KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By twisterdude1009
Ok First!
I have read all the post I could find on here about fixes for this!
My issue is from weak rivets. Is there any reason why I can just pop them off and then just put a normal bolt and nut on there with some washers?

By Hammer-fm
I did this on my Hurricane. I used a fairly long M6 bolt and a 15/64" drill bit. You want to make sure the bolt is long enough that it has an unthreaded portion. I went to the effort of drilling the factory plastic steering knuckle, tapping it, then through-drilling it with the 15/64" bit far enough that the bolt could thread in. I ended up installing a nut (with loctite) when all was said and done though. You don't want it tight since the steering bar needs to be able to swivel relative to the bolt, and the loctite prevented the bolt from threading out of the plastic assumbly.

I had to remove some of the Hurricane's plastic to clear the higher-profile bolt head, and did some incremental reaming of the hole through the steering bar until I was happy with the fit (6mm bolt is slightly larger than a 15/64" drill bit; the plastic expands but the metal doesn't :) ).

Just want to chime in on your understanding of &qu[…]

Did you ever figure this question out...I'm having[…]

Not a recall. Just a "product update".[…]

I've been trying to find a vehicle for our 3 year […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course