KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By aVWguy
winter is here and WAY too cold ... nothing unusual
thought i'd post a few pics of the toys used to clear away the snow
the little walk behind is called the abominable snowblower
i named it that because when its original 4HP engine died i got bored .. it has a 10HP now lol
then the bigger one is a massey GC2310 with a 6ft ford 3pt. snowblower on the rear ....
and a pic of the snow sitting on my poor eclipse
Attachments
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG (17.63 KiB) Viewed 11322 times
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG (29.92 KiB) Viewed 11322 times
IMG_1000.JPG
IMG_1000.JPG (25.7 KiB) Viewed 11322 times
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG (19.92 KiB) Viewed 11322 times
By bruces_eviltwin
we have lots of winter fun in north dakota! we average over 50" annually and have records over 100" power wheels work in the first 4" or so :D
598409_10151110783291681_2046761024_n.jpg
598409_10151110783291681_2046761024_n.jpg (11.74 KiB) Viewed 11318 times
By aVWguy
got about 19 inches here right now.... wind has blown some spots up to about 3ft O_O lol another wonderful upstate NY winter lol
the massey also has a quick connect backhoe and a nice new built by me this fall wood splitter
imagine .... a 26HP diesel log splitter O_O slow moveing but EPIC splitting power lmao
i spent a few weeks out popping through the knottiest gnarliest hardwood i could drag off the hill with no problem at all
the smaller snowblower is something i built for a friend and honestly running that thing is quite a handfull lol it has one speed and haveing doubled the HP it BADDLY wants to ge away and eat the snowbanks lol

what other toys are out there for removeing this evil white mess?
i wanna see pics lol
might even get over and get pics of another machine i built (loaned it to the older brother
Last edited by aVWguy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
Welp winter has sucked so far ...
The parts total
4shearpins
1 expencive tractor innertube
3 glowplugs (3cyl massey Ferguson GC2310)
1 hard to find Hitachi starter (1979 Ford1700)
1 new drive chain and 4 random bolts for the abominable snowblower (homemade overkill walk behind)
By bruces_eviltwin
meanwhile in North Dakota......
525647_324976867622966_1117642276_n.jpg
By bruces_eviltwin
I finally got out to my shop today! after about 30 inches of snow in the last 4 weeks it was a tough haul :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
By taz11
bruces_eviltwin wrote:I finally got out to my shop today! after about 30 inches of snow in the last 4 weeks it was a tough haul :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

My last trace of snow disappeared today!
By bruces_eviltwin
taz11 wrote:
bruces_eviltwin wrote:I finally got out to my shop today! after about 30 inches of snow in the last 4 weeks it was a tough haul :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

My last trace of snow disappeared today!

my front yard is about 5 feet deep right now :evil: :evil:
By bruces_eviltwin
so weve had a good 8 to 10 inches of snow this week and now they have foercasted another 8 to 12 tomorrow night :evil: :evil: spring flooding looks pretty likely here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
By daveweber34
Just for you guys up north, we hit 95 down here today and our AC is broken. Do I get any pity for that? :?:
By aVWguy
STILL have over 6 inches packed hard on the lawn here refuseing to melt lmao .. atleast i'm done running the tractors for the season ... next comes dropping the snowblower and tire chains and getting ready for working mud ... the four seasons of upstate NY ... mud warm mud and SNOOOOWWWWWWW
gwt about a month of mowing the lawn once a week mid summer lmao ... other then that its mabey once a month cussing at the mud thats trying to steal your mowers tires and makeing you slide in weird directions
then comes firewood season .. lawn desides its done growing then and hides under the leaves .... spend the next few weeks on steep muddy paths up on hills dragging down trees to cut and split them alll just to stay warm during the winter ... then it allll starts over again ... (bpros and fun fall in that somewhere i am sure of it .... )
By aVWguy
the snow is FINALY gone and the ice is melting off the lake ^_^
looks like spring might be here .. i hope

sometime in the next few days i'll be makeing the hike up the hill to the garage and snapping a few pics of what i built for winter storage of the 3 most used BPROs around here while i get them down and get ready to clean them up for the season

first i have to get the stepfather's fishing boat out of the garage and down by the house to have the plywood floor replaced and the parents' old car on jackstands for brakework so i can get that running this year .. first time in 4 years ^_^
the image is cut off ... and thats not THE car ... but thats what rosie looks like lol a shiney red 1950 willys overland jeepster ... ma & tim's little red convertable lmao
Last edited by aVWguy on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bruces_eviltwin
ive only had 1 day over 40 degrees and way too many days below freezing. our average for today is supposed to be in the fifties, looks like the snow may melt by july here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By gratefuldad
bruces_eviltwin wrote:so weve had a good 8 to 10 inches of snow this week and now they have foercasted another 8 to 12 tomorrow night :evil: :evil: spring flooding looks pretty likely here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't mean to cheap out or take the short cut with this, but I can't think of a better phrase my feelings of astonishment over 12" of snow for several days in a row in March.
WTF!
:o

