KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
Hi Guys,

I'm a new subscriber to this forum but have been reading here for a couple of years and found everyone's advice and insight extremely helpful. I've had to retire my kids PW Jeep after 6 years of heavy abuse by 3 kids, several sets of wheels and steering and chassis repairs, replacement switches etc it's just beyond help now! I found a replacement 2 seater Dune Racer for my youngest son at a great price but without a battery which was no problem for me. I checked it quickly using my spare battery and bought it.

Anyway when the kids tried it at home the traction is just not anywhere near as good as the Jeep so I looked into why. It seems that on high speed only the right rear wheel is driven, whilst both rear wheels are driven in low speed and reverse. Is this normal for this model? Both wheels are definitey driven on the Jeep on high speed (I wasn't sure so I just checked now). It's really weird as the Dune Racer doesn't have enough traction to get up my driveway whereas the Jeep never has a problem with either one or two riders.

If there is a problem with the new ride is it likely to be electrical (as I know both morors are capable of working as they do so low speed/ reverse)?

Any advise or experience anyone has would be really appreciated!

The wiring is exactly the same as the jeep. Check for a faulty high speed switch in your shifter assembly. It sounds like you may have bad contact at the high speed switch. If you have some time access the shifter, mark the connector, unplug the connector, remove the switch, disassemble the switch, clean the switch and then re-install. All you need are simple screwdrivers. There are two springs inside the switch so watch your eyes and be prepared to catch them when you pry open the switch. If you need a replacement just post an ad in the wanted section.If you still have the jeep just swap out the shifter assembly for troubleshooting.
Last edited by wired on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alright! Glad it was a "free" fix for you. Those are the best. I appreciate you posting the results. There are too many times where people find/fix their problem only to abandon the post and leave everybody wondering what happened. The weather is getting better for the kids to start riding again and now you're ready to roll. Enjoy it because they grow up way too fast. 8-)
Hey guys, I have the same problem. I have taken apart and cleaned the switches. The problem is,
I totally forgot the orientation of the switches. 1 set upside down 1 set right side up then insert the contacts to either or or flip them all and either or. There actually is a lot of possibilities. Anyone have time to take a pic of their switches so I know if red or white is right side up or upside down and then I can trial and error the connections??? Thanks

So my Kids wanted faster but not much going for Be[…]

I’ve got the old school original kid trax fi[…]

I recently upgraded my kids Dora Jeep from 6v to 1[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Best Choice Products (BCP) Jeep 24v Upgraded from […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course