KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By taz11
So.... I've been gone for several days while I enjoyed a much needed vacation at the shore. There was a little situation on the drive down that I just have to share.

Where is a cop when you need one?......This is way better!

I'm cruising down the Parkway, 72mph set on the cruise control, running along with 2 lanes of traffic. Out of the blue this group stupid SOBs blast through everybody doing a good 100+ :shock: :shock: :shock: A "wad" of street bikes, going so fast I did not hear them coming until they where past me. :evil: :evil: :evil: .

My wife and I spoke to our kids about why racing at those speeds on a public highway (in traffic) was a bad Idea. About the time our discussion ended (about 5 miles later) we rounded a slight curve and.....WAHOO.. CHRISTMAS! 4 cars pulled off on the shoulder and a the woods in the median was filled with motorcycle confetti!

Nothing like a little proof to send the point home to the kiddies. It did not appear that they took any innocent motorists with them so all was good in my book.

I must be getting grumpy in my old age because all I could do is smirk as I drove past. I really get tired of people who think the rules don't apply to them....and have no common sense on top of it.
By SigEp
Darwinism. ;)

Yeah, here in Cali we allow motorcycles to split lanes. With our crazy traffic, I'm ok with that and think they should...when traffic is going 40mph or less. But...when I'm going 70+ in traffic and some idiot on a motorcycle blows by in between lanes going 80-90...

I find myself hoping for what you witnessed. Does that make me bad? :shock:
By wired
"motorcycle confetti"...good one. I like to ask bikers to do a wheelie and wait for the response. Thanks for sharing.
By taz11
Yeah.....looked kinda like a plane crash. I guess that's because they were going faster than some small planes :? . I almost wish I got to see it unfold but they where out of sight in a very short time.

I find myself hoping for what you witnessed. Does that make me bad?
I hope for this every time some arse cuts me off to gain 20 feet on the road. This was perfect because I always feel guilty that they will hurt someone (besides themselves)

I used to feel bad for "wishing". As I get older that has faded. I guess I'm about out of patience.

I'm all for wrapping yourself around a pole if you choose to. Just do it away from everyone else that just wants to get from point A to Point B.
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By wired
Taz, maybe you did make it happen.....wWOOOoOOOOOOOoOHhHHHhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spooky. You could be some kinda crash karma guru wizard type guy. We're good right? Right? Taz? Uh oh.

I'm totally joking here. I'm getting ready to take a bite of hurricane sammich and I don't need any bad juju hanging around. Knock on wood. Salt over the shoulder. Hands together and eyes closed. I will even try a wheelie if it helps.
Last edited by wired on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
By hkayssi
I'm with you Taz. Bikers are the most vulnerable on the roads due to the lack of protection and yet they continue to be the most dangerous drivers on the road!

I was once passed by a Motorcycle that was going at least 3 times the speed limit. I barely saw him come behind me them pass me before disappearing in a couple of seconds. The guy didn't crash though.
By daveweber34
10 years ago when I was turning wrenches at a Dodge dealer in the Twin Cities, one of the sales guys rode a crotch rocket. He went on a ride and took a 35 or 45 mph turn (don't remember which) at a police estimated 80 mph+, wiped out, head hit one of the wooden 6x6 guard rail posts and almost snapped his entire head off. I was told only some pieces of skin kept his head attached to his body.
Last edited by daveweber34 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I came across this thing for free. It's awesome. N[…]

Since you haven't purchased it yet my suggestion i[…]

Below is a picture of the shifter with the screw i[…]

The shifter itself has two DPDT switches inside it[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course