KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By blake711
Continued from old site here

Just picked up this box of goodies today for $20 bucks thanks to Pegperegooooo for giving me an idea of what they are worth. Here is the add http://tulsa.craigslist.org/tag/2119828215.html and here is a photo of the big old box of goodies. Wife said I couldn't give them to them or he wouldn't be excited on Christmas. So I did pick out a couple of the push trains a firetruck and toe truck since he loves them. Told him Santa sent him a packaged early.
geotrax.jpg
geotrax.jpg (90.44 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
Attachments
geo-trax-pumkins.jpg
This is them playing with new trains. They found their old pumpkin shirts from Halloween year before last and were playing with them when I got home.
By pegperegooooo
I think it was Dozer that asked if I had any pics of our's set up. As I said on the last site, it's a process, a very, very, very long process. Here's about 2 hours worth of setup with the "help" of the 2 & 4 year old.

This is pre-chaos
geo1.jpg
geo1.jpg (81.36 KiB) Viewed 7676 times

This is the beginning.
geo4.jpg
geo4.jpg (97.72 KiB) Viewed 7676 times

The end....well with 5 days until Christmas....is not in sight.
By taz11
I'm likin' that room......Very cool. Toys are a plus too ;)
By pegperegooooo
If you like the "Train Room" you'd want to move into the nearly completed basement that now holds the pool table along with other "Daddy LIKES's" items.
By blake711
Well I have to work all this weekend Thur-Sun 7am-7pm so we talked to santa and he made an early delivery so we could have christmas this morning. This was the first setup for my son this morning. The stuff I bought for 20 bucks has a ton of big pieces but only a couple pieces of track. A few are switching tracks so that was good. Here is the setup I did last night. This is the timbertown new, the bag at TRU and the Christmas Circle at TRU all added plus some stuff from the box of stuff. A fire station, Grand central I guess and other little things.

christmas1.jpg

This was second go round this morning. I am attempting to make it so the trains can change direction. I can only get them to change once then its stuck in the second circle. Any quick tips on how I Can make them go in and out of two tracks and change directions?
christmas2.jpg

Also on the trains and controllers I noticed there is a code stamped on the bottom. on my new controller it has the same code on train and controller. I only got one extra controller in my box of stuff but the train it goes to had corroded batts in it and I Can't get it to work. Is that code a way to find other remotes that work with them?
By pegperegooooo
There's left and right hand switch tracks, you'd need at least one of each if I'm think correctly to be able to switch back and forth between tracks. They also make a bigger switch track thats a "T". Here's a link that has a bunch of good info and layout ideas.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=geotrax

As for the remote codes, I'm not sure what they mean or how to tell what the actual frequency they operate on. I know's it's IR based, not RF and there's some overlap. The best way to tell if the remote is functioning other than having a working train is if it makes sound or not. Your remote is for the Pacific Cheif Train if I remember right, Red/Yellow/Gray. There's a little picture of the train it operates on the sticker on top. If the engine is shot due to corrosion your best bet would be e-bay and patience.

Trains without remotes when functional, generally will light up and go for a split second when the button on top is pushed.

As a footnote battery powered trains can be pushed also without damaging them. The gear will disengage when pushed.
By blake711
Thanks I got about half a dozen trains in that lot. All of them light up when I put in batts except for the one that the control goes to. I will take it apart see if I can figure it out.
By pegperegooooo
I RE-found a website that is awesome for info on all the older stuff. I looked for it a month ago and couln't find it but it's back. It even has instruction manuals for almost all of the sets.

Here's the link.
http://www.maxgeotrax.com/default.asp
By blake711
sweet thanks for the site. On the first page of layouts it showed this http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... ip&tipid=4 and that helped me right off. I was able to make two loops and hook them together and now it opens all kinds of posibilities up. Plan to hit TRU to pick up some of those other pieces you were talking about I saw them this morning when i was looking at their site.
By pegperegooooo
Geotrax are not only fun and exciting for kids of all ages, they also have the ability to perform magic on many people.......money will magically disappear from the bank account as your collection grows, and it will always grow. Just thought I'd warn you.
By pegperegooooo
Common conversation here and I suspect at most houses.

