KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
Hello everyone.

I just joined today because my wife was able to get a 2001 jeep for free.

It has seen better days, but overall it looks like its still in pretty good shape. I attached some pictures of the wheels, and potential issues that i need to address. It does have the hood, seats and new 12v battery (1 year old).

My first repair has to be the wheels as you can see they are pretty worn out and cracked. I know that FP no longer produces these wheels, and I have looked all over this board to see if I can find a legit replacement.

What is the chance that these jeeps are like the adult version, as in you can get parts from just about any year and it will work?

I have seen a few posts where people have been able to put on other wheels but have lifted the jeep and such, but those are a few years old themselves.

Can someone shed some light or push me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Joedy

By taz11
You can use pretty much any wheel that will physically fit. The axle length is the biggest issue but that jeep has longer axles so you should have no problem. The back spacing will effect the overall appearance. I have had good luck with the newer jeep wheels (jammin' jeep for instance) and also the wheels off the old metal frame quads. Another member here used a set off a Hot Wheels KFX and they worked well. It is best to find some used ones since buying new will require purchasing wheels and hubcaps that can add up fast. A used purchase will (in most cases)include all that stuff.
Puckslinger,

Did you ever find a solution for your Jeep? If so, I would love to hear what you did. I have the exact same Jeep and the exact same tire issue. We even got our Jeep free from a friend too;) I ordered wheels online thinking they would work but they didn’t fit. Part number was B7659-2459 Fisher Price. Would love to hear if you were successful!

Thanks,
Mike
By fastal
I rebodied a Barbie Jeep with a bugeye sprite body using the wheels you show in the picture. They work fine and there are threads on this site used to do the conversion.
Attachments
luca sprite.JPG
Add description

If your sole purpose for the charger is charging s[…]

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

Hey guys, I just scored myself a crazy cart, curr[…]

Parting Barbie Mustang

Do you have the brake light panel still for this? […]

So my wife has a 2010 Mustang GT and we decided to[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course