KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By bigjase
My son was riding his gator and 2nd gear stopped working. I noticed that the rear passenger side wheel spins in 1st and reverse, but very slowly in second, and only for a few seconds. Then there is a click down by the petal and it stops. I switched around the wired going to the motors, but even after moving driver to passenger and vica versa, the rear passenger side spins but not the other one. Do I have a bad motor?
By Bigmac41288b
Did you check to see if your getting good voltage to the motor while running?
Your post wasn't completely clear. When you swapped the motor leads did the hi speed (2nd gear) problem switch to the other side?
If so then it's not a motor problem it sounds like an electrical problem.
By bigjase
I didn't get a chance to check the voltage before I left. When I switched the leads nothing changed. It acted the exact same way, like I didn't change anything.
By Suburbancharlie77
Depending upon age, the old one had a limiter/breaker mid wiring, near the pedal. Also near the pedal is the stock battery breaker. That would kill all power though.

I'm fighting one now, haunted I tell you, works fine for close to 2 hours, when I want to pack it up to return it, it dies on the way to the truck!?!? I suggested the owner get a "revised wire overhaul kit", comes with EVERYTHING electrical, except for a battery!

$100 to not pull your hair out, and have the original parts to use as potential spares down the road...... worth the time you get to not be messing with it!
Just my 2¢

http://www.kidswheels.com/parts/wiring- ... kit-sku746

Again, read some of the other post about improveme[…]

Pines

rps20170816_230236.jpg rps20170816_230456.jpg

New Corvette C7 Z06

Marvelous! That looks sick in white.

Rocks in Wheels

Yes I do. I even heard of a rock that can act. :D

HobbyMasters