Wife: OK enough is enough, this is rediculous, you're out of control.
Husband: Ah......Um.......Ok. :roll:

Conversation when friends and family come to visit.
Wife: You have to come see what (insert your name) did with (insert toy), you won't believe it!! It's amazing!!
Husbands says nothing but smiles inside. ;)
By blake711
Yesterday my son went and told mommy. MORE TRACKS MOMMY. I lmro.
By hypo21
pegperegooooo wrote:Common conversation here and I suspect at most houses.

Wife: OK enough is enough, this is rediculous, you're out of control.
Husband: Ah......Um.......Ok. :roll:

Conversation when friends and family come to visit.
Wife: You have to come see what (insert your name) did with (insert toy), you won't believe it!! It's amazing!!
Husbands says nothing but smiles inside. ;)

That is so true... makes it all a cycle... :D
By colinandmylesmom
I must say too, that besides Power wheels , Geotrax is the #2 obsession in the house. I love them, all the cool pieces, so does my 5 year old. Our 1 year old just likes to destroy the remote trains by pushing them on his own and ruining the gears! :evil:

pegperegooooo, if you ever go to sell some of that, let me know, there's 3 pieces I'm in search of that we don't have, that Colin & I both want, he keeps seeing pictures online as I search and he's constantly saying "buy me that".

I love all this stuff too, except when my son decides to hand me all the controllers and starts yelling out for me to get the trains going again, when he has like 10 of them on the track at once, it gets crazy, and I usually give up and leave the room, he's like a mean boss yelling at me!

I forgot to add too blake, that big wheel you have, we have one of those new in the box, we also have an original "Big Wheel", not sure whether to bother opening the Radio Flyer one, if it works good or not, I had got it for 20 bucks on clearance at Walmart a few months ago.
By blake711
I bought mine last year on BF for 39 shipped then walmart and Amazon both had them this year for that price. I think my local walmart even went down to 30 or 35 there at the end. They had all kids of prices slashed last weekend. It was nuts big yellow tonka trucks were $10 bucks..
By colinandmylesmom
I forgot to add, Toys R Us dropped the price of the Christmas Geo Trax set to $77 the last few days (was $140, down to $100 for awhile, then back to $140, then down to $77).

So grab one if you stop by there and still want one, I bought one for $100, so I returned it and got another one for the $77. I'll keep the receipt just incase they drop it again after Christmas!
By blake711
yeah I saw it yesterday for that price. Was planning on doing some shopping Monday when I Am off hopping to find one even cheaper then.
By dozer
Finnally got around to the pictures
We set this up Christmas eve in 3 hrs. I thought it would take up more space.
the ramp up to the table will be changed soon. the trains just fly off the turn on the way down.
Attachments
100_9916.jpg
100_9916.jpg (93.79 KiB) Viewed 7583 times
100_9914.jpg
By blake711
what I found on any downward elevation changes. you want some flat track to decrease speed before a turn. You could come down a step some strait, then down more then more strait and so on. Or just go down and then add a few straits before the turn. Otherwise crashes ensue.
Looks very cool though.
By pegperegooooo
dozer wrote:Finnally got around to the pictures
We set this up Christmas eve in 3 hrs. I thought it would take up more space.
the ramp up to the table will be changed soon. the trains just fly off the turn on the way down.

