KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Reviews of powerwheels for Girls! I originally started this site for my daughter and want to make sure we have an area that is dedicated to power wheels for girls. Power wheels modifications for girls or just reviews are all welcome. Dad can post reviews, but it has to be about/for a girly subject.
By MissGracieRocks
I haven't modded this truck much, yet. I did rewire the throttle to a momentary switch on the steering wheel using 12Vwiz's diagram because Miss Gracie's legs are parylized. We had a custom decal set made to make the truck more girly. I just ordered a programmable buzzer to make a custom horn. There are plans to mod in a rack and pinion to make less work of steering, hopefully we'll get going on it this weekend since there's rain in the forecast for the next week. I'm a stay at home Mom who is an aspiring modder. I no longer have the time to work on vehicles, I think PW are the perfect hobby to fill that void:) Those are NOT handicap symbols on her back windows, they are the logo for wheelchair motocross athlete Aaron Fotheringham who also has Spina Bifida like my Gracie.

By Whitepup
Awesome truck! WTG to make it work for your girl! :D
By wired
Nice job mom. Little miss Gracie looks like she's having a blast. You picked a good hobby for both of you to enjoy.
By MissGracieRocks
Thanks for all of the positive feedback everyone! Miss Gracie loves her truck. I just wish that she'd spend less time playing with the radio and more time driving, though she is making her way around the yard pretty good now. I think the truck will be a lot more user friendly for her after I get the Gaucho front end modded in. I can't wait to add lights and more power when she's ready. I'm super proud of my little girl; 2 1/2 years old, 12 brain surgeries, smart as a whip and tough as nails :D
By joetown_native
Awesome job on the truck. And the driver is such a cutie, and looks like shes having a blast. Keep at it and keep us updated as u mod it further.
By MissGracieRocks
Thanks, guys!
Hotwheel, we had a hard time finding a MT F150 up here, too. Used BPRO's are hard to come by around here, when we do find them they are toast so we decided to go big and go new. I saw the new blue F150 Raptors hitting the shelves and couldn't find any of these trucks at stores anywhere. I got nervous and started calling Walmarts around the state. Yup, we paid full retail price :cry: With the custom decals, added wiring and goodies, and the new front end parts to mod in we figured it out that for her 2nd birthday our daughter's first vehicle cost just as much as my first vehicle and my husbands first vehicle combined. :o
Good luck in your search for a F150
By Smithrelo
Gracie's truck is AWESOME! I've just gotten a used F150 and want to get it running good as new in 30 days when grandkids come! Mom, you've done some GREAT work there! Can you tell me how best to get into the innards of the truck? From the Top or from the Bottom? I've got to see what's going on with the gears, so need some advice. Wondered how you did the electrical button for the accellerator?

Linda
By MissGracieRocks
Thanks! The best way to get to the wiring and gear boxes is to first remove the 4 screws that hold the seat down (2 screws in front of the seats -one tab each side, and 2 more screws behind the seats on each side where the seat meets the bed). The seat should come right out with those 4 screws removed. The easiest way to get the bed off the truck is to first remove the rear tires,(gently release the tabs on the hub caps to remove, then pull the pins and slide the wheels off of the axle) then flip the truck over to get at the 4 screws that hold the bed on. The cover that goes over the shifter just snaps into place, it will come off with gentle prying AFTER the seat is removed.

Here's a link to the owners manual for one of these trucks, the bottom of page 12 will show you where the bed screws are and it will give you a better idea of the break down of the truck.
http://www.fisher-price.com/inst_sheets ... r-0720.pdf

I used a diagram made by a member on this forum for the conversion to the throttle button on the steering wheel.
Here's a link to 12vwiz's diagram:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=504

Good luck!

Did you fix u problem I just start to have the sam[…]

Jeep hurricane tires are taller and run a little […]

Tons of parts

Tons of new parts. Came off pallet return, shoot m[…]

I'm having problems with my ride on car. I have t[…]

HobbyMasters