KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything you want to put here that is "G" rated that doesnt really fit anywhere else
By blake711
oh yeah its bad. I haven't seen any good deals on CL lately. Sons B-day is Jan 30th so I am trying to find the Fire trian and fire set that are in TRU and Target right now for his bday. I Really need to nip this in the bud before its as bad as PW addiction.
By pegperegooooo
We (OK just I) have the same problem. I get onto something neat and it's just not enough to have "some" of it, I need it all. We have a severe case of "GeoTraxosis", but we are slowly recovering from it only buying about half of the new realeases and of course any good deals on used stuff locally.

Another ailment we're suffering from is "DIsneyCarsitis" There's got to be over 200 by now. We still buy every new "regular" one we see. Just some of the CarToons ones, but I refuse to buy the color changers. I'm not sure why but I just won't. It seems this ailment will be something we just need to learn to deal with especially with Cars 2 coming out soon. I'm sure the symtoms will only get worse.
By chozian
pegperegooooo wrote:We (OK just I) have the same problem. I get onto something neat and it's just not enough to have "some" of it, I need it all. We have a severe case of "GeoTraxosis", but we are slowly recovering from it only buying about half of the new realeases and of course any good deals on used stuff locally.

Another ailment we're suffering from is "DIsneyCarsitis" There's got to be over 200 by now. We still buy every new "regular" one we see. Just some of the CarToons ones, but I refuse to buy the color changers. I'm not sure why but I just won't. It seems this ailment will be something we just need to learn to deal with especially with Cars 2 coming out soon. I'm sure the symtoms will only get worse.

I was the same way with Vtech V.Smile stuff for my kids. They have 2 home consoles (1 standard, 1 motion-controlled), 2 handheld consoles, a bunch of controllers, around 50 games, and a bag full of rechargeable batteries. I like them because the games are educational for younger children. Thankfully, I finally stopped buying them.
By blake711
well I was done until today at the mall returning some stuff. I stoped into the Seasonal TRU that was having 70% off before they closed the store down tomorrow. I Got two $20 sets for $13.00 out the door. The Rope and Ride and Chop and Haul add-ons. Two for less than the price of one you can't pass that up. Good thing I was meeting someone because if I would have had time to look around I am sure I would have spent way to much at 70% off. They said last day they are open is today so if you got one nearbye better hit it asap.
By colinandmylesmom
Here's a big lot I picked up over the weekend, 4 giant garbage bags full. Unfortunately most of it was doubles of what we had, but I just wanted a few of the pieces we didn't have (Gas Station, WAter Works , newer Firehouse, Lighthouse & Roundhouse). Everything else I need to sell as we don't have room for it all. :oops:

By pegperegooooo
That's a great lot having water works and the lighthouse and more. It's rare I find them like that. I usually stumble accross a workin town railroad here and there at yard sales.
By pegperegooooo
blake711 wrote:well I was done until today at the mall returning some stuff. I stoped into the Seasonal TRU that was having 70% off before they closed the store down tomorrow. I Got two $20 sets for $13.00 out the door. The Rope and Ride and Chop and Haul add-ons. Two for less than the price of one you can't pass that up. Good thing I was meeting someone because if I would have had time to look around I am sure I would have spent way to much at 70% off. They said last day they are open is today so if you got one nearbye better hit it asap.

That's a steal. If I were you I'd head back to look at more.....and my wife would yell at me tonight. :lol:
By blake711
that was the only two sets they had. It was a TRU test program I Guess where they do a seasonal store in the mall. I Bought both and left. They lots of other stuff I have been tempted to go do some of next years Christmas shopping. My trunk is already full of stuff for cousins B-days this year from other sales.
By colinandmylesmom
That sounds like me, I have 3 rubbermaids full of toys new in boxes for birthdays & Christmas's to come! There's presents my kids didn't even open from this christmas...they are getting saved for birthdays now :mrgreen:
By blake711
colinandmylesmom wrote:That sounds like me, I have 3 rubbermaids full of toys new in boxes for birthdays & Christmas's to come! There's presents my kids didn't even open from this christmas...they are getting saved for birthdays now :mrgreen:

I have to put them in the attic or have the wife get them out of my site. Otherwise I end up just giving them to the kids. Christmas is the whole month of december now that we have kids because I love seeing them open stuff. Drives her nutty.
By colinandmylesmom
Finally took a picture of all our Remote trains, Colin's favorite part of his Geo Trax collection.

Got 3 more on the way (all hard to find ones) this week, so I should have waited to take this pic!

Ugh, no matter how small I resize this pic, it keeps cutting off the edge when I post it on here :evil:
Last edited by colinandmylesmom on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By pegperegooooo
I see you have the Midnight Flyer and Albright Trucking, both very cool. We had the back cars for the midnight flyer and remote for a long time, no engine though. The detail in the dining car is really neat.

