KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By Hoekapika
Hello everyone im new to this site you guys do awesome work here ! just bought my 2 year old a tmnt jeep feels like its for me always wanted one when i was a child never got one. I have the opertunity to buy the pw escalade for $50 i only want it for the wheels, my question is : is this just a tire swap or do i have to lift the jeep , use the escalade axle, if the gear boxes are good on the escalde do i swap them also. Thanks in advance for any advice my sons birthday is on the 14th of june i want it ready by then
By Suburbancharlie77
The gearboxes and motors are most likely the same, and IF there's a difference, it most likely isn't much, for example a 15 and a 16. If that's the case, the motors will directly swap with each other. I don't know what jeep that is, or tire size, or how sloppy the front end of the jeep is, but a new tight front end would probably allow the wheel swap? I took a little jeep with no lift and sloppy front end, and gave it 14" beach patrol (aggressive tread) and only had to trim about 1" from the bottom of the bumper inner ends. On my particular model (squarish) bumper, it's goes unnoticed and even over bumps in a fast turn, the slop doesn't allow any tire rub. I'd suggest you to get the escalade, as you need the tires and it's value in Parts exceeds the cost to get it. It will allow you to experiment with the plastic, have a back up schematic and appropriate wire harness. Every part is a direct replacement, so any failure can be instantly repaired. Even if you break down the escalade to a milk crate and toss the rest, I say it's worth it! Plus then I get to ask how many screws hold the headlight in, cuz I need a 1 screw headlight assembly! Haha, no, but really, the rear axle would be the same. Seriously, I believe that all the parts are the same, except maybe the front steering components. You can swap steering wheels to further customize the jeep, have spare seat belts, practice painting, maybe get a battery gauge out of it, and some chinsy speakers.
By Suburbancharlie77
Right, I got that, just not sure if it's got the 4" lift like the Barbie beach ones I've got.
Beach=14"
Hot wheels=11" wheels.
And then the single seater I got has 9"
But now that you mention it, I may have used the axle original to the taller tires? And often times you need to use the hubcaps that came with the wheels, due to the need of a bearing/shim/spacer required for the wheels. Some also have an inner bearing. And don't worry about the pushnuts, just hack one off, pull the axle out the other side, and get set screw retainers. WAY EASIER! The fronts are obviously a little different, a pushnut for each, but should be no problemo
By Suburbancharlie77
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1721937808 ... noapp=true

Wow that's a huge link? But that's a tmnt jeep on eBay, and that one has the same bumper I had to slightly trim. Kept the same angles, cut the outer bottom corner, and shortened the depth of the bottom. I used a razor blade, took about 20 minutes for both sides, but maintained clean lines. Hacksaws leave all the "fuzz" and I haven't pulled out a dremel yet. Not even for some dash switch holes. The razor blade takes a while, but is super clean. At most I drilled a hole first, and take my time with repeatedly going over lightly, then a full pressure cut with minimal saw motion to aid movement. It's been the best I've come up with. Good luck and be careful!
Also, if you cut a piece of 1" lumber to fit inside the square on the floor under the seat, between the motors, 2 12V12ah batteries fit well, allowing the original battery compartment to serve as an accessory battery, and the original harness is just long enough to flip to the rear of the gas pedal,into the seat area, provided you have a power wheels battery end to wire up the under seat batteries with the fuse. The heavy duty plastic velcro and or what I know as plumbers tape (perforated strap) work well to secure the battery (ies). I went ahead and marked holes for one or two batteries, and ran some nuts/bolts to hold it to the body. Has worked well for my curb hopper.
By iazybandit
Hoekapika wrote:Hello everyone im new to this site you guys do awesome work here ! just bought my 2 year old a tmnt jeep feels like its for me always wanted one when i was a child never got one. I have the opertunity to buy the pw escalade for $50 i only want it for the wheels, my question is : is this just a tire swap or do i have to lift the jeep , use the escalade axle, if the gear boxes are good on the escalde do i swap them also. Thanks in advance for any advice my sons birthday is on the 14th of june i want it ready by then

You happen to be from NY? If so, we may be looking at the same CL ad because I'm interested in them for daughter and friend. If you're interested in it for the wheels only, I'm sure someone will have in the FOR SALE section or contact taz11

Hi All, Grandpa just got our 2 year old a Power W[…]

Shooting a TV commercial and need two mod power wh[…]

Jeep Hurricane Radio

I looked in the battery compartment and didn't see[…]

This is my gooseneck trailer I made for my son. He[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course