KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By Roadmonkeytj
So for threw a 18v drill battery in the red Silverado just for the hell of it to see what the oldest would do.  Checked the voltage before the ride .... 20.1vdc ... Installed the high speed lock out screw.
Rigged up the wires rather crudely fashioned with no connector and a rubber insulator to hold it in place against the terminal (red one has no pw connector).
The boy loved the speed ... I was doing a fast walk beside him.  He's still not really steering and laughs when he hits immovable objects such as the gate or trees since now it sends dirt flying doing a burnout.  But I noticed something .... It has negative camber in the rear and front and has a slight pull to the right from a toe issue.  So has anyone had to fix rear sag before? Do I just install a spreader bar in between the gearbox mounts to push the body out then install the boxes back over it?   I know how to go about the front but haven't really seen anybody deal with the rear.
By toycrusher
Axle is likely bent. You could replace it, try to straighten it, or turn it 180 degrees so it has positive camber then drill it and pin it so it doesn't rotate. Replacement is the only longer lasting solution though
By Roadmonkeytj
toycrusher wrote:Axle is likely bent. You could replace it, try to straighten it, or turn it 180 degrees so it has positive camber then drill it and pin it so it doesn't rotate. Replacement is the only longer lasting solution though

Since a N.O.S. axle is pretty well out of the question is there a certain bar stock that preforms better than others?
By toycrusher
That's an excellent question... any metallurgists on the forums?
By taz11
On that model it also helps to install a wheel bushing in the back side of the wheel , inside the wheel driver. The wheel drivers fit loose and allow for extra slop.
By Roadmonkeytj
taz11 wrote:On that model it also helps to install a wheel bushing in the back side of the wheel , inside the wheel driver. The wheel drivers fit loose and allow for extra slop.

I'm assuming a sealed ball bearing unit jb'd in place? I know someone did that on here. Or are you referring to the glorified washer I've seen in a couple?
HELLO!

THANK YOU FOR THE ADD! LOOKING TO BE ABLE TO ASK A[…]

Unibody Jeep Front End Sag

I did this on my Hurricane. I used a fairly long M[…]

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course