KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By taz11
So........ Somewhere on this site is a thread where one of you guys commented on my son's driving abilities and said something to the effect of "can wait to see what you do when he moves up to gas power".....

I can't find it....'cause the search feature su.....Stinks :?

Anyway....you may get your chance (whoever you were)

The wife gave the "OK" last night :D

Our summer plans for 2012...........

BMQMAcover.jpg

Don't worry...... we will still play with Power Wheels during the week :D ;)
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By bricklayer99
Edit postReport this postReply with quoteRe: REVEIW- Banebots 775 18volt motor
by bricklayer99 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Taz I can honestly say that I cant wait for your boy to get older and you move to gas powered rides. i wanna see what you come up with on a dune buggy or quad. Just let us know which forum you go to

Congrats! Its gonna be awesome
By taz11
Ha! I knew it was here somewhere... :lol:

Not alot of room in the rules for "home engineering". I'll just keep it as an off topic thread on here :D

Power wheels racing is much cheaper....but the events are few and far between. "The Bug"is growing in my son and mine is getting restless :shock: . This should be every Friday night. If I had more funding, there are enough tracks within a few hours drive to run Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I'm sticking with Fridays for now. I'm actually going up there tonight (weather permitting) to start my "research :D "
By taz11
October 15th is the day! He gets his first ride.

The "Driving Experience" offers a handful of cars for potential drivers to come take a test spin before you shell out thousands for your own equipment (OUCH).
By Whitepup
Holy crap dude, thats awesome! Good luck!
By hotrodtodd
taz11 wrote:October 15th is the day! He gets his first ride.

The "Driving Experience" offers a handful of cars for potential drivers to come take a test spin before you shell out thousands for your own equipment (OUCH).

Thats pretty cool they offer up a test spin of what they will be racing.Can't wait to see you all "grow into the next level" 8-)
I can only hope to get these boys down to the local dirt track on friday nights for go kart racing sometime in the next year or two.I know Dad is ready to wrench on something else.... :o
By taz11
Pullin out and headin' north very soon...

Pumped!!!!!! :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :roll:
By Biehldm
1/4 are cool.They are almost shelf built because of rules.Hang on to your wallet.
Last edited by Biehldm on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Biehldm wrote:Hang on to your wallet.

Yeah.......You guys better start buying more parts! :lol: :lol: :?
By taz11
Some pics up in this thread..... http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5215&p=40513#p40513

Video to come.

James did a fair job of wheeling his borrowed ride. He was a bit jerky at times, I think the larger (than ours) track threw off his rythm.

The big shocker was my bouncing baby "Bean". I signed my daughter up so she would be included in the day. I had decided not to persue a car purchase for her next year. They are pricy and she has little interest in commiting to anything. Well.....she pretty much nailed it! She earned some comments from active members and sent us all to rethink things. She smiled ear to ear the whole time. Might have to start looking for 2 cars :? ...KACHING$$$$$ :shock:
By taz11
Some videos from yesterday.

All the cars used yesterday had the begginer "Red" restrictor plate (I believe it has a 5/16 hole :shock: ) and a remote kill switch just incase.
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By drew510
Taz, how old is your daughter? She did awesome! I love the comments from your wife while she was getting harnessed in - Are you going to take a picture? You're not even going to take one picture? If it wasn't for her Jersey accent, i would swear that was MY wife, lol.
By taz11
BOMBSHELL!!!!!!! Wife says to me the other night....." I don't see why you can't get Charlene a car too, its not fair to her since she liked it so much".