You have the DRAWBRIDGE! It's one of the few buildings we don't have, very cool.
Use the guardrail on turns after a downhill. If you have 2 or more drops you need a piece or two of straight before the guardrailed turns. Looks good though. Those red clock towers are desireable too.
By colinandmylesmom
Did anyone see this, they supposedly have every piece made except this years.

http://missoula.craigslist.org/tag/2121038818.html

$3K is a bit much though, like a $1,000, I'd buy it :)

There's a few pieces we're still in search of, Rescue Tower, Water Works Geo Motion piece, Covered Switching Signs Bridge & Roundhouse (hopefully getting this week with a "lot" I'm buying off craigslist), and a few more remote trains we still want.
By pegperegooooo
colinandmylesmom wrote:Did anyone see this, they supposedly have every piece made except this years.

http://missoula.craigslist.org/tag/2121038818.html

$3K is a bit much though, like a $1,000, I'd buy it :)

There's a few pieces we're still in search of, Rescue Tower, Water Works Geo Motion piece, Covered Switching Signs Bridge & Roundhouse (hopefully getting this week with a "lot" I'm buying off craigslist), and a few more remote trains we still want.

That's an awesome set. I agree the price is crazy. I did see one similar size on Ebay a few months back listed as the worlds largest geotrax set starting price was 99 cents with no reserve. I expected it to bring 1,000 - 1,500 and it only brought a little over 300, shipping was fixed at 100 anywhere in country. I almost bid but my wife threatened to mame me.
By pegperegooooo
We worked on the train room for another two hours this morning. We're maybe 1/3 of the way set up, I took pics but the sun is shining very bright today and they're hard to see so I'll try again later. But I wanted to correct a statement I made on the old forum that we had almost 30 remote trains. We actually have 24 if anybody is counting. I got rid of all our doubles a few months back and hadn't lined them up for a long time.

Here's a pic of the trains (they won't be organized again anytime soon)
geo5trains.jpg
Geotrax Trains Lined up
geo5trains.jpg (97.68 KiB) Viewed 7555 times
By pegperegooooo
Here's the pic of our geotrax about a third of the way set up. I'm about 4-5 hours into it. There's obviously unlimited ways to set it up, but we like to make it all one circuit so the train travels every piece. Our boys like to load up the trains with peeps and deliver them accross town.

geo6partial.jpg
1/3 set up
geo6partial.jpg (86.13 KiB) Viewed 7552 times
By dozer
Ok had to remove the tall ramp that came down from the table. Made it into a some ramp circles. then changed the track on the other side. and we have a complete circuit. Had 7 trains running all at once.
Attachments
100_9925.jpg
By dozer
I have a car for the trains that I can't match up any where.
it's red looks like a caboose and as it rolls it dings a little bell inside it. Know what it goes with?

Also we have the snow plow but not the little snowmoblie that comes with it. Anyone got an extra?

the disadvantage of buying used is the little bits go missing.
By blake711
dozer how much did that set cost you?

Yeah buying new is EXPENSIVE! I Can't believe how much these things are per track. Even ebay prices are nuts. I went to TRU the other night to get some switching pieces. I need more strait pieces but you always end up with more curves and signs and crap in store bought packs.
By colinandmylesmom
I always thought we should have a for sale/wanted section for kids toys in general , on the old board, and now maybe we should on this board! I just sold a ton of our track, all the switching pieces!, as we had way too many of them! I'm buying Three Lots of items this week, I'm sure I'll end up having some stuff I don't need.

Then for stuff like Geotrax, or toys that are small enough to ship, we could do it, and not bother with Ebay, or Craigslist, etc if some people wanted. I think I'll go mention that now :)

I already got extra Grey Risers, some guardrails, some extra freight cars & a GeoMotion Windmill I was planning to sell .
By pegperegooooo
dozer wrote:Ok had to remove the tall ramp that came down from the table. Made it into a some ramp circles. then changed the track on the other side. and we have a complete circuit. Had 7 trains running all at once.

