KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Reviews of powerwheels for Girls! I originally started this site for my daughter and want to make sure we have an area that is dedicated to power wheels for girls. Power wheels modifications for girls or just reviews are all welcome. Dad can post reviews, but it has to be about/for a girly subject.
By RedDog
I got a jeep limited I have been modding for xmas. http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5730

Where I am i have limited room, and it seems sitting on carpet not rolling that this might be hard to drive. She has a little f150 and can turn that wheel.

So I was wondering how your daughters do/did when they were young?

Mine will be 3 in MAy so a little over 2 1/2 at xmas time.
By drew510
RedDog wrote:I got a jeep limited I have been modding for xmas. http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5730

Where I am i have limited room, and it seems sitting on carpet not rolling that this might be hard to drive. She has a little f150 and can turn that wheel.

So I was wondering how your daughters do/did when they were young?

Mine will be 3 in MAy so a little over 2 1/2 at xmas time.

Does she actually drive the F150 or just sit in it and play with the steering wheel?
By RedDog
yea, shes not great, the thing is to weak to go up hill, so its been hard to teach her left right,

but she can physically turn the wheel.

And she knows push the gas means go.
By drew510
dasilva100 wrote:You should start with quads... I have noticed they are easier for the kids to steer...

That is kind of where I was going. Both of my kids did much better starting with quads than they did with steering wheels. For whatever reason, they get it sooner on the quads and it helps them progress to something with steering wheels.

BUT, to answer your question about the steering on the limited, in my experience with "lifted" Jeeps, the steering can be a little heavy compared to other ride ons. If she is having a hard time with a 6V F150, she is really going to have a hard time with a lifted 12V Jeep, IMHO.
By ms1120
Agreed. If you can make the steering easier for her, she can drive anything. My daugher was driving a Firerock on 18v at 2 years old. BUT, she started with a Quad to learn how to avoid trees.
By RedDog
well i have access to lawn mower salvage yard. And i can build, so i can do a rack and pinion mod. But that would mean when i get home i go right to work with another mod so it can be done by xmas.

thanks everyone
By wkearney99
drew510 wrote:BUT, to answer your question about the steering on the limited, in my experience with "lifted" Jeeps, the steering can be a little heavy compared to other ride ons.

I agree. The larger, flatter cylinder on the newer wheels makes for harder turning than the old, more rounded kind. My boy's Xtreme Machine and metal frame Jeep are a lot easier to turn when sitting still or at low speeds.
By wired
My daughter enjoys riding her quad or driving one of the nascar cars (single seater with small narrow tires) the most. The steering is much easier and she tends to not get frustrated. We have alot of trees and she does great. The two seater jeeps and grave digger are much larger and harder to steer so she doesn't have as much fun. Too much like work equals no fun. I have to agree with her. :lol:
By madmaxdecals
This is not meant as offense to girl drivers, but my little girl was 3 when we got her a barbie mustang...she didn't learn to actually steer it for about 1 year....and wasn't good at it till she was 5. My little boy got in her car when he was 2 and could steer it like a freakin' pro. I'm not saying it is a boy vs. girl thing...I think it is just each child learns to steer that wheel at a different rate. But quad's are wayyyy easier for them to learn
By SolidRunner
Two and a half year old little girl and just got her a barbie jeep for Christmas, it's been tough so far figuring out the steering but if she holds onto the steering wheel and I give the tire a little nudge to get it to turn while she's driving she starts to turn a little better. One month in now though and she's already got the shifting part down better than the neighbor boy who's 3 1/2, can't wait for her to figure it all out so I can buy her another to mod up.
By Whitepup
I got a 3 year old daughter, and for some reason, she is a pro at driving. She can keep up with her bigger brothers no problem. She loves her super 6 barbie quads @ 12V, but it is so much fun watching her drive the 18V Peg tractor. :D

I got a vid of her driving on her quad. Can you upload vids on here?
By madmaxdecals
Whitepup wrote:Here is a vid of the girl driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=HL1329088721&v=TGhDabbsw3Y&feature=player_detailpage

Awesome...I'm diggin the multi-color mohawk...your little girl did really well....mine just now is getting the hang of steering wheels.
By Whitepup
Yeah, it was "crazy hair day" @ school. :lol:
By taz11
Got grass??? LOL I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is my little girl in the pink #11 Bratz car ( 21t, 700 motors, 14" tires, 24 volts) and my coworker's daughter on the white quad ( 24v esc, 700 motors, MF 12T gearboxes and 15" tires) ...... Fighting it out for a close finish in last years meet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfohktFEkSw&feature=player_embedded
By madmaxdecals
taz11 wrote:Got grass??? LOL I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is my little girl in the pink #11 Bratz car ( 21t, 700 motors, 14" tires, 24 volts) and my coworker's daughter on the white quad ( 24v esc, 700 motors, MF 12T gearboxes and 15" tires) ...... Fighting it out for a close finish in last years meet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfohktFEkSw&feature=player_embedded

Nice video...your daughter should have had that race man....she came all the way from the back and almost pulled it off...
By Whitepup
taz11 wrote:Got grass??? LOL I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hellz no! I have my own dirt track, Turn 1-around the trampoline, Turn 2-past the swingset, Turn 3-around the treehouse, and sliding into turn 4 on the basketball court. :lol:

I don't need to goto Lakeside Speedway on Friday nights anymore, just step outside my door!
By montyleew
My daughter was unable to steer her new Barbie Jammn' Jeep. She's 2 1/2 years old and average size. Only the 6 year old boy next door was able to turn the wheel, especially on grass.

