KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By 4daKids
I'm thinking about buying a new electric scooter for myself to chase after the kids on. I'm totally new to scooters and I am looking for suggestions, advice, ones to stay away from etc. Any input would be much appreciated. Right now I'm looking at the T500 scooter that TNCScooters is selling.

By DennisDaMenace
I personally would recommend the eZip 1000 (http://www.ezipusa.com/31-ezip-e-1000-blue.html).
I have the predecessor to this scooter: Schwinn Stealth 1000. So does Chozian. I found mine on Craigslist for $25 with charger but the batteries (3-12V 10Ah) were bad. Additionally, it handled my weight (250 lbs) :shock: with no problems. :D

The T500 scooter (http://tncscooters.com/view.php?page=T500) seems to be small for an adult.
Last edited by DennisDaMenace on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 4daKids
I'm about 230 and 6' 1'' myself. How tall are you? Any problems with that one with your height? Thank you for your input!
By DennisDaMenace
I'm 5' 9" and the Schwinn Stealth 1000's handle bar is at the perfect height for riding standing up or sitting down on the seat. It was designed for the adult rider. The front and rear suspensions and the larger wheels are perfect for riding off pavement. Additionally, the throttle controls are good for chasing the kids in very slow speed to full throttle racing. Based on their screams, the kids seem to love being chased from behind. I let them win some races once in awhile. :D

I apologize if I'm sounding like a used car salesman.
Last edited by DennisDaMenace on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jfoust
If you can track down a Minimoto Quad, that's a possiblitly as well. We have one, and it hauls me around just fine (6'2" 230lbs). The Razor quad does a decent job as well. With those you can chase them on and off road easily...
By chozian
The Schwinn electric scooters are really nice. You'll want to go with one that is at least 500 Watts for the torque. The Schwinn Stealth 1000, eZip 1000, and iZip 1000 are all awesome in my opinion. They have tons of torque. I know the Schwinn Stealth 1000 is rated for up to at least 260 lbs. I weigh around 210 lbs and ride it with my son who is around 35 lbs. It goes full speed with no problems at all. It even does really well up small hills. I'm about 5' 11" and the Schwinn S500 (500 Watts) fits me fine. Though, it could use a more comfortable seat. :P I recommend staying away from the Razor electric scooters since they seem to be rated for smaller kids. Though, they do really well if you plan on modding them. A lot of people mod the Razor E300 on http://forum.modifiedelectricscooters.com.
Last edited by chozian on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By 4daKids
After reading a bunch of ezip reviews I'm a little leery of buying a new one. The Super Turbo 800 Elite (lol what a name) and the Super Turbo 1000 Lithium seem promising though, albeit somewhat pricey. There don't seem to be any used scooters come up around me.

So one of the motors burned out on my kids Viper. […]

I have a Power Wheels Duner racer. I upgraded it t[…]

introduction

Hello everyone just getting into this new hobby an[…]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course