DOH!!!!! Now, the whole "fair" thing pisses me off 'cause we all know life is not fair and I plan to teach my kids that now.........But........in this case I took the ball and ran with it :shock: :lol: "yeah, I think your right" :D :D
By taz11
After a delay due to the weather....... My daughters ride for next year is home :D

It's not top of the line....but I can work with it and I could almost afford it :roll:
qm.jpg
qm4.jpg
qm2.jpg
By drew510
Sweet!!! My wife was raised in a family where everything had to be "fair" so as not to upset siblings - down to telling the kids how much was spent on each of them for whatever the occasion. Gimme a break. It took all the fun out of things like Christmas or birthdays because they knew how much would be spent on them, so they'd just go out and pick out exactly what it was they wanted. The folks would buy it but they couldn't use it until the day of the birthday/Christmas, etc. It surfaces once in a while in our house, but not nearly as bad.

I showed the videos of your daughter to mine and unfortunately, she was not all that excited about it.
By taz11
drew510 wrote:I showed the videos of your daughter to mine and unfortunately, she was not all that excited about it.

Lucky for your wallet ;)

It took 3 days to get her to take off the pit pass wristband :shock:
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Biehldm
What year is it?What engines can you run?What did you have to give for it?Years back my best friend was the crew chief on robin Macalls car when she won the national championship.Now she is married to wally dallenbach and her kid is now into legends.
By taz11
This is an older Butler chassis. The car has been updated to run offset. It has a Storm front axle and a bunch of Nervo parts on it. It is basicly a mutt. It should clean up nice. I didn't want new stuff for the beginner class....it all gets tore up.

They will be running a Honda 120 with a red (5/16) restrictor plate.

The car, pile of extra wheels and misc parts, Nomex jacket, neck collar, and arm restaints ....Paid $1000. Not a steal, but quite fair. The average used car sells around here for $2000-$3500. The other car, that I don't have in my posession yet, is setting me back $1400. That one is an older Storm chassis.
By aVWguy
lol i remember my gokart days ... had a little machine about like the second one with an old (60's?) mac10 chainsaw engine... in an 1/8th mile drag not a V8 car in town could touch it :D ................................. after that 1/8th mile the cars got theyre HEAVY butts moveing and passed me though :x
By TerryInLeesburg
I am feeling a sense of loss....

Taz is growing up :(

Hope you will have another kid soon so you will stay on and keep us inspired with new projects.
By taz11
TerryInLeesburg wrote:Hope you will have another kid soon so you will stay on and keep us inspired with new projects.

That aint hap'nin!
By aVWguy
time to stare addin gas power and real tires to the old projects ;)
As most of you know by now....I can't leave anything alone :? :lol: .

So I figured since I'm leaving the power wheels in limbo for a time (priorities...these have a deadline) I'll make this thread an off topic project. It still a kids ride on/in......... right? Just not battery powered.

The first one is my daughters Butler. It starts out just like a power wheel. An hour or two and a pile of parts in the corner.

butler 004.jpg
butler 003.jpg
butler 001.jpg

At one time the car was powder coated, then painted silver, then painted blue. There were some small cracks in the powder coat and some surface rust was starting underneath. I decided to strip the frame to make sure it was still solid. The rust was minimal and turned out not to be an issue...... but I now have a whole car to strip. I could get it baked off but I prefer to spend my limited budget on go fast parts. So....it was off to HD for a $9 can of paint stripper.

It'll probably take me a week to finish......but getting those multiple layers of old garbage off feels great! I think it will look pretty good with a few cans of fresh paint on it. Powder coat is more durable, but costs more and it is very difficult to touch up.

Two nights work so far.....

butler 002.jpg
Those are a good deal.They would take 2000 cash.Depends on what you get for spares.If you find someone moving up or someone getting out they have more spares.TAZ load the chassis up around midnight and got to the local carwash with alot of stripper and powerwash the paint off.
Wow, around here that is a steal! I don't recognise the chassis, they look older........which is just what you want to start. :D

Dont be the fool to spend $3500 on a car and have your kid decide that he doesn't want to do it anymore after 6 months :o
After the Holiday madness passed...I got back to work on this......

