KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By NoahsKart
I've been meaning to give you guys an update on my (son's) first geo trax set . But it just took forever to find some down time to clean them up. When I got them, they were covered with dust so I dumped them in a tub filled with water and clorox for a day. (few days/weeks later) After a lot of scrubbing and rinsing, here are some pictures. I took peregoooooooooooo's advice and low balled the lady for $60. And much to my surprise she took my offer without any hesitation. I think she was just happy to get them out of her house. I could have low balled even more, now I think about it. Anyway I thought it was reasonable and I was pretty sure I would be able to recoup some of the money when my son is done playing with them.

There are four train engine & remote combos. But only two are working at this time. I don't know what the problem is with the other two. The LEDs do lit up so the problem might be with the remotes(?). Way too many tracks so I didn't even bother to count them. I will unveil them on his birthday in March.
DSC_0417.JPG
buildings
DSC_0417.JPG (172.4 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0420.JPG
trains
DSC_0420.JPG (157.08 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0422.JPG
risers and yellow something
DSC_0422.JPG (175.84 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0421.JPG
signs and trees
DSC_0421.JPG (179.4 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0423.JPG
green tracks
DSC_0423.JPG (178.7 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0424.JPG
brown tracks
DSC_0424.JPG (173.51 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0426.JPG
gray tracks
DSC_0426.JPG (171.36 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
DSC_0428.JPG
random track pieces
DSC_0428.JPG (173.94 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
Last edited by NoahsKart on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By blake711
60 is a steal imo. You got a a lot of good track. All those Ys get expensive. Plus a good amount of strait track and riser track. You did good also the fire truck train and the construction trains are awesome my son loves all his FT and Construction stuff. Also my kids love the Clock Tower. Its great to get 3 levels going with it.

Great deal on these at Kohls if yo can find them http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchen ... n+Town.jsp

I bought one of CL for 40. I had her down to 35 but she was prego so I let her have the full 40 since it was NIB. I checked all my local kohls but I think same lady cleaned them all out as I have seen her sell more than one.
Last edited by blake711 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pegperegooooo
That's a good deal every day of the week. As far as the remotes go the best tips I can give you for testing them is to video tape the 3 led looking bulbs on the front of them. When they're working you can see see them flashing on video (but not with your bare eyes). Here's some links to some of the sets you have in case you weren't sure.

Here's a link for mile high mountain
http://www.maxgeotrax.com/Item.asp?ID=C6994

Here's a link for pretty much the rest.
http://www.maxgeotrax.com/Item.asp?ID=G6173

The chrome engine is pretty rare. I'm assuming it only came with the big set, because you really don't see it too much. Again, great deal for all that, even if two trains don't work.
By blake711
I keep waiting on TRU to drop the price on their christmas set some more. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=4049879 I was in the store last week counted at least 10 in the clearance area at current price. Only one or two sold since the first of the year. They go below 50 I will grab one.

When I wasn't outside digging snow today. I put up a track for the kids today.
geotrax.jpg
geotrax.jpg (97.23 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
I am always short at least 1 or 3 of the 2in pieces. Never can have enough strait track.
By pegperegooooo
It's funny what you said about TRU's xmas set. I'm doing the same exact thing. It has to drop sooner than later. $130.00 is outrageous. $77.00 is about right, but $50.00 would be a deal.

Your set up's looking good Blake.
By NoahsKart
blake, i'm glad you posted that last picture. i had no idea that i had a bridge. i was just wondering what that piece was for.

i will try the video taping trick on the remotes. thanks.
By SAWBLADE
Thanks guys now i have a new hobby that i can't afford. lol :lol: It's all good my boy loved the train set my nephews have and geo taxs are way cooler then what they have and he loved that. So I bought him a set off ebay for his bday. His bday is Feb 15 he will be three. I think I got a pretty good deal. Three remote trains, and one push train and alot of track with Grand central station for $104. After his bday I will try to get some pics up of what I bought all set up. One of the trains I got in this action went for $51 on ebay by itself. So I feel pretty good on my buy. :o
By blake711
yeah I keep telling myself we don't need anymore but the more elevation you get the more fun it gets it seems.
By blake711
I got my eye on a big fat bunch right now. So hopefully I get it for cheap. If I do it will more than double my collection. at that point I imagine my wife will demand an addition to the house.

