KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By badtenant
I had a Lil Golf cart that had a small 6v motor that barely moved with my son on it. He is 6 and probably too big for it but loves golf carts. That said, I upgrade the battery to 12v and the thing literally popped wheelies but also jumped to the left given it only had one motor. It also had horrible traction problems with the plastic wheels. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to upgrade to 2 12v motors and add pneumatic wheels. So I purchased some used Power Wheels (#7 I think) units off ebay, installed but these things are slow and have no torque. I also recently found out the two don't have the same gear ratio. I think one is 17T and the other 15T. Once I discovered they were different ratios I quit trying to run them together. I've actually run each one at 18v and the 17T was no not any better. It had a bit more torque but nothing like the 6v motor on 12v and both the 12v motors shutoff. I will try the 15T later today when my son gets home from school. I've tested the power at the motors and it is getting a full 18v when the gas is pressed. I imagine I do need to upgrade some wiring for safety reasons but that doe not seem to be the issue at the moment. So I guess my ask is...Given the increased weight from the wheels and my son what would be the best option for motors/gearboxes? I assume any dual rider would be sufficient but I also thought these 12v would do better than they are doing. Could these motors just be junk?

The goal is for him to be able to ride this in grass and on the sidewalk up some hills...Nothing too steep

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Professional writing or essay service which needs […]

I’m looking for the 88-98 body style Chevrol[…]

The best easiest upgrade to add both durability an[…]

Hello, Unfortunately I know less today about my[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course