Man, I'm sooo sooo sorry. WOW
By bruces_eviltwin
yes and now im supposed to get another major storm this weekend :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
By bruces_eviltwin
we got a good 5 inches off that last one and now its snowing pretty good again today, snow is falling and the river is rising :x :x :x :x
By aVWguy
saw some random patches that tried to stick untill the sun desided to peek out this morning ...
spent the day working on a mobility scooter lol
By bruces_eviltwin
i was interviewed by the weather channel today!seems the red river flooding is interesting to somebody :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By aVWguy
that is just bad man ... i am chargeing bpro batteries and working on boats here ... and some after winter lawn repair ... fortunately i live high enough so flooding isnt an issue .. but in rescent high winds i had waves coming up over the dam O_O one came up and hit the car so hard it shoved it several inches across the road .. the dam is at the north end of the lake so a good hard south wind can make a mess of anything on the road at this end
By doug d
Spring is here.... The snow is gone and it will hit 60 today. Still 2 ft of ice up north and fishing opener in two wks.. Be happy today, the sun is shining. Doug D.
By aVWguy
WINTER IS BACK!!!!!
time to revisit this mess lol
the massey is happier this year
By bruces_eviltwin
got my 14" of snow on wednesday :D 9only reason im smiling is a few hour drive away they got 33
By aVWguy
HAD 18 here .. it melted off .. now i have ice moving in .. then more snow ... the lake was even frozen over for a couple days ...then it slowly got warmer over a weeks time .. then i got a day near 50 O_o .. back to cold now
By bruces_eviltwin
i dont get lake effect snow here so anything over 6 inches is huge
By aVWguy
anything under 6 inches here is flurries ...
didnt expect it to melt off .. that is odd
typical winter here starts in mid to late nov. and ends as late as early may .... past couple years havent been all that bad but thats what i grew up with
i do remember once or twice going out on halloween as i kid and walking through 3 inches of snow .. .
By aVWguy
one of those years ninja turtles was REALLY popular .. i had to go as one .. so the green snow suit helped alot
By bruces_eviltwin
slight power upgrade!
1469818_10201169773953831_358510098_n.jpg
By aVWguy
bruces_eviltwin wrote:slight power upgrade!
1469818_10201169773953831_358510098_n.jpg

:shock: ... power indeed ... :shock: but that thing would take forever to clear a driveway (into the next county)
seems a bigger snowblower could have been wrapped around that ...
i run one that is 5 ft wide and 2 ft tall on the back of a 23HP tractor

soon as i get it shipped in from storage .. i'll be using one 3 ft wide and 2 ft tall on the front of a 16 hp tractor
(reviving my old wheel horse finally)
By aVWguy
pictures taken a few days ago before the lake effect desided to show up again ...
so far there was snow over the wheels on that .. .then it all melted off .. then ice storms and now more snow X_x ... glad i put the studded tires on it
By bruces_eviltwin
i woke up to maybe another 6 inches, this is shaping up to be a heavy winter :? guess im glad i bought a snowmobile :D
By rush-is-right
one plus side to all the snow, and cold, is it is always easy to find a nice cold place to put your case of beer, when working in the shop
By aVWguy
didnt think to mention the snomobile on here .. guess thats because everyone around here has one (more snowmobile weather in a year then motorcycle weather) ... have a late 90's polaris 440 ... reverse sucks but it has it ... heated everythinig and unmodded cruiser sled
By aVWguy
ading to the winter cost .. 3 shearpins in the big snowblower ..
and a full tuneup and re-wiring on my 1974 wheelhorse ... still not running right .. points are out of adjustment
anyone know thew proper point gap for a kholer K341?
By bruces_eviltwin
.020 heres a manuall with specs in the back http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecata ... _c_all.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By aVWguy
thankyou
that is a BIG help
... i have the manual for the tractor but none of the specs for the engine where in it .. not even the proper sparkplug size
By bruces_eviltwin
glad I could hep, my work goes thru thousands of engines every year so usually I can find something if you need
By aVWguy
waiting for the battery to charge in it now
the tractor was running great untill i parked it for storage at my brother's place ... this past summer his mower died and he desided to tinker with the wheelhorse ................. now after replaceing all of the wires that got burnt when he connected the battery backwords, a new coil, plug wire, sparkplug, and rebuilding the carb because he put cruddy gas in it ..... hopefully it will run :roll:
plus side .. i finished fabricating all of the parts needed to lift the snowblower and have that mounted and ready to go

also considering more fabrication to put a hydraulic lift on that monster ... it takes all i have in my arm to raise it while holding onto the steering wheel so i dont lift myself from the seat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By aVWguy
one of those "what idiot did this?" moments today ... whie my brothers tinkerd with the wheelhorse one of them desided it didnt need its condenser .... took it off and lost it .. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . worse yet i didnt even notice until today :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
By bruces_eviltwin
it was -28 here this morning so needless to say i didnt leave my couch
By aVWguy
not NEARLY as cold here but i had to go out in it to bring in more firewood ... the diesel tractor did nothing to help, the wheelhorse is still down BUT ^___^ the old sears suburban as always fired right up and ran like a champ ... oldest in the lawn and by far most reliable

I forgot also....Get Up , rub some dirt on it, get[…]

Jeep Hurricane Radio

I have a Jeep Hurricane but the radio unit doesn't[…]

8-)

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

There's different versions of the Crazy Cart so ch[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course