KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By iazybandit
So I just acquired a Big Jake Dump Truck from my coworker (for free). Everything is in mint condition and working order. However, I am upgrading it from the 6v to 12v. Wheels look a little worn but I'm sure once I hook up a 12v 7ah battery, the wheel will wear out even more especially on concrete. I looked at Hobbymasters, Tigerimports and the wheel is no longer available.

Does anyone have wheels or know of any alternative wheels that would fit?
By Roadmonkeytj
pics or it didn't happen!

No seriously pics of the ride pics of the back side of the wheel where the driver goes in ... If you have the wheels off pics of the driver. Measurements of the wheel would also be useful.
By iazybandit
Roadmonkeytj wrote:pics or it didn't happen!

No seriously pics of the ride pics of the back side of the wheel where the driver goes in ... If you have the wheels off pics of the driver. Measurements of the wheel would also be useful.

I'll take pics of it when I get home. I didn't take the wheels off yet since they are still in good condition and I'm sure once I remove the wheels, the cap nuts would need to be replaced and I don't have any of those laying around.
By taz11
I think I have a few in the shed. Those tires are pretty thick and last quite a while after they become bald. Nothing like the thin garbage they make these days.
By iazybandit
taz11 wrote:I think I have a few in the shed. Those tires are pretty thick and last quite a while after they become bald. Nothing like the thin garbage they make these days.

Yea, I just picked up a Y5014 lil dune racer and one of the back tires split. So I was afraid that the same would happen to the Big Jake. Considering that its discontinued since 1998 and neither parts shops carry them and I'm upgrading it from the 6v to 12v, I thought I would see if there was any available or similar replacements.

If they are thick like you said, I guess it will take a while for it to crack? I'll take a picture of the tires when I get home. I just don't want it splitting on me and I'm stuck with a useless toy.
By taz11
Drill a 1/8 hole in the center of the tread....it will give you an idea how much is left.
By iazybandit
Roadmonkeytj wrote:You could always adapt them to rubber tires ... There's several different ones on here to get ideas

Yea, I thought about adding BMX tires, Harbor Freight mod or traction bands but I heard it can cause it to mess up the gears.
By iazybandit
taz11 wrote:Drill a 1/8 hole in the center of the tread....it will give you an idea how much is left.

Thanks. I'll drill a small hole and see.

If you have wheels for the Lil Dune Racer (Y5014), let me know.

If your sole purpose for the charger is charging s[…]

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

Hey guys, I just scored myself a crazy cart, curr[…]

Parting Barbie Mustang

Do you have the brake light panel still for this? […]

So my wife has a 2010 Mustang GT and we decided to[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course