KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By bruces_eviltwin
you need one of these!
1522286_500672666713303_1695921967_n.jpg
By aVWguy
mine would have to be orange and white or red lol ... and now i want to build one
By bruces_eviltwin
weve got every color lol
1.jpg
2.jpg
By bruces_eviltwin
a little chill in the air here in grand forks!
1510521_10151793130231636_691401793_n.png
By aVWguy
was 2 degrees here yesterday ... the ford 1700 refused to start withouot life support ... then gelled after 10 mins of running .... good thing i keep plenty of additive on hand ..
apparently the owner didnt put enough in ...
By bruces_eviltwin
been a long winter :cry: already
By bruces_eviltwin
daveweber34 wrote:If I told you it was sunny and 70 here in Italy, would you hate me?

never, glad your enjoying it
By aVWguy
i have adjusted to the cold enough to be out in a tee shirt plowing snow on the old sears tractor o-o .. a long winter indeed
By bruces_eviltwin
another day in paradise! it just keeps getting colder :evil: ya im dead center in the little purple circle
safe_image (2).jpg
safe_image (2).jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
Last edited by bruces_eviltwin on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By daveweber34
I just watched "A Christmas Story" this week. Remind your kids not to stick their tongues on any steel poles...or conversely, you can have your kids triple-dog dare neighbors you don't like TO put them on a steel poles.

Also, I was just kidding about it being 70 and sunny here in Italy. The high's have been around 50 (which is about 15 degrees above normal) and it's been raining steady for two days. I thought I might get a little bit of a response out of you with it being colder than a dead boars tit over there.
By aVWguy
begining to dislike all things diesel ...
another day where the bigger machines whined like sissys and didnt do crap while my old 10HP sears happily fired up and got the job done
2 shear pins in the fragile "new" machine today after an argument over weather or not it was going to start
By aVWguy
the wheelhorse is now running strong ^_^
baddly needs weight in the rearend to counter balance the snowblower then it should be good for up to 2 ft of snow
anything more i'll go back to the bigger tractor
By bruces_eviltwin
image.jpg
By bruces_eviltwin
doug d wrote:Bruce, I was out in it today. -50 plus wind chill this morning. Plan on coming thru on Friday, need any thing?

Do you have an extra lil jeep hood?
By taz11
bruces_eviltwin wrote:
doug d wrote:Bruce, I was out in it today. -50 plus wind chill this morning. Plan on coming thru on Friday, need any thing?

Do you have an extra lil jeep hood?

I do if he doesn't
By taz11
Just spent 2 hours out in -20 degree wind chill. I had to chip the 6" of ice out of the fuel bowl on one of our trucks on the shoulder of Rt 18.

BRRRRRRR The cars and trucks whizzing by at 75 mph has to add another -20 to the wind chill factor.

To repeat myself...BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

The heater in my service truck would not thaw it! :o :shock: . I ended up sticking it infront of the tailpie of a running truck to get the ice chunk to break loose.
By aVWguy
not on the road, but i have been there de-icing to get engines running
try it in -20 temp out in a field when the tractor gells up stalls out .. usual upstate NY winter fun lol .. by the time i got it running again the crap in the spreader was frozen rock solid so i had to take the smelly mess back to the barn and try again in the morning

glad to be out of farm work

started carrying a portable 2cycle generator and a heat gun after that :lol:
Last edited by aVWguy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By daveweber34
aVWguy wrote:not on the road, but i have been there de-icing to get engines running
try it in -20 temp out in a field when the tractor gells up stalls out .. usual upstate NY winter fun lol .. by the time i got it running again the crap in the spreader was frozen rock solid so i had to take the smelly mess back to the barn and try again in the morning

glad to be out of farm work

started carrying a portable 2cycle generator and a heat gun after that :lol:

Oh yeah, I can associate. I grew up on a ~70 cow dairy farm in Wisconsin. All of our equipment had oil pan heaters on them and I swear it seemed like they would be plugged in three months straight some years. I always (sarcasm on) loved dealing with these quick snaps of -30 degree weather every winter. Trying to clean up rock solid manure...steel would get brittle on equipment...I always loved working on nice cold -30 steel...but the one that always took the cake was when water pipes would freeze and bust flooding different parts of the barn. It was always just a jolly old time coming out and finding 100' of manger full of feed that was frozen solid in sections and still had tons of standing water. Staying clean and dry wasn't even an option on that.

There is a lot I miss about not having my kids grow up on a farm like I did, but the brutal cold weather SNAFUs are not one of them.
By x-tremeOCK
Gruber_Power wrote:What is that white stuff on the ground?!

Hello from Arizona! :lol:

That's the same tune my three brothers sing, they all live in Cape Coral, Florida. :evil:

My son works at O'Hare airport as an aircraft deicer. He's been working doubles for the last two months!

De-icing plane.jpg
De-icing plane.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 4946 times

X
By aVWguy
winter disappeared on me .... .i can see (most of) the grass again O_o ... this is not right
By bruces_eviltwin
yet another blizzard for me, im buried
By aVWguy
O_o snow is back ... as is the battle to keep it out of the driveways
currently running
2006 massey GC2310 with a 3pt snowblower,
1967 sears suburban 10 with front snow/dozer blade and rear grading blade
1976 wheelhorse C120 8speed with front mount single stage snowblower
saddly any slight hill and the wheelhorse wimps out and spins ... even with new wheel weights ... needs chains

sears is STILL the most dependable in the lawn with its rattly old 10HP recoil start techumpseh engine

i DID find out today that the wheel horse will shoot the snow up high enough to hit the power lines ... so its not all bad ... or i am easily amused :roll:
Last edited by aVWguy on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By x-tremeOCK
Looks like a little more than 9 to 5, keep the shiny up!

