KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By mtran1978
I purchased a Lil Dune Racer http://www.toysrus.com/buy/ride-ons/power-wheels-lil-dune-racer-green-y5014-17020636 about 4 weeks ago I upgraded the battery to 12 volt. My son has been riding it on mostly concrete and grass. Now the wheels are worn and the back tire is splitting down the middle. What are my options? Should I buy new tires will they wear out just as fast? Can I fix the current ones? Thanks in Advanced.
Last edited by mtran1978 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MattyGNC
Once they split they're done. Check ebay for new or gently used ones. Hobbymasters, Tiger imports, kids wheels ereplacementparts are some sites that might have new ones as well. Also you could post in the wanted section and see if any members here have a set for sale 8-)
Last edited by MattyGNC on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mtran1978
Not the news I was looking for but thanks. If I get some new tires is there a way to prevent this or make them last longer?

Thanks
Last edited by mtran1978 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MattyGNC
They will still wear down. I go through a bunch myself, one of the downfalls of modifying a power wheels. You could do a ESC setup that would ease takeoff and keep it from sliding around when you let off the gas making them last a little longer than normal.
Last edited by MattyGNC on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
You may be able to swap to some tires that have a less aggressive tread. I'm not familiar with the lil dune racer. What are the dimensions of the wheel and axle and what does the wheel driver look like? I may have tons of tires for you super cheap if the size is right.
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
How long is the axle between the gearbox and the wheel nut? (or how wide is the wheel/ driver assembly) Is it 7/16 diameter?
By taz11
#17.

I Have a ton of Lil jeep wheels. I'm hoping they will fit. They would look different but at $1 each plus shipping you can burn through them all day long. The older style tires tend to be a little thicker. If they fit and you are interested I could send you a whole box.
By taz11
My biggest concern is the back spacing. Not sure if they would rub. Going by your pics it looks like you have plenty of room. These use different drivers but they will match the gearbox the same way. I'll get you some pics.

The tires are about 10-1/2 inches tall with the factory traction strip and 10 1/4 without it.
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
I should have what you need. There are 2 styles. a short and a long. The long will assure that you have enough clearance but the axle may not be long enough. You need to measure your existing set up to be sure. Measure the axle from the gear box driver (base of the slots) to the end of the axle. That will tell us if they will fit or not.
By taz11
The centers are just stickers (most are peeling) Some yellow, some grey, some have been painted silver.

IMG_20140828_063436_754.jpg

Many wheels, some with traction band and some without.

IMG_20140828_063419_252.jpg
By taz11
With the short driver they are 3-5/8 and with the long driver they are 4-3/4. If you want the wider ones you can replace the axle with some 7/16 rod from a hardware store.....or I can send you an axle out of a 2 seat jeep. You'll have to cut it down. Shipping to Texas is scary :shock: Let me know how many you would be interested in and I'll see what I can do. Let me know if you prefer traction bands or without.
By taz11
I think you can use the short driver, I'm just not 100% positive. I'll get you a quote on 6 tires. Traction bands or not? Zip code?
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
6 tires with traction bands (you can remove them if it suits you better) and good wheel stickers. $6
2 wheel drivers and 2 wheel bushings $3
Shipping standard post. $24.

Total $33
By rickmess13
I have the same issue, my rear tire split on my lil dune racer. I am looking to get some spares but am having no luck finding any online. Can anyone help or provide alternative options that would work?
Circuit breaker popping

You can test the motors by applying 12v straight f[…]

Adjustable Brake Reduction Mod

Thank you so much for this idea! I was just going […]

Yes, You can run them in series but it's not[…]

I read the FAQ - The Definitive "Gearbox"[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course