I've wanted to get the Albright Trucking and the Yellow Dump Truck (Not the MIX & GO) for a long time and have yet to come accross them. Nice collection.
By pegperegooooo
Did 2 more hours of work setting up today. I'm about 2/3's of the way there. Built the "train yard" and added more onto the main track. Here's some pics.

geo7.jpg
Main Track
geo7.jpg (94.31 KiB) Viewed 3725 times

geo8trainyard.jpg
train yard
geo8trainyard.jpg (80.92 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
By blake711
train yard. Nice I hadn't though of that using the switches back to back like that.
By pegperegooooo
blake711 wrote:train yard. Nice I hadn't though of that using the switches back to back like that.

We don't use the switches in the main track. There's enough chaos going on already. The old trains with forward only get parked in the "loops" the newer ones with reverse back into their spaces. It works for us.
By colinandmylesmom
I LOVE that Train Yard. Wish I hadn't sold a bunch of that track yesterday! We'll have to do that sometime if I end up with more track, picking up a few more lots of stuff for more elevation pieces, so my husband can make a Double Helix type set up that's a few feet tall.

Awesome set up!

Yeah, the unique remote trains are Colin's favorites, like Midnight Flier and the Silver/Green one (that's one of my favorites).

It's funny we actually switched SHELLS on two of our trains. The Silver/Green train originally had a broken motor/gear, so we took the shell off and put it on the same style train. It works, FOR NOW, it's starting to make a funny noise. It's so hard to find that one.
By pegperegooooo
The key to the train yard is having two of the T pieces, one lets you enter the yard in any direction, while the other let's you get on the main track in any direction. I'm sure you could do it with just switches but the T switches makes it simple. As they say a pics worth a 1000 words.

geo9yarda.jpg
geo9yarda.jpg (113.1 KiB) Viewed 3715 times

For a tighter parking you can interlace the parking by adding a short straight to one side, basically staggering the parking, but then it's not a drive through loop.

For newer trains the best way is to use the Y-switches as shown below, but they only come with Grand Central Station and the indivual pieces are pricey.

geo9yardb.jpg
geo9yardb.jpg (109.5 KiB) Viewed 3715 times

Just idea's for anyone who cares.
By pegperegooooo
dozer wrote:I love it but I think you and 5 others on the continent have that many switches.

There can always by double parking I suppose.
By pegperegooooo
Well after a total of about 8 hours we are set up :D . Here's the pic. It's all one single circuit if anybody was wondering.

geofinished.jpg
geofinished.jpg (96.29 KiB) Viewed 3705 times

Here a tip for newbies. When you're doing elevated track, eventually you'll hit a spot where a stantion can not be placed. the solution is to join two pieces with a guard rail as pictured below. (I can't take credit, I saw it somewhere else)

geotip.jpg
geotip.jpg (112.42 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
By avho
Ahhh, good to see some more people with the Geotrax addiction!
Pegperegooooo,
The guard rail tip above is a great idea. I never thought of that. I'm always forced to use a bridge instead.
And that is a VERY impressive setup for a single circuit. It's amazing how quickly a simple loop turns into a room engulfing monster. :lol:
By pegperegooooo
I think there's more "GeoTrax Maniacs" out there than people know. It's time for us to come out and be noticed. WE LIKE KIDS TOYS! :oops:
By colinandmylesmom
Good idea on the guardrail solution, never thought of that to support the sagging part.
By pegperegooooo
dozer wrote:Love it
great tip with the guard rail.
Just for fun can you can/have you timed how ling it takes for a train to go all the way through.

I never have, until this morning. It took Chick Hicks with new batteries 5 Minutes 47 Seconds to make one complete circuit on the main track. So I'd assume a train would take 11-12 minutes for a lap.

On another note I try taking batteries out of trains that aren't being played with much so we don't get corrosion. This morning I was doing that when it dawned on me that their's 24 trains and 3 planes, each having 6 AAA batteries. We have 162 batteries running the trains, and I'm ball parking at a minimum 40 more in the buildings.

Is it time I mod the train to be solar powered or just shoot for perpetual energy. Time to start modifiedgeotrax.com and let the modding begin.
By pegperegooooo
You know before discovering krylon fusion, I wanted to paint one of their duplicate remote trains but figured it wouldn't stick. So I sold off and gave away the duplicates. Now after using Fusion I wish I still had an extra to do. This summer I'm hopeful I'll pick up some more at yard sales.

I have seen on another site, somebody merged a Thomas with a geotrax engine. It looked factory but took a long time.
By dozer
pegperegooooo wrote:
dozer wrote:Love it
great tip with the guard rail.
Just for fun can you can/have you timed how ling it takes for a train to go all the way through.

