KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By M.L.Toys
This is post #100 since turning Mltoys into a performance center. Got to say we're having a blast developing these products and building all of these custom setups for everyone who has been emailing. There's never a time when we don't have 3-4 specialty orders going and we love getting all of these emails from everyone looking to determine which is the right motor / gearing / voltage system for their needs. And we've been equally shocked at the diversity for needs. From a 24 volt single seat McQueen with 775's to a fleet of Hurricanes to pimped out Escalades. Every one has a unique gearing and motor that works best and that changes with each voltage level. We have it all mapped out on computer now (no, you don't get to see it). The metal gears have gotten an incredible reception and the Trac-On Spray was a blast to develop. The skid marks on the can are an actual photo from my car :) In a few weeks we're gonna start on lighting kits. We've also got some sick vinyl stickers designed for Mustangs and for Jeeps. Might do something sweet with Escalade custom sticker designs. That truck needs some pimping accessories. Looking for an inexpensive FM / Ipod player that's got a waterproof face and cool look and then get a bezel mold made to replace cheesy stock radios in style.

But I rant. Thank you guys for the feedback and support as we get this thing going and growing. Our eventual goal is to have a facility that we can do West Coast Customs level of work to kid's ride-on cars. A place where Justin Beiber's folks can get him a new car once his license is revoked. Where Kanye West will call in a few years cause his kid needs a ride befitting him. And where Tony Stewart will go when he wants to have a fleet of Power Wheels race cars to run at NASCAR races for the kids. Thanx All!
By wired
QUOTE: "We have it all mapped out on computer now (no, you don't get to see it)."

Not sharing information is the opposite of why I joined here. I learned from others and still try to aide when information I have seems to fit the need. I'm glad you're having fun, making money and getting information from others. M.L. TOYS is definitely a different entity now.
Last edited by wired on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Hobbymasters
Our eventual goal is to have a facility that we can do West Coast Customs level of work to kid's ride-on cars.

You gonna get Big Dane to beat up your employees? :)
By M.L.Toys
wired wrote:Not sharing information is the opposite of why I joined here. I learned from others and still try to aide when information I have seems to fit the need. I'm glad you're having fun, making money and getting information from others. M.L. TOYS is definitely a different entity now.

As someone here stated when we first started Mltoys Performance, anyone here can do the upgrades we're doing if they want to put the effort into it. There's nothing proprietary or patentable. We're putting out the time and money to research this stuff. We're investing dollars to get products made in quantity to make it cheap enough for everyone. As such we can't just give away all of our research in a public chart. What we do do is answer EVERY email question with specific answers to specific questions and leave no one hanging. If our customers aren't having fun then we won't succeed. When someone asks us what gearing will work on their Brute Force at 18v with Traxxas motors we answer them. The information is shared. It's just not on a billboard.
By wired
QUOTE: "We're putting out the time and money to research this stuff."...."As such we can't just give away all of our research in a public chart."

Well I guess we should just ask to have the FAQs section removed. I hope you don't think you're the only one putting out time and money to advance this hobby. You are the Microsoft to our Mozilla. I won't get into "performance grease" or metal gears but if you're going to get information and ideas from members and/or other resident hobbyists it's only common decency to share said information. This forum is a free community and should be treated as such. I know you are in a new-to-you business and have a priority to make money but let's not forget about the forum or it's members. It might just be where your next big idea comes from. ;)
Last edited by wired on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
That would be a great bit of info to post in the FAQ. This site was built by members publicly sharing their ideas and results so everyone can benefit from it. That is kind of the idea behind this site. The fact that you don't want to post it......says a lot. I'm not saying you have to, I'm saying it would be helpful to many and it would be nice to give back to the forums.

I will also add that I've been getting the same vibe from a lot of members here. The friendly, helpful atmosphere of MPW is slowly vanishing. Everybody wants help, some almost demand it, but very few are willing to pay it back........ unless you want to buy it. :evil:
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hootienchyna
taz11 wrote:That would be a great bit of info to post in the FAQ. This site was built by members publicly sharing their ideas and results so everyone can benefit from it. That is kind of the idea behind this site. The fact that you don't want to post it......says a lot. I'm not saying you have to, I'm saying it would be helpful to many and it would be nice to give back to the forums.

