KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Swapping wheels? Adding suspension? Adding traction mods? This is the place for anything between the body and the ground!
By taz11
Not trying to tease..... but I may have just stumbled on a direct replacement tire for lifted Jeeps and Silverados!

I was too exicited to keep it to myself!

I'm not letting it out yet in case there are issues...but the measurements are looking good!

Racing tonight, but I will try to confirm this over the weekend!

UPDATE! IT WORKS! Not 100% like I had hoped....but good enough. I used four R8126 Brute Force rear tires

Parts required....
2- M7873-2769 right rear tire
2- M7873-2779 left rear tire
4- B9785-2459 hubcap (Update as of January 2013, discontinued) :evil:
2-B9785-2229 bushing

Attaching.......
4- 7/16 shaft collars or........4- 74550-2689 bushings and 16-7/16 washers (4 per wheel), 4 cap nuts.

The tires fit great..... I had hoped to use a single hex bushing and a cap nut for installation. The hex bushings turned out to be about 1/8 inch too long :evil: :evil:

Best bet would be to grind them down 1/8"....but if you don't have the tools.... one standard jeep wheel bushing and 4 washers will work also. It just doesn't look as clean.

lift kit 006.jpg
lift kit 007.jpg

Front inner bushing (2)
lift kit 005.jpg

Attachment
lift kit 003.jpg

Comparison
lift kit 004.jpg
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
By taz11
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know..... but I had this stack of worn out tires.....it was right next to a stack of worn out lifted jeep tires.

If I walked past it once, I walked past it 100 times. Then today I'm looking at the two stacks (trying to figure out what to do with them) and ..WHAM....it hits me DUH!!!!!! They are the same dang size....and you can still buy them! :D

I just need to confirm that the monster traction knobbies don't rub the body anywhere. Once its confirmed I'll post part numbers and pics.
By taz11
Wow..thats nice. I dont think that is lifted though.......smaller wheels. The same idea and basic look.

And I dont have chrome caps :cry:

Those look like KFX wheels.
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
h-bomb wrote:After I posted it I realized it wasn't lifted. Looks good though -- are KFX wheels still available?

Yes they are. I think you can get the caps in grey, white, and chrome. Might be something for me to look into also...part numbers and fitment specifics for those on standard jeeps.
im lifting a silverado 2 inches and am gonnaneed some tires so this sounds very intersting!
By TewSmooth18
Looks like you got to this before me Taz. I was playing around with the brute force tires that I ordered as well, and looked to see if they would fit on my Jeep Enforcer and noticed that they would. I just never took pictures of it yet as the brute force wheels that I ordered were for another ride on.

My main purpose that I tried it out was because I wanted to give the jeep a more "aggressive offroad" look to it.

Oh, and another option to prevent from having to use all the washer and all that due to the axle shaft being longer then what is actually needed, would be to just use a hack saw and cut down the axle shafts. That's what I did on my Eliminator to prevent from having to use hex bushings
Last edited by TewSmooth18 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By taz11
I would hack them off too. I figured I'd post an alternitive for those that don't have access to "hacking" type tools. :D

I installed these in 15 minutes with plyers and a ball peen hammer ;) .......then I took them back off for my lift kit topic ;)
By taz11
14 1/2 -15 inches.

If your jeep is not lifted you can use the KFX tires pictured earlier in this topic.
By daveweber34
Thanks Taz. By chance, do you know what the KFX tire diameter is? I'm just trying to get a sense of how this is going to change my Jeep's speed since it has the 11" wheels. I had to do the front end sag fix on it and the front tire were trashed. The inner tread is worn through and every lug on the tire has holes in it.
By taz11
It appears that the hubcaps listed above have been discontinued or run out of stock. BUMMER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm working on 2 other options I think you guys may like.
By taz11
This pic shows the wheels on a jeep with my 4" lift kit. They fit on a factory lifted jeep also.

12v F150 wheel set , 4 hex bushings, and 4 shaft collars =

parts 005.jpg

2- K8285-2039 Right Wheel
2- K8285-2239 Left Wheel
2- L6348-6179 Rear Rim
2- L6348-6249 Front Rim
2- K8285-2429 Inner Front Rim
2- K8285-2279 Driver
4- 73233-2559 Hex Bushing

Front...... install as normal, using a shaft collar (or trim axle and use a pushnut)

Rear...... Install one hex bushing into the rear hubcap from the outside. Install one hex bushing into the wheel driver from the center of the wheel (it will not fit from the outside). When the wheel is assembled the inner bushing should be trapped between the wheel halves. Install the wheel with a shaft collar or cut the axle and use a pushnut.