I never have, until this morning. It took Chick Hicks with new batteries 5 Minutes 47 Seconds to make one complete circuit on the main track. So I'd assume a train would take 11-12 minutes for a lap.

On another note I try taking batteries out of trains that aren't being played with much so we don't get corrosion. This morning I was doing that when it dawned on me that their's 24 trains and 3 planes, each having 6 AAA batteries. We have 162 batteries running the trains, and I'm ball parking at a minimum 40 more in the buildings.

Is it time I mod the train to be solar powered or just shoot for perpetual energy. Time to start modifiedgeotrax.com and let the modding begin.

That a long trip for a little train.

Thanks for the pick Peg. The setup looks terrific and I love the train yard.
By colinandmylesmom
Actually I was at Kmart yesterday and they had a bunch of toys in an aisle for $3 each...including FLOS! I bought an extra.

They had tons of Vsmile / Vsmile Motion games for $3 each, too bad I just sold our system, since the Wii does everything tht does.
By chozian
colinandmylesmom wrote:Actually I was at Kmart yesterday and they had a bunch of toys in an aisle for $3 each...including FLOS! I bought an extra.

They had tons of Vsmile / Vsmile Motion games for $3 each, too bad I just sold our system, since the Wii does everything tht does.

Wow! $3 for a Vsmile or Vmotion game is great!
By colinandmylesmom
Actually correction, they had Ramone's set for $3 at Kmart...I got a bunch of toys for $3...didn't buy any game since we sold our VSmile, but they had all the good names left, Thomas, Backyardigans, Tigger & Pooh, etc, then at a different Kmart, I found some Playmobil sets for $3...and u know that stuff ain't cheap!

I'm getting even more addicted to getting all the Geotrax items day by day it's growing. Of course, Colin is loving it, I'm making him work for it though, practicing writing his letters to get a new train, and other things that normally he just throws a fit over having to do. I'm dreading kindergarten next year!

We just got 4 new remotes in the last 2 days...I'm wishing I had bought more rechargeables on sale last week :(
By chozian
colinandmylesmom wrote:We just got 4 new remotes in the last 2 days...I'm wishing I had bought more rechargeables on sale last week :(

You may want to take a look at the Energizer rechargeables on eBay. I get them new from US sellers and have had good luck with them. They are 2300 mAh rated, and I've been getting between 2300 - 2500 mAh from them. I just picked up 16 of them in AA's last week for $17.50 shipped. The date codes on them were all in the last 4 months.
By blake711
chozian are they precharged slow discharge or normal rechargeable? can you post a link to an auction you have used?
Last edited by blake711 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chozian
blake711 wrote:chozian are they precharged slow discharge or normal rechargeable? can you post a link to an auction you have used?

They are not listed as precharged slow discharge, but they did come precharged and appear to self discharge much slower than my other rechargeables. We had been using them in our children's portable VSmile units. They seem to work great and hold their charge after many weeks. Here is a link to the listing that I ordered from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280607797330
By pegperegooooo
colinandmylesmom wrote:Actually correction, they had Ramone's set for $3 at Kmart...I got a bunch of toys for $3...didn't buy any game since we sold our VSmile, but they had all the good names left, Thomas, Backyardigans, Tigger & Pooh, etc, then at a different Kmart, I found some Playmobil sets for $3...and u know that stuff ain't cheap!

I'm getting even more addicted to getting all the Geotrax items day by day it's growing. Of course, Colin is loving it, I'm making him work for it though, practicing writing his letters to get a new train, and other things that normally he just throws a fit over having to do. I'm dreading kindergarten next year!

We just got 4 new remotes in the last 2 days...I'm wishing I had bought more rechargeables on sale last week :(

Anything with a GeoTrax logo on it is a steal at $3.00.

My 4 year old just took a train, a few pieces of track and a picture of his train room into preschool for his show and tell. He was so excited, he was counting down the days to show and tell, like he did Christmas.

On a side note, did you get your E-bay buys yet Blake?
By blake711
Yup got them all last week. The seller was awesome she packaged each item individually and labeled them. She sent me one item accidentally that was scratched and before I got it sent me a second one and apologized. I just ordered some more left turns and risers from another person so I can go higher and make a larger trainyard like you had. I had a ton of right hand turns but only one left hand. I keep hoping to find some deals on CL but its slow right now. I am sure once spring hits and the Garage sales start we will find some good deals.
By pegperegooooo
blake711 wrote:Yup got them all last week. The seller was awesome she packaged each item individually and labeled them. She sent me one item accidentally that was scratched and before I got it sent me a second one and apologized. I just ordered some more left turns and risers from another person so I can go higher and make a larger trainyard like you had. I had a ton of right hand turns but only one left hand. I keep hoping to find some deals on CL but its slow right now. I am sure once spring hits and the Garage sales start we will find some good deals.

