KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Neilvdm
Hey all,
So I'm new to this, just got my son a 2nd hand electric jeep and immediately realized its too slow and wanted to upgrade it. :D :D
Was not surprised to see that I'm not the only dad when I found this site.

So obviously I just bought blindly as I was none the wiser, but after spending a couple of days reading on this forum, I have learned a bit.
So as per the subject, its a 6v single motor.
I have got the 2nd battery and 2 relays, but I would like to get a 2nd motor or 2 new motors.
Its begging for an upgrade as there is already a cut-out for a 2nd motor and space for a 2nd battery :D :D
How would I go about finding compatible motor+gearbox for these Chinese models?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1494343208152.jpg
2017-05-23_12-03-55.jpg
under the seat
By lexx0116
TR7man wrote:Can you post a pic of the gearbox? Here's a pic of mine to compare:

That is what I am looking for too for the motor. Do you know where to get the motor in your pic?
By lexx0116
lexx0116 wrote:
TR7man wrote:Can you post a pic of the gearbox? Here's a pic of mine to compare:

That is what I am looking for too for the motor. Do you know where to get the motor in your pic?

I have 6v too and want to upgrade to 12v
Attachments
06.JPG
05.JPG
02.JPG
By lexx0116
lexx0116 wrote:
lexx0116 wrote:

I have 6v too and want to upgrade to 12v

And I am looking for the gearbox too to add to the rear wheel as well.
By TR7man
Check out my post regarding my Action Wheels Batmobile:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21033

Bought from Wal-Mart, assembled by Ballard Pacific, but manufactured in China. I bought the same motor/gearbox with the kidney shaped gears from Ballard Pacific, send them the pic of your motor/gearbox. These are 6v motors, but I also bought a 12v battery from these guys, and the Batmobile runs about 4.1 mph,perfect for a 3 year old, with 2 x 6v motors, running at 12v. I am looking into mounting heatsinks on the motors, and adding cooling fans, to cool them off.

You'll need to verify that the other rear wheel has the spaces for the kidney shaped gears.
By TR7man
That's the one I ordered, but they sent me the wrong one, then I sent them a pic of mine, and they sent the right one, and its a perfect match.

There may be a spacer welded to the axle rod, in the place where the 2nd gearbox would go, which I had to remove on mine.
By lexx0116
So I probably need to take out the gearbox and then see if it fits the other rear wheel. If it does then I guess I am all set to order the gearbox off that site.
Attachments
06.JPG
02.JPG
By TR7man
Circled in yellow on the non motorized wheel, was a spacer welded to the axle rod.

You'll need to remove that to install the 2nd gearbox/motor.
By lexx0116
I disassembled the cover yesterday and saw what you were referring to. I will have to sand it down so the motor can slide all the way in. The washer just falls out. One thing I want to know is the wiring for the 2nd motor. Do I need to get another plug for the 2nd motor or can I just solder to the 1st motor wire and go. I've heard about series and parallel connection but not sure about my setup here.
Razor quad

Question about a razor quad I'm sure someone has s[…]

Please let me know if K1w1ed doesn’t pick this up.[…]

7R transplant into a 7 Gearbox

Not totally clear on your question. You can direct[…]

Need some guidance 6v f150

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course