KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By steve392
So i think im going to splurge and do the 775 upgrade to my son's f150 extreme. Besides the 2 motors, what else is needed on the parts list? 16T pinion? spacers? new screws? I will be adding a 6v battery to make it 18v eventually. I want to gather everything now so I can do it all at once. By doing the 775's, i won't have to do any wiring upgrades will I?

Also with the battery upgrade and keeping the factory power wheels 12v battery, which 6v do you get? I mean which amps per hour size?
By M.L.Toys
You'll need a 775 to 7R mounting kit, 2 motors, 2 775 pinions 15-17T, and I'd recommend a brake reduction module:
http://www.mltoys.com/Performance-Motor ... -s/111.htm

You can't use the factory battery to make a larger battery pack as the internal 30amp breaker is not sufficient and will fail:
http://www.mltoys.com/Ride-on-Performan ... -s/129.htm
By steve392
Thanks for the info. All in which I had hoped for got put to bed when i saw what happened to my paycheck. Hoping its a clerical error and nothing else. Or this project will be dormant for a very long time. :(
By Suburbancharlie77
Oh I know that feeling all to well unfortunately! Hopefully you can be informed it was merely a clerical error, and that the compensation is a bonus, a raise, you get to #!+ the boss, and a 2 week vacation, all expenses paid and all inclusive!
I think that would have made me feel better at least?
By steve392
No clerical error. IRS garnished my check of nearly 78%. Not one warning or notice of it. Had appointment with them the following week. They just don't care at all and they know the money owed is my ex-wifes but because we filed jointly they will take my money to pay off her debt. So messed up.

But i got them to stop the garnishment and had to re-file this years taxes without my son on them and set up a payment plan. So the upgrade will eventually happen. Might have to piece it together over several different pay periods.
Circuit breaker popping

You can test the motors by applying 12v straight f[…]

Adjustable Brake Reduction Mod

Thank you so much for this idea! I was just going […]

Yes, You can run them in series but it's not[…]

I read the FAQ - The Definitive "Gearbox"[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course