KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By taz11
Just got a chance to check out the shed..........NOT PRETTY.

It missed all 6 freebee trash finds and the many boxes of parts.......The structure came down dead center on the RZR :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: The near mint CL RZR has been reduced to a mashed pile of plastic carnage. One pipe when clean through it and stabbed the floor beneath it. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Bright side....it missed the Hi Torque.

Working on pics ....don't want to die in the process.
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Never enough
Sorry to hear that Taz. I have a few damaged rides also one was a jeep I crushed when I walked on it, I didn't see it under the snow. I had a gaucho grande, Hi torque, apache and pink caddy crushed :( I still cant dig them out but they don't sound like the total destruction your dealing with. Mine should still be usable.

I am sure with everything you have come up with and built, that car will turn into something pretty cool. Would it be worth it to go through your homeowners for the shed and RZR?

We got another 3-6" coming tomorrow morning. If you need help cleaning up I can come by and supervise this weekend.
Last edited by Never enough on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
SigEp wrote:I sense a new stronger shed coming to Taz's house this spring. Maybe multiple levels of BPRO racks?

It was already in the works, lumber is under the snow....somewhere.

NE... Thanks, but I'm not planning on digging it out. The damage is done. I'll deal with it after the snow melts. I am thinking of putting a jack in there to take some pressure off what's left. Right now its kind of bowed and distorted. It "TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM" being the tallest vehicle in there.
By taz11
YIKES..... :shock:
totals.jpg

NE, looks kinda like yours :roll:
IMG_20140214_162216_582.jpg

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING IMAGES TO FOLLOW :( :( :(
IMG_20140214_162346_308.jpg
IMG_20140214_162526_454.jpg
IMG_20140214_162423_200.jpg
By Never enough
I see your truck and my back starts to hurt just thinking about clearing it out. At least you might be about to clear behind it and back it out. The bronco will sit until the snow melts, I cleared the snow off so it does not damage the roof. I had to dig for what seemed like forever to just find the wheels on my F350 and then I couldn't turn the manual hubs since they were covered in ice from the first storm.

We are 12" from the record snow fall amounts and I have a feeling we are going to blow by those numbers.

That shed was nice, thats a shame it came down even worse it came down on the RZR. At least it still looks usable, I was thinking it was pancaked.
By taz11
The right side is pretty bad. I can get to see exactly but I think it has a flat tire :o . I was able to jack some weight off of it, then thinks started to crack and pop. I got fraidy-scared and bailed out. I was able to get the Dune Racer free. I think it has a bent axle, flat spotted tire and a stressed seat. Not too serious. I'm still in plowing limbo since the snow hasn't really hit yet so I may go out and try to shovel some load off.

The issue with getting the truck out is the 7 foot pile behind it. :shock:
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
By toycrusher
A moment of silence for the rides that were injured or lost in the great collapse of 2014... :| :| :|
By daveweber34
I saw some crazy news line that New Jersey was going to use pickle juice to de-ice the roads since they can't get the salt. Yeah, I wonder how much pickle juice you guys happen to have stored up for this. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By taz11
CJB wrote::lol:

Two deer? Where did you get a pic of my kids walking to the bus stop?
By aVWguy
the snow squashed the rack for the pws here ... only ones NOT in it where bigfoot and the gater ... unsure on the damage because i cant get to it to look with all of the snow ..
was clearing spots with the massey so deep al i could see of the snowblower at times was the chute but atleast the driveways are FINALY done

funny moment with the wheelhorse too ... was running along happy then a flash of rusty red shot skyward followed by a stream of snow that slapped the wires on the telephone poles around a bit .. me being me my first instinct was to point and shout "OLD FAITHFUL!" .... chute blew off :roll: got that welded back on today

bigfoot is almost done .. cant find correct decals so i am instead trying to replicate original ford body trim and chrome
also for the fun of it in the bed i added a chrome emblem that says "size matters"
By taz11
Guess my shed wasn't the only victim.....

This was 4 blocks from work.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/post_345.html
By Never enough
There was a few roofs collapse around here, one was on a bunch of new cars at a car dealer. A lot of money is being made on removing snow from roofs and ice dams.

The roads here are awful, potholes are so big cars are smashing up the bumpers. The roads are cleared enough just to barely get 2 way traffic down most roads but that only works if people can drive and since they can't its mainly one lane.

I know we have nothing compared Minnesota winters but at least we are doing better than the south.
Attachments
NC snow small.jpg
By aVWguy
i remember drivers in PA ... some scenes where quite comical while i lived there ...
passing 2 4x4 trucks danceing side to side gaining no ground in a 73VW bug ... i beeped, smiled and waved while the lead truck revved out his hemi
By Never enough
Hey now, way to call my bluff. This state has horrible drivers, there have been 30 car pileups this week (on cleared roads), tons of accidents every day. No one has a clue on how to drive anymore. I don't understand how I am surrounded by so many idiots that don't know how to clear the snow off their cars and that they will not be able to stop quickly on snow cover roads.
By taz11
Drive a truck for a few days......... For some reason these idiots become bigger idiots anytime they are within 100 feet of a large, heavy vehicle.

