KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By hudnut
I have an old wrangler that its mostly stock and running on 12V. I upgraded the motors to theDuratrax 550. They run faster on flat ground but once you hit a hill or grass they bog down and stall. The wiring is also overheating. The motors has a pre-installed 19t pinion that matched the stock tooth and pitch but were plastic instead of steel. The new setup is extremely loud. this is leading me to think it's something mechanical causing the power and heating problem. anyone have experience with these?
By wired
No experience with that motor but it sounds like it's just not made to handle the torque requirements. The motor can't handle it so it stalls and causes the amp spike. The wires are getting hot from amp draw. It sounds like you need different motors for your application. I know that's probably nothing you didn't already know but I didn't want you thinking you were being ignored. The noise is probably from the gear mesh of the plastic pinion gear. Stock motors on 18v would probably be more fun and reliable.
By hudnut
I replaced the pinions and the performance is better and they are much quieter now. The torque is still less than stock but the speed is much faster. I found a poor connection near my fuse that was causing the heat. I may try an 18v setup with these motors and see if they can handle it. If not I'll go back to stock motors and will only be out $22.

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response and confusion. So aft[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course