My sons favorite thing to tell my wife is "More track Mommy"
Last edited by blake711 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pegperegooooo
chozian wrote:I hope I don't get sucked into this. My wife would kill me! :P

If I remember right I tried to warn Blake about the addictive nature. :shock: Now he's too far gone.
By blake711
pegperegooooo wrote:
chozian wrote:I hope I don't get sucked into this. My wife would kill me! :P

If I remember right I tried to warn Blake about the addictive nature. :shock: Now he's too far gone.
So that is like the 12,763 time I didn't listen to a warning in my life. :P

Hey check your pm's also Peg I sent you one.
Last edited by blake711 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pegperegooooo
I thought I'd post some pics of the harder to find building that usually bring over $20.00 on a consistant basis. I'm sure I left a few out but it may be a help to somebody.
geotrax big city lights.jpg
geotrax big city lights.jpg (14.95 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
geotrax high chimes clock tower.jpg
geotrax high chimes clock tower.jpg (7.65 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
geotrax drawbridge.jpg
geotrax drawbridge.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
geotrax lighthouse.jpg
geotrax lighthouse.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
geotrax water works.jpg
geotrax water works.jpg (21.3 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
geotrax working roundhouse.jpg
geotrax working roundhouse.jpg (14.08 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
By blake711
well I missed out on the big lot. I am ready for spring so I can start hunting them at garage sales like power wheels.
By colinandmylesmom
The Toy Story set went on sale down to $50 I think instead of $80...I'm waiting to see if it drops more to get that one!

Colin hasn't been playing with his much, since he's got really into his Wii now. He literally plays it all day now (since it's freezing here & snowing all the time) so we're inside for a few more months.
By pegperegooooo
colinandmylesmom wrote:The Toy Story set went on sale down to $50 I think instead of $80...I'm waiting to see if it drops more to get that one!

Colin hasn't been playing with his much, since he's got really into his Wii now. He literally plays it all day now (since it's freezing here & snowing all the time) so we're inside for a few more months.

We have the Toy Story set (Got as a B-day Gift). I'm not a big fan of it. You need to use the big turns to connect to the bridge. They have a unique connection, it limits how you can use the pieces in a big set up. I'd say $50 is what it should have cost to start with. However the kids do like recreating the opening scene of TS3.
By pegperegooooo
Went to TRU yesterday and looked at the big christmas set. There really is quite a bit of stuff in it, the box is pretty heavy. I had it in my hands and ultimately just couldn't stomach the $78.00 for it. I was close to buying it because it was their last one, but just couldn't do it :cry: .
By blake711
that and then the 21 batteries it takes to run it all OUCH! They still show them online. If they ever drop the price I am sure you can grab one online for free ship.
By dozer
wow when I started this thread on the old site I had no idea what I was starting.
Sad thing is No one's touched the geo trax in our basement since just after christmas.
Does the interest go back up when they're a little older.
By pegperegooooo
My kids are 4 and 2 and their interest goes in peaks and valleys. I'm not sure if you have any of the GeoTrax DVD's or not by my 4 year old really likes to recreate the action in the movies. They play an average of an hour a day with the trains. Lego's have started taking over a bit for the 4 year old, but I think it's because it's new to him.
By blake711
when I have a track setup my son who just turned two will play with it every day. Regardless everyday he plays with the small men and his fire trucks from the geo trax.
By BlueLycanroc
Does anyone know how to repair a Geotrax train that won't go up hills? I already tried the method where you hit it against a hard surface but it doesn't work
Krylon Confusion

I like it. Very sharp. ;)

I think the 2.8x increase in speed (and correspond[…]

My son, who finally got interested in riding the j[…]

Thanks BigMac, I think she's holding the pedal do[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course