It's chaos when all the trains are on at once, we have a 6 train limit at one time. The rest need to stay in the train yard. Niced set up.
By pegperegooooo
The prices are crazy for what it is. I think I put on the last site that I think the best thing to do if just starting out is to buy a massive set on E-bay for a couple hundred bucks. Not many people are willing to spend much more than $300 at a chunk to buy these no matter how big the set is. But of course you need to be informed and the set needs to be huge.
By pegperegooooo
Here's a really good lot of Geotrax with lots of hard to find items for anyone interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GeoTrax-Lot-/220715 ... 3363b2cb0d

Has:
Big City Lights
Lighthouse
Drawbridge
Rocky Falls Tunnel
and more buildings

4 Remote Trains:
Clover Express - Special Edition
Ocean Side Flyer
Highland Scenic Express ?

It's worth $100.00 - $125.00 IMO. Obviously the price you're willing to pay is up to you but the Lighthouse, Drawbridge and Clover Express always bring good money.
By colinandmylesmom
Basically each little building is $15-20 at the store, the larger ones like Big City Lights were mostly sold in the mega sets for like $80-130...with a bit of track & a train, so just add up the prices of that auction there, and you realize that's like $350-600 worth of stuff there! Clover Express is my favorite train, that and GEO...the remoteless train.

Picked up a set today, just so we could get the Christmas train that looks like Sir John.

Friday I'm picking up a really huge lot Colin & I are both excited about, as it's got several buildings we don't have including the Water Works one I really wanted (many of which we did have, but I had sold when we were downsizing at one point, just like Power Wheels, we get the quantity down, then end up buying more again).

I know we'll end up with too much track, so I'll probably be selling a bunch of that, along with all these risers I have.
By colinandmylesmom
I forgot to say too, yeah, if you buy several "lots" of items, sell the extra larger pieces or whatever on Ebay, most the items go for good $$ if they are retired pieces. Last year I was getting like $40 for the clock towers & Harbor Lighthouse and like $80 for a nice big lot of track/risers. Like today I just bought the set for $35 to get the train we didn't have, I'll jut sell everything else that came with it (Grand Central & tons of track & Aero Remote Train).
By pegperegooooo
Are you just buying of E-Bay or do you have another secret source?
By dozer
pegperegooooo wrote:
dozer wrote:Ok had to remove the tall ramp that came down from the table. Made it into a some ramp circles. then changed the track on the other side. and we have a complete circuit. Had 7 trains running all at once.

It's chaos when all the trains are on at once, we have a 6 train limit at one time. The rest need to stay in the train yard. Niced set up.

7 was all my wife could manage. I was changing batteries. Do you guys use rechargeables.

Blake The fisher price warehouse is near us and they have sales every now and then.

We paid $40 for the grand central station and $25 for the airplane with the track and control tower and $5 each for 3 sets of extra track.

Then on kijiji we paid $50 for one lot $70 for another and when I went to pick up Peg motorcycle ended up with another large box for $40.
Theres also another air tower (old style) and a couple of the buildings that drop the pipes and of course some track. that are in bins right now.

C&M mom I"m interested in the extra risers you have

Anyone know what that little caboose I mentioned above is from.
By colinandmylesmom
Ok Dozer, I'll let you know about the risers.

We use rechargeables in the Trains, and just regular ones in the remotes since those last a long time. We bought a bunch of rechargeables on Ebay, as they were cheaper, they definitely saved us alot of $$ . We are constantly charging and rotating the batteries, I am buying more rechargeables today since we got more trains for Christmas.

I'll take pics of the other items I have maybe someone will be interested.

I just buy mine off Craigslist and at yard sales, that's where I found our first huge lot and it snowballed from there. I think I may have bought one item off Ebay, Big City Lights, as I just had to have it!, everything else is all Craigslist, I got lucky finding some huge lots, like the biggest rubbermaid containers they make filled with the stuff, I've probably spent around $1,000 for all the stuff we have.
By pegperegooooo
I'm addicted to CL now. I was never on it until I saw some of the PW deals people were getting on here. Now I look all the time, but we're in a rural area so there's not much around here. Yard sales are the best, I got tons of the older Imaginext building sites, the ones you have to assemble this past summer. I think I spent a total of $22.00 at three different yard sales and have 14-15 complete sets. I can never pass up Geotrax.
By colinandmylesmom
I made the mistake of showing my son those older Imaginext sets, he already has all the newer one piece style ones. So we got a couple of the older sets, and then just bought some more at the thrift store...bad idea! I hate putting these together when he asks, i'm not a fan of assembling items (except Geo Trax!) , I'm ready to just get rid of all the old styles :(

That site of Geotrax is pretty awesome. It's probably a waste for me to keep a spreadsheet of all the ones we have, but they did an awesome job getting the manuals and as many pics as they could.

