KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By Art Klobucar
pw jeep3.jpg
pw jeep3.jpg (54.78 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

I was able to modify the stock wheels and install these tires and tubes on my daughters hurricane. So far so good!
Here is the youtube link.

Let me know what you think?
By Bigmac41288b
I'll definitely be watching this one! I've been thinking about rubber tires on my sons hurricane for awhile. I've just heard stories of weak gearboxes that has kept my itch for modding at bay.

Keep us up to date on how everything holds together! It looks great!
By Art Klobucar
New tires tubes and hardaware just under $100. Pricy but i want the finished product to look like it rolled off the showroom floor. Picked the tires and tubes up through walmart.com. Tubes were $6 and change each and the tires were $15 and change for each. Free shipping to the house, best deal I could find aside from used.
By toycrusher
That was absolutely brilliant! :D I'm making this a sticky topic
By Art Klobucar
They would definitely look good on it! What kind of terrain are you riding on? Flat hilly? Flat ground if they are the same diameter should work perfect. Are you planning on increasing the voltage also? If your in a relatively flat area and everything else is stock i would say your safe. If they are taller which they may be that would give you more speed bud strain the motors so you may want to re gear maybe go down a tooth on the pinion. If you are going to upgrade the voltage i would say add a speed controller. The on and off may hurt the gears. I am in the process of upgrading the motors to 775's and 24 volts with a speed controller as well as steel gears. Will post update and let you guys know how well it performs.
By Art Klobucar
The benifit to the ones i am running is that in extreme circumstances i can still get wheel slip which saves the gears. After all the updates i do, i may go to the tires in your pic!
By ohyunjin
if you are going to do 24v then i would not use rubber tires. i've tried this and it strips the gearing in the gearbox.

i had rubber tires and 24v. the rubber on the tires just gave too much traction and the motor had too much torque on the gearing.

so, back to plastic wheels...or upgrade to variable speed pedal to help with the torque.

maybe someone else has figured this out otherwise...but that's been my experience so far.
By Art Klobucar
I have done the variable speed control with a 500 watt controller and went ahead and put in steel gears to prevent stripping. The gear that likes to go out is the one directly in contact with the pinion. Those are the steel gears I put in. Was not taking any chances with break downs!
By Art Klobucar
I had the stock gears in mine when I first did the mod. It was a little while before I swapped the gears and upgraded to 24 volts. The stock gears held up with no issues so I wouldn't believe it would cause an issue.
By Kyle
thanks!!

I am sitting here at work searching for ways to do these tires and do a custom cake pan wheel... I can see some, but being a newbie to the Power Wheels mod scene, I know Im just not looking in the right place
By Kyle
Art, I was looking more into my custom wheel and rubber tire idea when I discovered that this works a lot easier with these wheels since they are a 2 piece wheel.. I’m sure cake pan wheels are possible, but not something I want to get into yet..

I did see where another guy actually cut the tires to accept the wheel, instead of the trimming on the wheels.. by trimming the wheels, did you lose the option to ever go back to plastic wheels? I’m almost 100% sure there would be no desire to go back, but I may need to down the road for whatever reason.
7R transplant into a 7 Gearbox

I read the main thread about this and it seemed li[…]

on the motors like 20 amps per motor?

14V Motors

It doesnt matter what the voltage of the motor is […]

Burning up Banebot 775 Motors

I have Dune Racer myself and there aren't much spa[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course