I'm against the clock. Sign-up is Feb 15th, and tech inspections start after that. I stil have another car to go over. (hopefully, not to this extent)

So...not a speck of paint or powder coat left! I've cut off multiple unused brackets, and welded some back on in more useful locations. I also refabricated 3 shock mounts and added a roof bar to the main cage.
butler 003.jpg

Saturday, I went over to my buddy's house (he builds bodies as a side job) and whipped up some new panels for it. I retained the rear tail cone and the fiber glass panel on the drivers right side. Everything else is new....still has the plastic film covering on it. I had a blast as there were 4 of us down in his basement building bodies for 3 different cars.
butler 005.jpg

I'm hoping to spray the frame this week.
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Well......it's PURPLE!

...so is my shop, boots, and everything I blow out of my nose............and I had a mask :? :roll:

Pics to come at some point.
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biehldm wrote:What color are you going to paint the body panels and fuel cell, or are you going to leave them black?

The plan is black .....with pink, purple, and blue stripes/numbers

Remember the other car?...well, I'm going all out on that one too. I stripped it while this one was curing. After getting a close look I decided to strip the 4 coats of powder coat off that one :shock: . I'm not attempting that with paint stripper! I'll be there for a month! I dropped it off at the powder coaters and its getting burned off this week. I figured a month of my life was worth the extra $70 (my wife agreed). I'm still going to paint it.....not ready for the $200 to powder coat job.
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sounds good.Are we having fun yet?When is the first race?Went to monster trucks last weekend and they had the local 1/4 midget cars and kids there and I got my grandson(he is almost 5) in one and his eyes lit up like 200 watt light bulbs.They start down here on asphalt in mid febuary.Yea 70.00 is a good deal and alot less painful on the old body.
The sign-up meeting is Feb 15th. Beginner training is sometime in March.

YES...having fun.......STOKED! 8-) :lol: :D :D
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan13 wrote:Funny how the kids rides get more attention and look better than some of mom and dads rides :shock: :o ;) :lol: :lol:

Actually...I finally overhauled "dads ride" that has been sitting for the better part of a year. :shock:

......but....How else were we going to tow the kids toys to the track?
taz11 wrote:
Dylan13 wrote:Funny how the kids rides get more attention and look better than some of mom and dads rides :shock: :o ;) :lol: :lol:

Actually...I finally overhauled "dads ride" that has been sitting for the better part of a year. :shock:

......but....How else were we going to tow the kids toys to the track?

:lol: :lol:
Just some quick updates......

On the home stretch for now......
QM 001.jpg
QM 002.jpg

Number 2 is underway....mocking up the seat mounts. After they are installed it's time for paint.
QM 003.jpg

Since bumpers are $50+...And I had a tubing bender hanging around from my big car days.....I sprung for a 5/8 die set to make my own..$180 The first set came out Ok for being out of practice. The key is that they fit without spreading or prying! :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
QM 005.jpg
Biehldm wrote:Not bad for an OLD stock car driver.You are sending those off to the chrome shop correct???

You buyin'? :lol: :lol: :lol:

...oh....and is your CAPS lock stuck? :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just checking to see if you are paying attention.When you go to the chrome shop around here some them ship it to mexico,plate it and send it back.Alot cheaper than in US.They do a great job,very thick and shinny.We used to do that with the 600 cc r6 yamaha powered mini sprint.Freight would be a bitc- back and forth.
Update...... Just came out of my make-shift paint booth.... I LOOK LIKE A SMURF! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pics later after I clean up.
Tube bending: Most people take it for granted, but it is like artwork when you can get it right....especially when you can do it without overthinking. Nice work Taz.
taz11 wrote:Update...... Just came out of my make-shift paint booth.... I LOOK LIKE A SMURF! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which Smurf?
ms1120 wrote:
taz11 wrote:Update...... Just came out of my make-shift paint booth.... I LOOK LIKE A SMURF! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which Smurf?

PAPA SMURF :P

I forgot also....Get Up , rub some dirt on it, get[…]

Jeep Hurricane Radio

I have a Jeep Hurricane but the radio unit doesn't[…]

8-)

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

There's different versions of the Crazy Cart so ch[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course