X
By bruces_eviltwin
we are on our third blizzard warning in 1 week 60mph gusts today
By bruces_eviltwin
image.jpg
image.jpg
By x-tremeOCK
taz11 wrote:WOW! It blew the darn tree sideways!! :P :lol:

Or... was the guy taking the picture blown sideways! :shock:

X
By bruces_eviltwin
2 1/2 days of fun! Too bad my iPhone can't handle wind!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by bruces_eviltwin on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By x-tremeOCK
Hey you guys, ya'll are causing me some concern! :( Especially you Bruce, taking sideways pictures and talking like the ghost rider himself is chasing you down the highway, and doug d too. Taz and aVWguy, you guys don't sound as bad but ya'll ain't soundin' good either. Cabin fever catches up with you at this time of the year. There's only a few more weeks before things start to change(usually)...alright, alright 6 more weeks then the spring melt...then we get rain on top of the melt which equals flooding! Dang it, you guy's got me in the funk now :evil:

Gee's, I need to mod something but it's to danged cold and the snow's to deep! :cry:
Frozen2.jpg
Frozen2.jpg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 4820 times

Brrr...X

PS Everything in my unheated garage frig is frozen!
By aVWguy
past few days have been battery killing, diesel gelling cold
mini me actually had 3 snowdays because of the cold ... no snow just the windchill
one day was so cold the oil in the block on the old sears thickend up too much for me to pull the starter rope O_O
alot of warming tings with the heatgun and thawing frozen pipes
yesterday with the furnace and both woodstoves going it was 60 degrees in the house and 29 degrees in the basement .... took a salamander heater to warm that mess back up so the washer would run for laundry
more of the same here lmao
By bruces_eviltwin
image.jpg
By taz11
And that two day event ended with this.....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Spend all day in an lnterstate parking lot because some idiot feels the need to go 60mph in a snow storm. STUPID!!!

The next night we got 4 more inches and a 1/4 inch of ice....700,000 were without power as of last nights news......Not us fortunately.

WINTER FUN.......NOT :evil:
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By daveweber34
bruces_eviltwin wrote:
image.jpg

Ahh yes, the Great Plains. Reminds me of my first year going to college out in western Minnesota. Fields were virtually barren of snow and you'd come to a town and it would be absolutely buried in snow because they acted like wind breaks. That was just like the house I lived in that year. We had to dig a tunnel through the snow bank on the side of our house just to get a smidge of natural day light into our living room. Epic flooding in that spring of 1997 too for the Red River Valley when all the snow finally began to melt.
By bruces_eviltwin
hey vwguy check this out!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By x-tremeOCK
That thing is AWESUME!

But, I still have a more efficient way of getting the job done ;) ...

"Honey...we need some more firewood, the ax is in the shed... thanks, is dinner ready yet?"
Woman chopping wood.jpg

X
By Never enough
Can't wait. Road dept is preparing for 24 inches here, weather people still wont give totals but everywhere on the net is saying 12+. We still have about 7 inches of ice on the ground. Should be fun times for all. Looks like the whole east coast is getting in on the fun. Stay safe everyone.
By taz11
Well .... more coming tonight..AAAARRRRRRRGGGHH! This last one dumped about 16 inches at my house. Thats on top of the 8-9 of left over from the first several storms. I have about 25" in my yard right now. The piles at the edge of the road are up to my gutters on the front porch (7 feet from the road) :shock: :o .

Sadly, the shed where I store most of my parts has collapsed under the snow weight :evil: :cry: :evil: .
By x-tremeOCK
Isn't New Jersey suppose to be the "Garden State"?

Man, this starting to get Biblical! Freezing cold, buried in snow and ice, spring floods coming...what's next!?..raining frogs and don't forget the locusts!

But worst of all.....it's TAX TIME!!! :o :shock: :evil:

Have a nice day,

X
By Never enough
Ugh. I have had enough of it mainly because i have no place to put anything else. I am just happen my 55 year old snowblower works like a champ and throws this heavy wet snow far.

I had and little parking garage built for some powerwheels and guachos which collapsed. They where not nice looking but they ran great, pretty sad over it and have not dug them out to see how bad they are smashed.

Local weatherman has said nothing about snow this weekend but the independent weatherman (who has been right all winter sadly) says we are getting another 4" tonight and so more on Monday :( .

This wouldn't be bad if my truck was stock but it has a 6" lift and 35" tires.

Bronco snow 2014.jpg

Can you spot the powerwheels here? Hint there 40 of them in this picture

snow 2014.jpg

Where am I going to put another 4-6" of snow??????

snow-1 2014.jpg
By taz11
Nice Bronco.... My truck is so deep I would have to shovel snow to get the tailgate open! :o :shock:

This doesn't look bad........until you realize those are 8 foot high doors on the house! :shock: :shock: :shock:
IMG_20140214_025225_582.jpg

IMG_20140213_072656_081.jpg

WHOA NELLIE! LOOK OUT! Why would anyone drive a mustang in this? (ie car "eating it" in the median)
IMG_20140213_072444_311.jpg

(the Minnesota members are laughing at us :P ;) )

I haven't looked at my shed yet. The snow was too deep to deal with at 2:00am. I was heading back out after a quick 5 hour nap. The only real concern is that my 24v RZR was in there. One end is down and the back is still standing. I'm hopeful that it got missed since it is closer to the end that is standing. That is assuming that the 4 inches that fell after I left did not bring the rest down :shock: .
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Original reply deleted. See below. ***UPDATE**[…]

I was very lucky to find a Mario Kart on craigsli[…]

Gaucho grande

Hello everyone. Does anyone have parts for Gauch[…]

I will arrange can we exchange information offline[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course