I found a solution that may help. What I did was to tip tie and tape a bar across the front of the steering wheel, sort of like handle bars. That has been working great. The 3 year old girl down the block who couldn't steer perviously is a pro, and my daughter is catching on fast. They can all steer, even on the grass.

It's not the prettiest option, but it works great. She's learning, like she had a quad and I'm sure I'll be able to take the bar off later this summer and she'll be fine. Now that she knows what to do, my daughter can turh the wheel on pavement, without the bar, so it's not totally about strength.

Now if I could only get them to pay attention to where they were going and not to the little radio.
By AUSSIE DARREN
My Daughter is getting better at steering she found Gaucho's the hardest to steer with rack & pinion steering,
she's turning 4 in September & has been driving 12v's since she was 2 , but she was never as good as here brother at the same age :roll: she just day dreams too much when driving .

So today when I asked her if she wants to go out for a ride she asked if she could ride her Brothers
blue Gaucho [ 24v Hi torque] while he's at school .
I said yes this was her first time driving this jeep :!: I wasn't sure how she would go having to drive a jeep with out auto Braking & we went for more than a mile on the local park bike path, she used the mechanical drum brake perfict .

however :( :cry: we get back home & she fogot to use the brake & rolled right in to the metal bull bar of my ute
[pick up] it was only slow hit so didn't scare her but ripped of the side fog light which has been repaired before so was weak.

Now I have to explain to my Son How his Favorite jeep has a bit of damage
Attachments
P21-05-12_11.45.JPG
lucky I'm pretty sure I have a spare light
By madmaxdecals
At least it was just a little accident....I'm sure brother will get over it.....eventually :lol: :lol:
By trek920
my daughter is about 2.4 months. she can steer the two quads with push button throttles easily. the 6v hello kitty coupe (mini cooper unlicenced countryman) and the 12v mustang GT, kinda okay
By aVWguy
not sure if the girls can drive yet and theyre mother keeps telling me " NO!!! :evil: they arent driveing those things" (not giving up though)
my son lol he took right to it from the beginning
he was out on a little 24V gokart i built cruiseing the parkinglot before he could walk or really even talk ( 1yo wobbly drewly diaper stage)
i am looking forward to summer when mini me gets the girls out cruiseing in his rides while i build them a few

gotta say .. over protective mothers can be a bit of a pain at times :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By gratefuldad
That's Funny, I was wondering if it was a Girl thing too? I have Boy/Girl twins, they began driving the same day. My little Girl drove in circles for 2 or 3 months, had a blast until she stopped on a tree or fence :) My Boy was literally navigating through obstacles with inches to spare on day 2. Then one day my daughter "Got It" and she is now almost as good as my son. I have to say, my Boy knows better than to play chicken with her cause she'll T-Bone you in a heart beat. He's gotten terribly good at Defensive Driving!
I know who's getting the "hand me down" and who's getting the "new" car :)
Go figure?
By gratefuldad
That's What it's all about, The Smiles!
By daveweber34
Hey Whitepup,

No need for you to own a lawnmower, eh? Just send the kids out.... :lol:

+1 on riding quads first. My girls picked up on those far sooner than anything with a steering wheel. They can just apply so much more force since the handle bars are wider than a steering wheel.
Last edited by daveweber34 on Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By blueiedgod
My 3.5 year old daughter has been riding her little dora the explorer quad for a little over a year, not a single problem, other than her thumb "getting tired from holding the button". She steers and rides it like a champ.

We just got her a Barbie Jammin' Jeep Wrangler, and somehow the idea that a steering wheel can be used to change vehicle direction is lost.

I am not sure if it from her being familiar wit the handlebars on the quad, just like on her bike, but steering wheel being round? But, she basically rides it in circles. Maybe it is just a matter of time for her to learn that round steering wheel has the same effect on the vehicle's direction as the horizontal handlebars.
By airplanedan
My daughter is a bit older than all of yours... she turned 5 two weeks ago. Her grandfather got her this Camaro for her birthday, she drove it 4-5 times, and Sunday morning I upped it to 18v. This video was that afternoon:

Daddy's proud to say she can steer :D

Awesome, thank you for your help. I just ordered […]

Looks like it just makes it harder to mod. :lol:[…]

New here, need help

Page 4 of the electrical section has a post titled[…]

Rocks in Wheels

I think 6772owner has, is there a way to get his a[…]

HobbyMasters