All I know is I"m anxious about some of these other DISNEY CARS items coming out, like fillmore's tent, I want that one! I see you have "RED" Remote from CARS... I saw that online and didn't order it before Christmas, now can't find it, not that we really need it, but he is cool. I got Chick Hicks & Blue Dinoco Lightning and we haven't even used Dinico, I should have kept the box and returned it for a different train he's requesting.

I was sorta disappointed this year that Kohl's didn't have any Geo Trax, just the Disney Cars Remotes, they had tons of stuff last year, and with all their good sales, I got like 6 different remotes for $12 each there last year, and some sets. Walmart didn't have anything this year either. Toys R Us unfortunately rarely has any good sales, they did have one sale a few weeks ago, for 30% off or something, but we already had all the items they had in stock that day :(

Target seems to have some of the trains Colin still wants, but at like $28 after tax, they are a bit expensive. I did buy him a new one today only because I had a gift card to use up and we really don't shop at Target much.
By pegperegooooo
I got lucky with Red, Wal-mart.com was the only place that I found him at and it was out of stock, but I kept checking back and one night it was in stock. I placed the order as fast as I could. I went back on the site 5 minutes later to show my wife and it was out of stock again. And yeah I know Fillmore's tent and Luigi's is sitting on shelfs somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet......BUT WHEN I DO, I'll get scolded by my wife, followed by a "Well that's cute"

As for the Imaginext sets your feelings is why I got them so cheap. My big haul had I think 8 sets in it (3 FULL garbage bags) I looked at them for 2 seconds and the lady was like please buy them $10.00 for it all which was a $40.00 drop from the sticker she had on it. She dreaded the possibility of keeping the heaping pile. It did take us several hours to build them all just to get it organized and every single piece was there. We keep them in sets in containers.

I was surprised by Kohl's this year too, but I have to say I wasn't a fan of their building last year with the playmats. I always tell my wife "you can never have too many TRAX!!"
By pegperegooooo
dozer wrote:
pegperegooooo wrote:

7 was all my wife could manage. I was changing batteries. Do you guys use rechargeables.

Blake The fisher price warehouse is near us and they have sales every now and then.

We paid $40 for the grand central station and $25 for the airplane with the track and control tower and $5 each for 3 sets of extra track.

Then on kijiji we paid $50 for one lot $70 for another and when I went to pick up Peg motorcycle ended up with another large box for $40.
Theres also another air tower (old style) and a couple of the buildings that drop the pipes and of course some track. that are in bins right now.

C&M mom I"m interested in the extra risers you have

Anyone know what that little caboose I mentioned above is from.

It may be from a FP Fliptrack set. The vehicles are similar, if you have a pic I'll probably know if it's GeoTrax.
By colinandmylesmom
That went with this bridge.

By blake711
Yeah I went a little crazy on ebay. A lady was posting a ton of stuff over the last few days, she let me combine shipping. I ended up getting 21 of her auctions from for a total of 37 pieces for 56 shipped she charged me 10 for shipping. I figured that was a great deal.
By pegperegooooo
blake711 wrote:Yeah I went a little crazy on ebay. A lady was posting a ton of stuff over the last few days, she let me combine shipping. I ended up getting 21 of her auctions from for a total of 37 pieces for 56 shipped she charged me 10 for shipping. I figured that was a great deal.

And the addiction has begun.
Just getting started.

I believe his model came with two separate motors […]

Best choice pink Jeep 12v no power

Don't contact best choice because they wont help […]

Dune racer build up help

Yes the pedal still needs the ESC. The pedal prov[…]

The second link will be fine (assuming your drivin[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course