. I told them it didn't matter, that I had already had it working when they finally got around to making up their mind.
By flipper
started the strip down. Took the front axle off real easy. had a devil of time with the rear end however.

Turned out it had these weird button cap type retainers to hold the wheels on.

Got to back off some, but it wouldn't pop for nothing.

Even with a BFH, it was was flexing the wheel more than the nut popping off.

finally got tired and cut it with tin snips and it popped right off.

stickers are now all stripped, the body is soaking with some goo gone right now to get some of the sticker residue off. Next up is some filler for the numbers and to remove the silly eye indention off the windshield.
By flipper
The one thing I wanted to get away from in the beginning was the Car's theme. I have stripped all the stickers off and when I did, there were some spots with the plastic had been modeled to add these stickers. I decided i would give a product I have used in the past (hard Putty) a try at filling these indentions (and the silly eye wink in the windshield). I will go back after it has dried (probably a week from now with the rain we are expecting), and smooth everything out. I applied a load of it to ensure that I had plenty to fill the voids. Bondo or FG is next if this doesn't work well. If it does, paint is next!

By MR_Pat
flipper wrote:Image

I had contacted Recaro (who I have a Car seat and stroller from mind you) and asked if they would just sell me the harness pieces so I could fit them to the pedal car. After nearly 2 weeks of them saying "I will get back to you", they said they couldn't sell me the parts because I wasn't using them on a recaro product.... I guess they assumed that there was a liability should there be a roll over crash in the pedal car or something? Idk, just very odd. I told them it didn't matter, that I had already had it working when they finally got around to making up their mind.

I had a similair issuewhen i went to a local bicycle shop. I wanted to buy a set of more off roadish training wheels to put on the pocket bike i bought for my 6 year old ( LOL yeah i shoulda waited to get this for him) and they said they couldn't sell them t me because i wasn't going to use them for their intended purpose (bicycle) and they would be liable.

Taz, Sounds fair. Should I PM you? thanks for t[…]

Hey everyone thought I would try here first as soo[…]

775 motors

Doing a 24 colt conversion on a hurricane. New mot[…]

https://youtu.be/rDh8pwX7keQ

HobbyMasters