I actually had some a-hole pass me on the shoulder and then brake check me...WTF Deathwish? I apparently was not getting out of his way fast enough.
By aVWguy
got up to the bpro rack today and its not nearly as bad as i had imagined
didnt collapse ... it fell over :| flopped sideways ... bent handle bar on the harley, shiney part popped out of a mirror and a cracked side pipe on the vette and a new dent in my 1943 feather craft aluminum row boat where the mess had landed
By aVWguy
for those with similar problems (dented hulls) heating around the dent good with a heat gun then plopping a chunck of dry ice dead center on the dent fixes it... and you get to see dry ice fly .... double win lmao

i have also used this method for repairing hail damage on old cars.... not sure how well it will work on new ones with thinner lighter metals
Last edited by aVWguy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
OK....now I'm officially had enough of this winter. Several tons of snow just slid off the barn roof and obliterated power wheels shed #2.

I think somebody's trying to tell me something..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

IMG_20140223_100636_626.jpg
IMG_20140223_100557_948.jpg
IMG_20140223_100602_429.jpg
By x-tremeOCK
taz11 wrote:OK....now I'm officially had enough of this winter. Several tons of snow just slid off the barn roof and obliterated power wheels shed #2.

I think somebody's trying to tell me something..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

IMG_20140223_100636_626.jpg
IMG_20140223_100557_948.jpg
IMG_20140223_100602_429.jpg

Sorry for the loss bro, man that's a lot of carnage! I guess there's going to be a huge "parts sale" in the spring ;) ....say, are you sure someone's not sabotaging your MPW operation so you would spend more time on the Midgets... not saying who(cough, cough, the kids, cough, the wife, cough, cough) :roll:

X
By Never enough
WOW your really taking a hit over there. I am glad we had a break for a few days with this warm weather but I am not looking forward to more snow that might be coming this week.

Your going to have nothing left by the time this winter is over.
By Gizmo
Taz-At the risk of sounding like a vulture, let me know if you want to get rid of any or all of your Peg rides. I have 2 kids cooking now, and it's never too early to get the fleet ready.
By toycrusher
Those pictures are depressing. :( Sorry for your losses :(
By taz11
toycrusher wrote:Those pictures are depressing. :( Sorry for your losses :(

This is more depressing......

march snow.jpg

Fukaduk

I guess we are going to break that "all time' snowfall record.

If I wanted to live in Minnesota, I would have moved there! :evil: :evil:
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Gizmo wrote:Taz-At the risk of sounding like a vulture, let me know if you want to get rid of any or all of your Peg rides. I have 2 kids cooking now, and it's never too early to get the fleet ready.

We will have to assess that option when the snow is gone and I see whats left. It this point I'm guessing MAY or JUNE :roll: :roll:
By aVWguy
finaly back up and running .....ish here
had all 3 tractors down when that last snow hit and the ever freezing and melting menice on the roof caused both dormers to leak ... soooo i am now back after rebuilding a sears starter, replaceing a fuel filter and repairing 2 leakey ydraulic lines on the massey annnnnd draining and repairing the transaxle on the wheelhorse ... bad seal let water in and it froze ... had to weld it and add new gear oil
after all of the REAL work i spent 4 hours drying and rebuilding my poor laptop that got flooded in the dormer leak ... and i dislike the sight of this roof now ...... had to take a hammer and break the ice off so the water could drain properly rather then in on my desk or into the other bedroom
By bruces_eviltwin
I finally saw some melting in the last week :D time to overcome my depression and get myself back to work in the shop
By aVWguy
took the snowblower off the wheel horse a few days ago .... by the looks of things it will be june before the mower deck is visable again.....
would wander up to the shop .. but the big sliding door is frozen shut still (2ft ice wall holding it)
By x-tremeOCK
*************************************************** NOTICE ***************************************************

The Federal Government has declared it is broke (in many ways), in this case financially. So, in light of that it cannot afford the season called Spring. Winter will continue for at least another two months then, we will go directly into what is generally known as Summer. Those who can afford it as stipulated under the Obama Care Act will be able to purchase relief in the form of warmer days only at the address indicated on their tax return forms. Those who can't afford it, tough, although you will be able to visit the addresses that can afford it. One stipulation to "purchasing and/or visiting" is you must be a registered, bleeding heart, Nancy Pelosi loving, left wing liberal demoncrate. Everyone else can only watch from across the street at said addresses. Warning, you will be photograghed, profiled and audited by the IRS if you do show up to watch. If, this financial climate continues, the season known as Fall will also be eliminated and we will go directly into Winter...again! As always, the Demoncratic Party is here to serve and protect you....as long as you're one of US!. :twisted:

X
By aVWguy
By bruces_eviltwin
Ya so today was yet another blizzard with 6 to 8 inches of snow and 50 mph wind, just lovely
By bruces_eviltwin
And another blizzard tomorrow with total accumulation possible near 20 inches and 45 mph wind ugggh :x
By hkayssi
We have it really bad up here too guys. This winter doesn't want to end. I shoveled so much snow this year, it's not even funny anymore :x

temps are at around the freezing mark still and they're talking of possibly more snow before the week's end :shock:
By taz11
Just got a reminder last night. Not too bad and it's supposed to reach 49 today so it should be gone by tonight. The last monster pile in my yard diappeared about a week ago. The last few days (before the snow) have been warm so the light is at the end of the tunnel.
By aVWguy
23 degrees when i went out to put mini me on the bus ...
and to think not even a week ago i was outside in warm enough weather i considered ditching the tee shirt
i would have tried harder to enjoy spring had i known it would only last 3 days
Last edited by aVWguy on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Original reply deleted. See below. ***UPDATE**[…]

I was very lucky to find a Mario Kart on craigsli[…]

Gaucho grande

Hello everyone. Does anyone have parts for Gauch[…]

I will arrange can we exchange information offline[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course