Note... if you are using this set up with a newer style jeep that has the shorter axles (jammin jeep etc), these will fit without axle modification. Just add pushnut :D (still need atleast 2" lift) They actually fit a standard jeep if you trim the bumper tips ;)
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By taz11
Here are a few more options for the discontinued hubcaps......

M7873 wheels will work with the stock 5 star jeep hubcap!
parts2 002.jpg

LIKE A GLOVE! I think this would be cool if the inside rim of the tire was painted to match the hubcap. This actually fits down inside the tire.

The newer six spoke jeep hubcaps also work!
parts2 001.jpg

....but its real close on the push nut! If you have an axle on the short side of the tolerance it may give you issues. (you could always trim the steering knuckle just a bit)

(will not work on new style short axle jeeps)
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By taz11
Prokectelmo wrote:Retracted statement due to false hopes.

I hate when that happens
By iowassfan
taz11 wrote:Here are a few more options for the discontinued hubcaps......

parts2 002.jpg

LIKE A GLOVE! I think this would be cool if the inside rim of the tire was painted to match the hubcap. This actually fits down inside the tire.

parts2 001.jpg

....but its real close on the push nut! If you have an axle on the short side of the tolerance it may give you issues. (you could always trim the steering knuckle just a bit)

I like the look of these wheels! Plus, looks like hobby masters has them. I got a jeep with the newer white six spoke style hubcaps. Bought a 2" lift from you and am looking at adding bigger tires now. How do I know if I have the short axle style that these will not work on? If it is the shorter style what wheels do you recommend/will work? Thanks!
By taz11
If you originally had the six spoke wheels, you have the short axles. The F150 wheels above are a direct fit.

If you just have to have the wider wheels.....
You can make a longer rear axle out of 7/16 or 11mm steel rod from a hardware/improvement store. I may have some longer axles for the front. If you have access to a torch, you can make them too.
By iowassfan
Wider wheels look good! These wheels are 14" tall? Now that you mention it, I believe the lifted module I got from you had the longer axles. I seem to remember swapping over my stock ones to use my stock wheels. I really like these wheels since they can still be bought new as well and fit the six spoke hubcaps. Making a longer rear axle doesnt sound to hard. New axle and wheels would be all I would need then?
Last edited by iowassfan on Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Wheels and 2 front inner bushings.

Using the 6 spoke hubcaps it MAY be necessary to trim or file the plastic steering knuckle a small bit if there is not enough room for the push nut on the axle.

It's close.
By Prokectelmo
I have 2 brand new hub caps B9785-2459 for sale $15 shipped

Also using 7/16 shaft collars makes it so much easier. Ended up using 4, 7/16 washer & bushing on the inside front and 2, 7/16 washers outside front wheel to help with locking the collar.

By Triple D
Sorry for such a noob post. Starting my first modded PW for my son. Which 14" wheels are the best to use on a lifted jeep that I can get new? Looking for black wheels that are wide. Thanks.
By iowassfan
Thanks for the parts and knowledge Taz. Used the 7873 wheels. Front axles were not long enough so I cut up the stock rear axle and bent some longer ones for the front from it.
By WyldRyd
taz11 wrote:Here are a few more options for the discontinued hubcaps......

parts2 002.jpg

parts2 001.jpg

taz11,

Can you confirm for me that if I am going to upgrade to the M7873 wheels and use my original hubcaps that this should be all the I need? I am most concerned that I have the correct Wheel bushing based on the tires, as I am trying to learn as much as I can on here... but last night I started reading and researching wheel setups and said to myself an hour or 2 max and then time for bed... well 6 hours later I was still going strong and ran out of iPad battery so luckily I finally went to bed. So after all my reading this seems correct but was really hoping for a thumbs up from you first so I know I didn't make a mistake. I will be putting them on a B2489-9993 Barbie Beach Ranger Restage. I currently have the 13.5 inch discontinued wheels but I am converting to black wheels... From what I can tell and learned again from reading this is a factory lifted Jeep yes? :?: :?: :?:

Power Wheels M7873-2769 Rear Right Wheel-Tire x 2
Power Wheels M7873-2779 Rear Left Wheel-Tire x 2
Power Wheels Wheel Bushing B9785-2229 x 2

Hi All, Grandpa just got our 2 year old a Power W[…]

Shooting a TV commercial and need two mod power wh[…]

Jeep Hurricane Radio

I looked in the battery compartment and didn't see[…]

This is my gooseneck trailer I made for my son. He[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course