I will also add that I've been getting the same vibe from a lot of members here. The friendly, helpful atmosphere is slowly vanishing. Everybody wants help, some almost demand it, but very few are willing to pay it back........ unless you want to buy it. :evil:

Guess i missed a bit of stuff since i left
By gratefuldad
wired wrote: "M.L. TOYS is definitely a different entity now."
I couldn't agree more. While Hootie certainly conducted business on this site, he was always an active and valuable contributor. Even when he didn't have a Sale to make he would share his knowledge on a subject and added a lot of information to our DataBase of resources. It is possible to conduct business here and be a contributing member at the same time.
There will always be guys looking to buy a "Plug & Play" solution, your customers. And there will always be many of us who are going to take the "Hands On Approach", where much of your knowledge likely comes from.
I'm not sure that I see the conflict between your business interests and openly sharing on this Forum. Consumers are going Buy It and tinkerers are going to Build It. If you're worried about your customers building things themselves than surely this Forum isn't a real good place to advertise, you know?
Anyway, I hope you can find a balance between your personal interests and the "Spirit" of this Forum. I think I speak for many of us in saying that we're all just trying to put that "Big Ole Sh_t Eating Grin" on our kids faces and have some fun doing it!
By toycrusher
I'm with Gratefuldad on this one. I run a large marine dealership and found this to be true. Some people will pay for products (and services) that have been engineered, tested, and proved. And others will do things there own way, even if time and again they meet with disappointment and failure. They are two separate classes of individuals and do not often change.

We provide free advice to such ones who would rather fix things themselves. If we refused to do so they would not pay for our services, they would look elsewhere until they found the info they were looking for, even if it's from unreliable sources. We provide the info they are looking for, and some, after realizing they are in over their head, will bring their boats to us eventually as they should have to start with.

The information contained in these forums is invaluable for the stubborn, do-it-yourself type people (like myself) that make up a majority of the contributors on this site. We would love to see the results of your hard work so that we can better our own creations. There are still countless individuals that visit these forums daily, don't create an account, but use the information within to plan their own projects. These ones need business like yours that can provide the equipment they need without the investment in time and effort that would otherwise be necessary to do such things.

Bottom line, share what you have learned for the do-it-yourselfers, but make sure viewers know they can skip the hassle by buying engineered solutions directly from you.
By x-tremeOCK
`

To gratefuldad & toycrusher: +1 Nicely put!

taz11 wrote:That would be a great bit of info to post in the FAQ. This site was built by members publicly sharing their ideas and results so everyone can benefit from it. That is kind of the idea behind this site. The fact that you don't want to post it......says a lot. I'm not saying you have to, I'm saying it would be helpful to many and it would be nice to give back to the forums.

I will also add that I've been getting the same vibe from a lot of members here. The friendly, helpful atmosphere of MPW is slowly vanishing. Everybody wants help, some almost demand it, but very few are willing to pay it back........ unless you want to buy it. :evil:

Taz, I have noticed the same "vibe". Since I joined there has been quite a large turnover in members. People move on mainly because their kids grew out of the rides and moved on to something else. A lot of knowledge and experience went with them. I notice two groups with the "new kids on the block." First are the ones who take and don't give back, just passing through to take what they need and adios suckers. They post once to get info and don't have the courtesy to even say thanks. The second group seems to be enthusiastic and wants to share, even show off in a good way what they have accomplished. Some are pretty smart too, bringing in newer technology and sources to make the experience for our kids to enjoy even more. We all know that we do this for two reasons; for our kids AND for ourselves. We get a kick out of creating something that works and our kids to have fun with.

Man, this is really getting heavy. I don't have too many serious bones in my body but this subject sure shook a few. I didn't even use any of those goofy smileys this time.

Finally to Hootie, good to hear from you again! Hope everything is working out for the best, take care!

Stay warm everyone, X

That's a slick little ride. Never knew Rollplay m[…]

Good evening everyone, Few weeks ago i've started[…]

New Corvette C7 Z06

How many cans of the white did you use?

It's the 12 volt corvette. It's pretty awesome and[…]

HobbyMasters