It always seems like no matter what setup you create, you always need just one more piece to complete it. It seems as though you are addicted and I'm sure the kid is loving it.
By blake711
well my kids and I enjoy it the wife on the other-hand is another story. She doesn't consider one half of the living room as a small setup.
By pegperegooooo
Our "Train room" is upstairs accross from the kids bedrooms. The 4 year old wakes up before us sometimes and just goes over to the train room and plays until we get up. So my wife LOVES the trains. If they were set up in the living room, I'd imagine she'd have a very different opinion of them, and we'd certainly have much, much less of them.

If I were you I'd suggest the only obvious solution.....time for an addition so we have a place to set up the trains. Of course you'd probably get the same answer I would and it would include profanity.
By blake711
We just bought a new home less than 2 years ago. I capped the wife at 2000 SF because I am to cheap to heat and cool any more than that. She did find a couple 4 bedrooms under that limit but they all had small rooms. I would set it up in one of the kids rooms, but they have spring horse, kitchen set, race track, trampoline, tent, baby doll bed, doll house, you get the picture. :)

thats why I think half the living room is compromise. I mean I could use the whole living room. Around the sofa, behind the chairs over the tables. :lol: I bought some more risers on ebay today to help me go up higher and have track on top of track. So I should be able to condense it some the problem is they like to have all the little buildings setup.
Last edited by blake711 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pegperegooooo
So basically what you're saying is the cup....I mean living room is STILL half empty. Looking at it that way the wife has nothing to complain about. She should be happy that you didn't use the whole room. :D
By blake711
pegperegooooo wrote:So basically what you're saying is the cup....I mean living room is STILL half empty. Looking at it that way the wife has nothing to complain about. She should be happy that you didn't use the whole room. :D

I will tell her you said that. Then I will be sleeping in the living room with the geo trax tonight. :lol:
By colinandmylesmom
We finally set up a set in Colin's bedroom, that he can leave up all the time, it's hard to get around in his room now without stepping on something, as the set up is very intertwined. Then in our family room, we set up / tear down a set daily, because with Myles (who will be 2 this week), he trips over everything or rips it up. I wish we had a huge room that wasn't used for much else we could set it up in, but our family room is the most used room by everyone and the Geo Trax just gets in the way :(

I'm debating selling all our Thomas train stuff (Colin doesnt like it anymore, but I saved it for Myles) that's across the street in my Grandpa's huge finished basement, and taking a bunch of the Geotrax over there & setting it up.
By NoahsKart
man, i can't really afford two hobbies but these are really cool. much better than the thomas trackmaster series. my boy loves trains in general so i think he will really love geotrax.

having said that let me ask you this...
i found a seller who is trying to get rid of their geotrax set. i just want to know if they're worth $100.
i know it includes 4 trains/remotes, tracks, and some bldgs.
sorry i could only manage to get cellphone pics.
Attachments
bin of geo trax.jpg
bin of geo trax.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 3636 times
box of geo trax.jpg
box of geo trax.jpg (7.5 KiB) Viewed 3636 times
By blake711
trains are 22-25 a pop for remote ones. Looks like a good amount of track also. I think it would be a good starting set but I am pretty new to this.
By pegperegooooo
NoahsKart wrote:man, i can't really afford two hobbies but these are really cool. much better than the thomas trackmaster series. my boy loves trains in general so i think he will really love geotrax.

having said that let me ask you this...
i found a seller who is trying to get rid of their geotrax set. i just want to know if they're worth $100.
i know it includes 4 trains/remotes, tracks, and some bldgs.
sorry i could only manage to get cellphone pics.

I'd say closer to $65-$70 if all the train cars are there.

EDIT:
I noticed the Red Clock Tower - Worth $25+
Mile High Mountain (I think) - Worth $15+
Track's worth about $1 a piece
Trains are too hard for me to say, though they seem like older ones, average $15 a piece on E-bay
Prices are if buying individually, lots are cheaper.
I'm cheap, maybe $100 is alright, but $65-$70 sounds better.
Last edited by pegperegooooo on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By colinandmylesmom
Even with all the stuff we have, I'd pay $100 for that! So much track, etc, one look at prices at Toys R Us, you'll understand how much value there is!!

I've been buying big lots lately just to get one or two pieces we want, then selling the rest, and just like Power wheels, I've been making a profit off it :) I've been selling the spare remotes/trains for like $15 a set.

Yes, you should have matching motors/gearboxes in […]

Dune racer build up help

Ok. So I went with new gear boxes. Titan 775s with[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

I got this same Jeep as a Christmas present for m[…]

just wanted to share this upgrade mustang 2017 sma[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course