KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By Ajosephngs
I've lurked on this site for a while. It helped me upgrade my sons lil quad from 6v to 12v 7amp which stripped the gear box out in about 4 days. So thanks to all. :-)

With his quad needing repair we used this opportunity to buy a new (gasp) peg perego gator. my son was thrilled and took for a spin. Literally. Just spin and spin and spin. My property is very slightly sloped and mowed and just rendered the thing worthless. I was more disappointed than I expected to be.

It's crazy that I expect these things to drive in a lawn, I know, crazy expectation. After reading every traction post on the planet I decided to try something I hadn't read before. It seems to me that the slippage helps protect the gears a bit since it just hard starts and stops. This could be flawed but it's my theory. In an effort to make it usable and still preserve some of the original slippage I bought the LEAST aggressive treaded road bike tire, cut to 12 inch pieces and screwed one on to each rear wheel covering just a 1/4 of the circumference of the wheel. This left 3/4 of bald plastic and 1/4 of road bike tire. I didn't have to push him once tonight. He just drove non stop for an hour without getting stuck. I'm hopping that the light tread and limited coverage may help preserve the gear box as it only puts additional pressure on the box for 1/4 of the drive time or when the wheels spin enough to engage it.

Eager to hear thoughts and have more experienced folks point out my flawed logic. This isn't an exciting mod but if it preserves the gear boxes and let's the boys ride better it's perfect for me.

Cheers

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

Hey guys, it's been a while. Things got really bus[…]

PW Corvette help

So I bought a Black PW Corvette from craigslist, t[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course