KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
WE???????? I didn't notice you in the shop today? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ready to load in the morning. Complete except the stripes and cosmetic details. I got the numbers on.
WOW That car flies! :o :D :D :D :D :D

It wasn't too late on Saturday....about 9:30.
Not done with the vinyl yet. This is how it went on Sunday.

qm 002.jpg
qm 005.jpg
May 10 results. "Beginners only night" Jr Novice cars only.

Charlene....
4th in the heat.
2nd in the feature....after being sent to the rear with 11 to go. (oooops :roll: )

All other classes...... Opener on Friday
Ready for opening night! WAHOO!!!!!

qm 006.jpg

Graphics change per driver request......

qm 009.jpg

And... a tribute to their favorite pet....... to look over them......

qm 007.jpg
qm 008.jpg
5-17 feature results

Charlene...Jr Novice 2nd
James.... Jr Honda 2nd
James....Jr Animal 4th........Crew chief really blew it on gear selection in this car........ :oops: :roll:

Running 3 cars in one night is going to kill me!...EEE GADs :roll: :roll: :roll: !
Last edited by taz11 on Sat May 18, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beginner
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvot0tQxyY0&list=UU-8Hvve8y_KXFYJ68AJrorQ&index=3[/video]

Novice
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBctN5hEfjc&list=UU-8Hvve8y_KXFYJ68AJrorQ&index=2[/video]

Jr Animal
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6BM53emV2c&list=UU-8Hvve8y_KXFYJ68AJrorQ&index=1[/video]
Looks like a fun night for sure. Where were you on the gear a bit too tall and bogging out of the corner?

Going to have to get out there one Friday this year, good fun for sure.

As an aside, when we were down in Florida I found a go-cart track and they had kid carts, Syd drove a gas cart for the first time ever, I think she liked it a bit too much. I keep telling my wife I think we should get them into Jr. Dragster. (Mostly just to annoy my wife lol!)
May 31 Results

Charlene: Jr novice (beginner) heat 4th, feature 7th.......Yeah, we all have those days.....
James: Jr Honda (novice) Heat 1st, Feature 2nd
James: Jr Animal: Heat 1st, Feature 2nd
Someday I Suppose wrote:WTG James, nice results for sure. Same cars in the heat and feature or was it a winner from another heat race who topped him in the main?

Both Honda classes run 2 features. The first half of heat finish order from both heats runs the (A)feature. Back half of both heats run the (B) feature. Charlene and James both ran the (A) feature.

The Animal class only has about 8 cars right now so they run the same group. James goofed up his line and left the door wide open for the #10. That's James' best buddy Adam in the #10 (he was at the PW races last fall) That adds just a bit more burn to his mistake :o :lol: :roll:
I bet he won't do that again.Nice job james.Charlene will get them back.She just playing the shy little girl to get them sucked in then BAM.Need to tell her to wink at them when she goes by them on the outside.The boys will wonder,what the hell just happened and their crew chiefs will be kicking them in the butts.Got passed by a girl on the outside?How can that happen?Yes and she winked at me as she went by!
She has waved before..... :? :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VIDEOS are up on my you tube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/taz11xx

The 3 features are at the top. I figured if I kept embedding them the thread would eventually take 6 years to load :roll: .

I found this one while surfing...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-OFWv2XbOE Not my video but it shows my "little bean" (Charlene) taking second from 3 weeks back. Cool since my wife did not record that week.
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
On the # 8 feature.Looks like james needs to round the corners more.He comes in to low and the car pushes coming out.That yellow car is fast out front.He is smooth and has nice line in the corners.Keep after them james.
Yeah, I agree. I've mentioned that to him a few times.

A rounder corner would allow him to stay in the throttle longer and also scrub of less speed.

He's actually improved on that quite a bit, just have to go a little more.

Now...to get him to believe it :roll: !
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thats a hard thing to learn, naturally you want to get into the corner as quickly as you can, but then your early to the apex and push out on the back side of the turn. I'm sure its more pronounced in the faster cars as well, where last year he could hold that tighter line now its starting to be more about being smooth and being able to get back into the power quicker. Fun to watch for sure. I give you a ton of props for all the time and work!
June 14th results

Charlene: Jr Novice, Heat 6th, Feature 5th
James: Jr Honda, Heat 1st, Feature 1st WAHOO! first win in Jr Honda!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8-)
James: Jr Animal, Heat 1st, Feature 5th....Spun out of 2nd place with 4 to go.....OOOOps
Nice Job James!

After a year of trying.......

james win2 6-14-13.jpg
james win 6-14-13.jpg

under heavy pressure from 2nd place.......

james2 6-14-13.jpg
Biehldm wrote:Way to go James and Crew Chief.Did we change our line in the corners any like we talked about?

It was discussed.....Needs to be discussed again.
Give him that look and then put a pop knot on his head and explain again.That race 2 or 3 weeks ago was perfect film.Once car got by it left him behind.He will figure it out.Hopefully sooner than later.Keep after him crew chief.You know how those drivers get.They need a swift kick in the tail pipe every once in a while.
Man I'm toast.... 90 degrees , out in the sun all day.......brain melt.

Sunday show, "beat the clock" timed qualifying.

Results.

Charlene; Qualified 4th. Feature 4th
James Jr Honda; Qualified 4th. Feature 3rd
James Jr Animal; Qualified on the pole setting a new track record in the process.....YEHA! Feature got rough. Dropped to 2nd, tangled with another car and got sent to the rear. Worked back up to 3rd
gotta love that!!

Yeah buddy! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D

Drove home with a cold bottle of water on my forehead....walked up to the pool and stood with my head over the side in the water...

BRUTAL!!!!!!!
....I'd be dead. As I get older I find that my body no longer tolerates stuff like that. I've never owned an air conditioner until I was over 30.....and that was for my wife. Now i cant get through the day without "cooling" breaks.

On the flip side....bet you'd love 15 degrees plus a wind chill :D :P
Hey you can always layer clothes.But you can only take off so much.I have grown up in a/c and can't sleep when hot and sticky unless self caused.Thats why we have this darn habit.Me to I find I need to cool off also.Used to I could go all day and not feel anything not now at 54.

Anybody looking at you alittle funny now with the track record?
Last edited by Biehldm on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That would be the track record with the home engineered chassis 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Hey..it ain't braggin' if its true! :lol: :lol:

They put it on the board, pulled the plate, and the spark plug. They seemed satisfied and stopped there. They failed a couple cars Sunday (I think for a track width issue) ..but all of ours were good.

His line was perfect in qualifying. Went all haywire in the feature. I think he is subconsciously protecting the bottom going in......which really screws up coming off. Ran 125 RPM faster in qualifying....that's how much difference the line makes.
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very nice on home built chassis.Must have been home built port a power for the bender.See that should make better case on running correct line around track.It is hard to leave the door open on the bottom.But should be fast down straight to get them before next corner.
New Videos on Youtube "taz11xx"

Charlene looks to be suffering from "lack-o-wanna". Bad line????? What line????
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taz wow on the RPM and difference of the line, that is huge in those cars. A few weeks ago I hooked up with one of the drivers from the Whelen tour, his little brother is running mods up at Mountain and does the same thing with pinching the corner. I think as you said its that thought of protecting the bottom, but also I think the excitement of the race and just diving into the corner. With the mod its not only messing up the line but causes a tight loose condition where he turns the wheel more to try to make the car rotate and then gets into the gas and with all the steering input gets loose quick.

Oh no on Charlene and Lack o wanna lol too funny though.
June 28 results......

Tow an hour
Unload
Push off the first car and the seas parted and fell on our location......... OMG! Haven't seen rain like that in a long time. One station reported 2.5 inches in 30 minutes... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Reload in the water and mud and all that comes with it.....

Tow an hour home....... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Today's forecast (July 5).......Heat index of 100 degrees.......lovely. I think I prefer the monsoon. :roll:
I love racing.It is like a box of chocolatesv you never know what the heck you will get.Got you beat.Loaded midget,flew driver in from Denver.Hauled 5 hours to Houston in 100 heat.Got less than 1/4 mile from track and same as you the bottom fell out.Turn around eat BBQ and 5 hours home.BUMMER.
Well..... after a few mediocre weeks.....and a down rite POOR showing last week (got eaten by the bear) that resulted in some bent race cars :?

They got it together last night....got that bear back :D :D :D Winning the Beginner and novice features (and the heats) :D

j&c win.jpg
parts 005.jpg

James followed up with a strong 2nd in Jr Animal.
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
this seems to be a true statement in my expeirience lol
14820_485329854892154_85674869_n.jpg

So I'm looking at my new Dune Racer Extreme. The s[…]

Newbie with unknown car..

Hi all, Great Forum here, lots of good informati[…]

TL:DR - Is there any difference in the 9993 and […]

The 600A i think has the option to select the amp[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course